Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Top 2 seeds kept a tradition alive this week in our league. Both seeds got eliminated round 1.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Matching up against the top team (and a juggernaut at that) in our league this week in the semis. I am down 1.1 with Gallman left against his Ebron. I have a real shot at the finals! Too bad I didn’t start Melvin Gordon or Fournette (picked up off waivers). But Hopkins, AJ Brown, Brady, James Robinson were solid to great and my streamer TE Logan Thomas helped keep me afloat. Fingers crossed Gallman is decent and Ebron stays out of the end zone this week!

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Matching up against the top team (and a juggernaut at that) in our league this week in the semis. I am down 1.1 with Gallman left against his Ebron. I have a real shot at the finals! Too bad I didn’t start Melvin Gordon or Fournette (picked up off waivers). But Hopkins, AJ Brown, Brady, James Robinson were solid to great and my streamer TE Logan Thomas helped keep me afloat. Fingers crossed Gallman is decent and Ebron stays out of the end zone this week!
    I made the finals. Carried on the back of Jalen Hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    I made the finals. Carried on the back of Jalen Hurts.
    Not looking good for me now. Gallman had a very quiet night, so I'm only up by 1.8 points with my opponent's Ebron going tonight. Need him to get 17 yards or less, and no TDs.

I rode Gallman, Gesicki/Thomas, James Robinson, and Mike Davis/Ekeler as far as they could take me. Alas, it appears that the gravy train runs dry this week.

Not looking good for me now. Gallman had a very quiet night, so I'm only up by 1.8 points with my opponent's Ebron going tonight. Need him to get 17 yards or less, and no TDs.

I rode Gallman, Gesicki/Thomas, James Robinson, and Mike Davis/Ekeler as far as they could take me. Alas, it appears that the gravy train runs dry this week.
    If you do lose, is your season over or do you play for 3rd place? That's the way our league is set up. Both for the Championship and consolation teams. I finished 5th out of 8 teams and was regulated to the consolation division where I drew the 6th place team. I'm up 41 points going into Pitt vs. Cin. game tonight. He has Ebron as his only player left. I'm pretty sure I'll come out the winner. Yesterday I had K. Murray, Hopkins and Swift. Now I will play the 7th place team. We split during the season.
    I hope to have a better season next year.
    PS, I hope Ebron get's shut out tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    If you do lose, is your season over or do you play for 3rd place? That's the way our league is set up. Both for the Championship and consolation teams. I finished 5th out of 8 teams and was regulated to the consolation division where I drew the 6th place team. I'm up 41 points going into Pitt vs. Cin. game tonight. He has Ebron as his only player left. I'm pretty sure I'll come out the winner. Yesterday I had K. Murray, Hopkins and Swift. Now I will play the 7th place team. We split during the season.
    I hope to have a better season next year.
    PS, I hope Ebron get's shut out tonight.
    I would play the consolation game against the other semifinal loser (3rd place team; I was 5th but like 11 points out of 3rd). We have teams 3-6 play the first round (everyone below is out), then the winners of those two games take on the top two teams in the semis.

Going into tonight I needed Big Ben to score me 5.2 points to secure the win (my opponent has nobody left). Now I need him to score about 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Going into tonight I needed Big Ben to score me 5.2 points to secure the win (my opponent has nobody left). Now I need him to score about 8.
    Looks like you may have just eked it out despite Big Ben’s clunker!

Thanks to Ebron throwing up a goose egg, I managed to pull off the upset. On to the finals with my M.A.S.H. unit!

Looks like you may have just eked it out despite Big Ben’s clunker!

Thanks to Ebron throwing up a goose egg, I managed to pull off the upset. On to the finals with my M.A.S.H. unit!
    Ended up winning by ~2.5 points, yeesh.

Now on to an extremely tough finals matchup against a guy with Herbert, Keenan Allen, Amari Cooper, Derrick Henry, Austin Ekeler, and Travis Kelce (to go up against my Big Ben, Deandre Hopkins, AJ Brown, Chris Carson, Nick Chubb*, Mark Andrews, and David Montgomery).

I have an open roster spot, debating adding Jalen Hurts or Drew Brees to replace Big Ben for championship week. Also might replace Carson (tough matchup against the rams this week and still not 100%) with Aiyuk or Lockett.

*I got Nick Chubb off waivers back when he was on IR (and we had two IR slots)!

Now on to an extremely tough finals matchup against a guy with Herbert, Keenan Allen, Amari Cooper, Derrick Henry, Austin Ekeler, and Travis Kelce (to go up against my Big Ben, Deandre Hopkins, AJ Brown, Chris Carson, Nick Chubb*, Mark Andrews, and David Montgomery).

I have an open roster spot, debating adding Jalen Hurts or Drew Brees to replace Big Ben for championship week. Also might replace Carson (tough matchup against the rams this week and still not 100%) with Aiyuk or Lockett.

It looks like McCaffrey might play this week. Do you or CDu play teams that have him on the roster? Ebron going scoreless helped CDu to make it to the finals. Good luck to both of you.

GoDuke!

It looks like McCaffrey might play this week. Do you or CDu play teams that have him on the roster? Ebron going scoreless helped CDu to make it to the finals. Good luck to both of you.

GoDuke!
    Nope, this guy's bench is trash (Tony Pollard, Gus Edwards, Baker Mayfield, Jared Goff, Jeff Wilson, and Buffalo D/ST).

My opponent in the finals has Mahomes, Aaron Jones, Montgomery, Kupp, Aiyuk, Goedert, and Cooper as the starters along with the Ravens D and Butker. Their bench has Herbert and a bunch of middling types (Zack Moss, Claypool, Chase Edmonds, Hayden Hurst) and a pair of defenses (Browns, Seahawks).

My squad has been decimated by injuries (Barkley, Deebo Samuel) and suspension (Fuller), but I've chipped away and got hot and lucky at the right time. I'll be rolling with Brady, Ekeler, Hopkins, AJ Brown, Logan Thomas or Mike Gesicki, and two of Gallman/James Robinson (if he's available)/Fournette/Melvin Gordon along with the Redskins D and Blankenship. My bench will include the other two of the Gallman/Robinson/Fournette/Gordon quartet along with the loser of the Thomas/Gesicki sweepstakes, and Mike Davis, Jeff Wilson Jr, Zach Ertz, and Sony Michel. I've got waiver claims in for Darrell Henderson Jr, Tony Pollard (in the chance that Zeke sits another one), and Antonio Brown in place of Michel, so if I land Henderson he would join the mix assuming Akers is out. Ditto for Pollard if Zeke sits again.

I'll probably be slight underdogs again, as my opponent has the ability to take the roof off with a few guys (Mahomes vs ATL and the red-hot Montgomery). But I think I have a fighting chance.

Pittsburgh defense

My team is in the finals, and will be an underdog (as I was last week). I was counting on a good game from the Steelers' defense, but am starting to wonder. The Steelers' D wasn't all that bad last night, although they didn't score much; Pittsburgh's offense was horrible and kept putting them in a hole. Should I start the Steelers (against Indy)? Or start the Texans (against Cincinnati)? Or stream some other team?

My team is in the finals, and will be an underdog (as I was last week). I was counting on a good game from the Steelers' defense, but am starting to wonder. The Steelers' D wasn't all that bad last night, although they didn't score much; Pittsburgh's offense was horrible and kept putting them in a hole. Should I start the Steelers (against Indy)? Or start the Texans (against Cincinnati)? Or stream some other team?
    I would probably go Steelers over Texans, but they're both in the same ballpark, kind of average middle of the pack options this week. Who else is available?

I would probably go Steelers over Texans, but they're both in the same ballpark, kind of average middle of the pack options this week. Who else is available?
    Saints (against Minn.)

Saints (against Minn.)
    Saints would be tempting to me. You can definitely sack Cousins.

Saints would be tempting to me. You can definitely sack Cousins.
    Bears are also available, and I put in a waiver claim for them. They play Jax.

My opponent in the finals has Mahomes, Aaron Jones, Montgomery, Kupp, Aiyuk, Goedert, and Cooper as the starters along with the Ravens D and Butker. Their bench has Herbert and a bunch of middling types (Zack Moss, Claypool, Chase Edmonds, Hayden Hurst) and a pair of defenses (Browns, Seahawks).

My squad has been decimated by injuries (Barkley, Deebo Samuel) and suspension (Fuller), but I've chipped away and got hot and lucky at the right time. I'll be rolling with Brady, Ekeler, Hopkins, AJ Brown, Logan Thomas or Mike Gesicki, and two of Gallman/James Robinson (if he's available)/Fournette/Melvin Gordon along with the Redskins D and Blankenship. My bench will include the other two of the Gallman/Robinson/Fournette/Gordon quartet along with the loser of the Thomas/Gesicki sweepstakes, and Mike Davis, Jeff Wilson Jr, Zach Ertz, and Sony Michel. I've got waiver claims in for Darrell Henderson Jr, Tony Pollard (in the chance that Zeke sits another one), and Antonio Brown in place of Michel, so if I land Henderson he would join the mix assuming Akers is out. Ditto for Pollard if Zeke sits again.

I'll probably be slight underdogs again, as my opponent has the ability to take the roof off with a few guys (Mahomes vs ATL and the red-hot Montgomery). But I think I have a fighting chance.
    Is Bernard(I know a Cheat) on your waiver wire? He's on ours along with Gibson and Gordon. I have a good group of RBs now with Ekeler, A. Jones, Swift, Gaskins and also Mostert but he's done for 2020. My WRs are Hopkins, AJ Brown, Aiyuk and D. Johnson. I would loved to had this bunch all season to go with K. Murray and Herbert as the QBs. But no, 2020 and injuries all that stuff.

Is Bernard(I know a Cheat) on your waiver wire? He's on ours along with Gibson and Gordon. I have a good group of RBs now with Ekeler, A. Jones, Swift, Gaskins and also Mostert but he's done for 2020. My WRs are Hopkins, AJ Brown, Aiyuk and D. Johnson. I would loved to had this bunch all season to go with K. Murray and Herbert as the QBs. But no, 2020 and injuries all that stuff.
    No, we allow more than 4 RBs on rosters, so most RBs are gone. The Mixon owner grabbed Bernard when Mixon went out and kept both. Henderson and Pollard and Gus Edwards are about it on waivers.

I actually got pretty lucky that there has been enough shuffle late in the season that Fournette and Wilson and Henderson and Pollard are all potential week 16 starters. I picked Wilson and Fournette up on waivers last week and have a shot at Henderson and Pollard. Of course, if Mostert and Jones and Elliott return this week, then only Henderson has value (and that is iffy anyway, as he had cooled off prior to getting benched).

I am really just keeping my fingers crossed that James Robinson recovers. If he does, then I should be set with my lineup. If not, then I am playing roulette with those shaky alternatives.

No, we allow more than 4 RBs on rosters, so most RBs are gone. The Mixon owner grabbed Bernard when Mixon went out and kept both. Henderson and Pollard and Gus Edwards are about it on waivers.

I actually got pretty lucky that there has been enough shuffle late in the season that Fournette and Wilson and Henderson and Pollard are all potential week 16 starters. I picked Wilson and Fournette up on waivers last week and have a shot at Henderson and Pollard. Of course, if Mostert and Jones and Elliott return this week, then only Henderson has value (and that is iffy anyway, as he had cooled off prior to getting benched).

I am really just keeping my fingers crossed that James Robinson recovers. If he does, then I should be set with my lineup. If not, then I am playing roulette with those shaky alternatives.
    The SF Coach said yesterday that Mostert and Debo are not playing again this year. Also, they are almost out of QBs for this week. My future God-son-in-law gave me an app that gives very good updates on injuries.

GoDuke!