Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I'm starting Sanders this week (I think Sanders would have been startable on a weekly basis even if Thomas were healthy) over Robby Anderson, DeVante Parker, and Valdes-Scantling. Meanwhile, I have pick 1 of Kenyan Drake, Chris Carson, and Nyheim Hines for my flex (I also have David Johnson and Aaron Jones, who are locked into their starting spots). I'm leaning towards Drake, but I think Hines could be a really good play. Chris Carson had a nice week 1, but there are some volume concerns based on the week 1 workloads.

In the same league I also have to choose between Noah Fant and Jonnu Smith at TE (leaning Fant).
    For week 2 myfootball guys predict:
    PPR/Non-PPR
    Drake: 13.61/11.49
    Carson: 14.70/10.93
    Hines: 14.12/9.57
    Fant: 9.57/5.85
    Smith: 10.33/6.54

Just some data...

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I forgot about Thomas' high ankle sprain. I'm going to increase my bid on Sanders. My real question now is whether Malcom Brown is worth the bid I have out on him (or more).
    I don't know what to think about Brown. If he keeps getting that workload he is worth that much or more, but there is risk that he loses carries to Cam Akers or whoever that 3rd RB is (Henderson I think?). What is your budget for the season?

For week 2 myfootball guys predict:
    PPR/Non-PPR
    Drake: 13.61/11.49
    Carson: 14.70/10.93
    Hines: 14.12/9.57
    Fant: 9.57/5.85
    Smith: 10.33/6.54

Just some data...
    Sooo...looks like I'm right that they're all basically tossups! *shrug*

I'm starting Sanders this week (I think Sanders would have been startable on a weekly basis even if Thomas were healthy) over Robby Anderson, DeVante Parker, and Valdes-Scantling. Meanwhile, I have pick 1 of Kenyan Drake, Chris Carson, and Nyheim Hines for my flex (I also have David Johnson and Aaron Jones, who are locked into their starting spots). I'm leaning towards Drake, but I think Hines could be a really good play. Chris Carson had a nice week 1, but there are some volume concerns based on the week 1 workloads.

In the same league I also have to choose between Noah Fant and Jonnu Smith at TE (leaning Fant).
    I was listening to Fantasy Football XM radio this morning and those guys were really high on Chris Carson. They were not sold on Malcom Brown because they don't know if he's going to get the work load and they were not sure about James Conner. The ankle sprain and the good play of Benny Snell last week may limit Conner's touches.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I was listening to Fantasy Football XM radio this morning and those guys were really high on Chris Carson. They were not sold on Malcom Brown because they don't know if he's going to get the work load and they were not sure about James Conner. The ankle sprain and the good play of Benny Snell last week may limit Conner's touches.
    As a Seahawks fan, I'm no so sure about Carson. Wilson used him a lot last week, both rushing and catching, but we also have a barn full of TEs that didn't get as much run as I expected. I doubt he will be used as much in the passing game going forward, but I could be wrong.

My current waiver bids look like this (I may have to adjust the amounts if I get serious about a player, like Brown):

• Waiver 1 (Sep 19): Bid $15 for Malcolm Brown, Drop Kerryon Johnson
    • Waiver 2 (Sep 19): Bid $14 for Emmanuel Sanders, Drop Brandin Cooks
    • Waiver 3 (Sep 19): Bid $12 for Corey Davis, Drop Brandin Cooks
    • Waiver 4 (Sep 19): Bid $8 for Mike Williams, Drop Brandin Cooks
    • Waiver 5 (Sep 19): Bid $6 for Robby Anderson, Drop Kerryon Johnson

Thoughts? And yes: "You're over thinking this" is a valid thought :-)

Thanks

I upped my bid on Malcolm Brown to $19 and lost to a $32 bid
    I upped my bid on Sander to $18 and lost to a $22 bid

Both bids were the same guy. We have a $200 budget for the whole season.

I ended up bidding $10 on Davis and won that bid. Probably an upgrade from Cooks.
    The Mile Williams bid was nullified because I replaced Cooks with Davis, he's available next week.
    I lost the Robby Anderson bid as well so I still have Kerryon Johnson on my roster (maybe I'll be wrong and he's not dead weight).

Not exactly how I wanted this week to go.

I upped my bid on Malcolm Brown to $19 and lost to a $32 bid
    I upped my bid on Sander to $18 and lost to a $22 bid

Both bids were the same guy. We have a $200 budget for the whole season.

I ended up bidding $10 on Davis and won that bid. Probably an upgrade from Cooks.
    The Mile Williams bid was nullified because I replaced Cooks with Davis, he's available next week.
    I lost the Robby Anderson bid as well so I still have Kerryon Johnson on my roster (maybe I'll be wrong and he's not dead weight).

Not exactly how I wanted this week to go.
    I had Stephon Diggs and Brandon Cooks last year and ended up dropping both. My wide receivers killed me last season as I also had Odell Beckham. I did have good RBS last season; A. Jones, J. Jacobs, Dalvin Cook and Marlon Mack.

After Week 1, I now have three players out and one on IR. It’s going to be a long season.

Wow I wish I had started Montgomery over Hines...sheesh!

Barkley with a likely torn ACL. Rough break.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Barkley with a likely torn ACL. Rough break.
    And guess who had him as his first pick in the draft. If you guessed jv001, you win the prize. I still don't know how I won my game yesterday. P. Mahomes and James Conner carried the load for me. Now looking to the wavier wire tomorrow for a replacement for Barkley.

And guess who had him as his first pick in the draft. If you guessed jv001, you win the prize. I still don't know how I won my game yesterday. P. Mahomes and James Conner carried the load for me. Now looking to the wavier wire tomorrow for a replacement for Barkley.
    I, too, had Barkley. Pretty devastating news for him, minor disappointment for me. Unlike you, I was not able to overcome the injury as my opponent was the week's high scoring team anyway. The key at this point is figuring out a roster replacement and hoping for dumb luck in the playoffs.

I hate heading that Barkley is hurt. Even as a Washington Football Team fan who has to face him twice a year, this sucks. I know it's a small sample size but every interview I've seen with Barkley, I come away impressed and wishing he didn't play for the Giants. I hope he has a full recovery and scores 5 touchdowns in a 38-35 loss to the WFT next year!

I hate heading that Barkley is hurt. Even as a Washington Football Team fan who has to face him twice a year, this sucks. I know it's a small sample size but every interview I've seen with Barkley, I come away impressed and wishing he didn't play for the Giants. I hope he has a full recovery and scores 5 touchdowns in a 38-35 loss to the WFT next year!
    And 5 TDs against the Cowboys in a win.

And 5 TDs against the Cowboys in a win.
    Speaking of 5 TDs, I did not enjoy going up against Josh Allen this week.

Injuries galore over the weekend. Should make for a busy waiver wire this week.

I'm not convinced that Mike Davis is the answer in Carolina or Dion Lewis in New York. Think I'll take a swing at McKinnon even if it's only for a few weeks. Difficulty is figuring out how much to wager.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Injuries galore over the weekend. Should make for a busy waiver wire this week.

I'm not convinced that Mike Davis is the answer in Carolina or Dion Lewis in New York. Think I'll take a swing at McKinnon even if it's only for a few weeks. Difficulty is figuring out how much to wager.
    I'm with you on Lewis for the NYG. I don't know who can run the ball effectively with that offensive line.

So am I crazy to consider starting Robby Anderson over Kenyan Drake (against what looks to be an awful Detroit defense) this week?

He's n

So am I crazy to consider starting Robby Anderson over Kenyan Drake (against what looks to be an awful Detroit defense) this week?
    Not trying or suggesting you start one over the other, but Anderson is going up against a very good Charger secondary. But so far he's developed good chemistry with Bridgewater. The Panthers are without McCaffrey so he might get more targets and he's caught 88% of passes thrown to him this season. As for Drake, he's been so so this season as he's not involved in the passing game so far. He's only caught 4 passes for 14 yards. The one thing he has going for him he's going up against the Lions who Aaron Jones torched last week. He had 168 yards and 1 TD on the ground and had 4 catches for 68 yards and 2 TDs in the air. I always look at the match ups and it looks to me that Drake has the easier opponent but in this crazy year, anything is possible. The only Panther I like is on IR.

Not trying or suggesting you start one over the other, but Anderson is going up against a very good Charger secondary. But so far he's developed good chemistry with Bridgewater. The Panthers are without McCaffrey so he might get more targets and he's caught 88% of passes thrown to him this season. As for Drake, he's been so so this season as he's not involved in the passing game so far. He's only caught 4 passes for 14 yards. The one thing he has going for him he's going up against the Lions who Aaron Jones torched last week. He had 168 yards and 1 TD on the ground and had 4 catches for 68 yards and 2 TDs in the air. I always look at the match ups and it looks to me that Drake has the easier opponent but in this crazy year, anything is possible. The only Panther I like is on IR.
    I didn't know Derwin James, CB for the Chargers is on IR. That secondary may not be as good as I thought it was.

I would say yes. I'm putting Drake into nearly every daily lineup that I can
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking