Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 206
  1. #161
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    My team is lurking at 6-4 (gonna be 6-5 after this week). Hoping that Ekeler's return next week buoys me somewhat, as the loss of Barkley is really an anchor on my team.

    Mike Davis has helped a bunch as a fill-in, but that's going to disappear again soon. James Robinson, Brady, and my WRs have carried me: Hopkins, AJ Brown, Fuller, and Higgins have been studs, and I'm hopeful Antonio Brown becomes useful as his route rate increases (he's run under 40 routes in both of his games to date).

    I was able to pick up Ertz off waivers as he is almost ready to come off IR, so hopefully he gives me a boost down the stretch. If Ekeler can step up and replace Davis when McCaffrey returns, maybe I can get hot in the playoffs. But yeah, rough year.
    I am also hovering just at .500 in all my leagues, but will probably be on the outside looking in for all of them (one is a 12 team, the other two are 10 team but only 4 make the playoffs). I have good teams, but keep making the wrong start/sit calls. One of my worse fantasy seasons in a long time.

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I am also hovering just at .500 in all my leagues, but will probably be on the outside looking in for all of them (one is a 12 team, the other two are 10 team but only 4 make the playoffs). I have good teams, but keep making the wrong start/sit calls. One of my worse fantasy seasons in a long time.
    I'm tied for the lead in my league, and it looks like I'll have 2 wins this week (we play 2 opponents per week instead of just one, to battle the unfairness of having the second-best score in the league but your opponent's score was better). I started Taysom Hill at QB this week, and got the benefit of 2 rushing touchdowns. I got off to a great start in my league, but that was on the strength of Dak Prescott, so I've been streaming and also have used my backup some, who was R.Tannehill.

  3. #163
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Well somehow I won my game by 6 points and I'm now 5-6 with a slight chance of making the playoffs. This is the worst fantasy team I've had and it's a miracle I'm even in the chase. I've lost Barkely, Ekeler, Gaskins and just recently Swift to the IR. Plus, I've made some bonehead waiver deals. I've done some research and found that Ekeler is probably not coming off IR this week and there's a chance the team may not play him again this season. The Chargers are not going to make the playoffs and probably don't want to chance him getting injured again. Gaskins seems to be another week or two from joining the team. My RBs are. A. Jones, Gurley, Swift, Edmonds and Hines. Gurley seems to be a lost cause unless he reaches the end zone. He didn't this week and got me 3 points.

  4. #164
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Well somehow I won my game by 6 points and I'm now 5-6 with a slight chance of making the playoffs. This is the worst fantasy team I've had and it's a miracle I'm even in the chase. I've lost Barkely, Ekeler, Gaskins and just recently Swift to the IR. Plus, I've made some bonehead waiver deals. I've done some research and found that Ekeler is probably not coming off IR this week and there's a chance the team may not play him again this season. The Chargers are not going to make the playoffs and probably don't want to chance him getting injured again. Gaskins seems to be another week or two from joining the team. My RBs are. A. Jones, Gurley, Swift, Edmonds and Hines. Gurley seems to be a lost cause unless he reaches the end zone. He didn't this week and got me 3 points.
    Now I see that Ekeler will come off IR tomorrow so he can begin practicing with the team. However it's unclear if he plays this Sunday. With the game in Buffalo they might wait until next week when the Chargers play at home. Weather this Sunday in Buffalo is 50 and sunny. Weather in LA on December 7th(Pearl Harbor day) is supposed to be 71 and sunny.
    Last edited by jv001; 11-24-2020 at 04:37 PM. Reason: weather for games

  5. #165
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    The ESPN Fantasy folks are really defensive about leaving the TE eligibility on Taysom Hill. I get why they stuck with it and what their reasoning is (even though I strongly disagree and would have been pissed if I played on ESPN and had to go up against Hill), but acting like the people who didn't like it are being ridiculous or unfair by complaining is just stupid.

  6. #166
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    The ESPN Fantasy folks are really defensive about leaving the TE eligibility on Taysom Hill. I get why they stuck with it and what their reasoning is (even though I strongly disagree and would have been pissed if I played on ESPN and had to go up against Hill), but acting like the people who didn't like it are being ridiculous or unfair by complaining is just stupid.
    Now ESPN has declared Hill is QB only. I was blessed to have won against the guy that had 2 QBs in his lineup. I guess the guy jinxed Joe Burrow his regular QB as he had season ending injury and only put up 15 points. Now this week, I'm probably not getting Swift today as he's still under concussion protection. Then I have these questionable players; Gurley, Hopkins(wr), AJ Brown, Kyler Murray and may lose Pitt's Johnson if their game is cancelled(Covid). What a season.

  7. #167
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington DC
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    I'm tied for the lead in my league, and it looks like I'll have 2 wins this week (we play 2 opponents per week instead of just one, to battle the unfairness of having the second-best score in the league but your opponent's score was better). I started Taysom Hill at QB this week, and got the benefit of 2 rushing touchdowns. I got off to a great start in my league, but that was on the strength of Dak Prescott, so I've been streaming and also have used my backup some, who was R.Tannehill.
    This is me this year in one of my leagues - third in points but 9th in the standings at 5-6. Usually these things even out but Iím running out of time.

  8. #168
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NC
    Oof! Gonna take the L this week despite scoring the second-most points. My opponent (the best team in the league this year) had Henry and Tyreek Hill, who combined for over 80 points this week by themselves. Going into Sunday I was far and away the favorite to have high score for the week thanks to big games from Will Fuller and the Washington defense, but alas...

    I'm now going to sit in the last playoff spot with one week to go. But thankfully, several of the bubble teams play each other while I play one of the weaker teams. So hopefully I can hang on and then hope to get hot in the playoffs.

  9. #169
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Going to lose this week because I started the Colts D/ST and they put up -9 points.

    Had a two game lead in the league and now I've dropped two straight. Not great, Bob.

  10. #170
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Albemarle, North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Oof! Gonna take the L this week despite scoring the second-most points. My opponent (the best team in the league this year) had Henry and Tyreek Hill, who combined for over 80 points this week by themselves. Going into Sunday I was far and away the favorite to have high score for the week thanks to big games from Will Fuller and the Washington defense, but alas...

    I'm now going to sit in the last playoff spot with one week to go. But thankfully, several of the bubble teams play each other while I play one of the weaker teams. So hopefully I can hang on and then hope to get hot in the playoffs.
    That's how I felt early going against Henry and Fuller but thankfully I'm the Tyreek owner...
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

  11. #171
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC

    Still alive!

    Somehow, I'm still alive for the playoffs. I must win this week and next week to make it. I have a 43 point lead over my opponent. He has Wilson with a 29 point projection and Mecalf with 12 points projected. I have my kicker, Tucker who is projected for 5 points. In case of a tie, I win with my bench out scoring his by a wide margin. I'm really concerned that the Pitt vs. Baltimore game might get cancelled in which case, I might get zero points from my kicker. I could drop Tucker and pick up the Seattle kicker before tonights game but I don't have many waiver wire picks left. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that the game will be played.

  12. #172
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Big week for me this week...I have 3 must win games to make the playoffs (2 win and I'm in, one I need to win next week as well). Thinking of starting Deebo Samuel over Brandin Cooks, hate having to sit one of them.

  13. #173
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Aaand Crowder sits on my bench with 2 TDs in all three leagues.

  14. #174
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NC
    I am riding those noted predraft darlings Taysom Hill, James Robinson, Wayne Gallman, and Mike Gesicki (sarcasm intended) to a win this week and the last playoff spot. Inching and clawing my way along.

  15. #175
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I am riding those noted predraft darlings Taysom Hill, James Robinson, Wayne Gallman, and Mike Gesicki (sarcasm intended) to a win this week and the last playoff spot. Inching and clawing my way along.
    A win is a win!

    I was confused, all three of my matchups are win or go home this week. 2 of the 3 I'm winning handily, the other is going to be extremely close (I'm up 24, I have Big Ben and Deebo Samuel, she has Josh Allen, Juju, Antonio Gibson, and KC D/ST). I'm really limping along in that league and probably don't deserve a playoff bid...team is super weak but with some guys who can occasionally blow up. My other two teams are stacked, it is crazy that I am just barely sneaking into the playoffs.

    Team 1: Cousins, Hopkins, AJ Brown, Nick Chubb, Chris Carson, Tonyan, Mostert, Lockett, Crowder, DeVante Parker, Drake, Montgomery, Aiyuk, Mark Andrews
    Team 2: Watson, Justin Jefferson, Diggs, Aaron Jones, Chris Carson, Gesicki, Deebo Samuel, Robby Anderson, Drake, Gallman, DeVante Parker, David Johnson, Jonnu Smith

  16. #176
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Well after most of the smoke cleared this weekend, I'm probably out of the playoffs. I made the mistake of starting Herbert over Murray. Herbert only got me 9 points and Murray sat on my bench with 23 points. Last week I did the same thing and the move gave me the win. I just wasn't sure Murray was over that shoulder injury. He didn't play up to his usual standards but those points probably would have put me over the top. My opponent has me by 14 points with Big Ben and Ebron left and I have Mostert and Tucker(K) left. Plus the team I would have ended up tied with is going to beat the #1 team in the league which knocks me out anyway. We continue play even after the regular season ends but nothing to play for. It's recommended the teams that don't make the playoffs don't make any waiver wire moves. So it is what it is.

    Next play!

  17. #177
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    My other two teams are stacked, it is crazy that I am just barely sneaking into the playoffs.

    Team 1: Cousins, Hopkins, AJ Brown, Nick Chubb, Chris Carson, Tonyan, Mostert, Lockett, Crowder, DeVante Parker, Drake, Montgomery, Aiyuk, Mark Andrews
    Team 2: Watson, Justin Jefferson, Diggs, Aaron Jones, Chris Carson, Gesicki, Deebo Samuel, Robby Anderson, Drake, Gallman, DeVante Parker, David Johnson, Jonnu Smith
    My team was decimated by injuries early on: Barkley lost for the year, Ekeler out most of the year, AJ Brown and Deebo Samuel missed several weeks. Surrounding those guys has been Brady, Hopkins (who has been slightly disappointing this year), and Will Fuller (now suspended for the duration). I made a great preseason waiver add of James Robinson, which has saved my season. I also added Mike Davis when McCaffrey got hurt and Wayne Gallman when Freeman got hurt in place of Barkley. The Davis move along with Robinson, Brown, Brady, and Fuller helped me sneak to a 6-2 record, but I then lost 4 in a row due to a bit of bad luck and Davis fading hard. Gallman's addition and the resurgence of Gesicki have helped me to the second highest score the past two weeks (though last week was a loss).

    Gonna roll into the playoffs next week with:
    Brady, James Robinson, Ekeler, Hopkins, AJ Brown, Gesicki/Ertz, and one of Gallman/Melvin Gordon/Deebo as my flex for week 14. I also have the option of sticking with Taysom Hill at QB (high floor, not so high ceiling) in place of Brady (higher ceiling, slightly riskier floor). My week 14 defense will be Washington (vs SF).

    I'll probably add a second defense, either sticking with Minnesota (vs Chicago in week 15) or dropping for SF (vs Dal in week 15) to pair with the Redskins (vs SF week 14 and Carolina week 16) for the playoffs. I know it is poor form to look ahead, but might as well get ahead of the waiver curve on defense. The only other consideration for my waiver spot would be picking up Cam Akers (who I drafted but dropped midseaseon but is finally finding consistent work), but I probably wouldn't play him over any of my top 4 RBs for week 14 anyway.

  18. #178
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Whew! With Josh Allen's 40 point game (6 pt TDs and 3 bonus points at 300 yards) and the 49ers forgetting Deebo Samuel existed I thought I was toast, but after Samuel finally got involved in the last couple drives I'm going to eke out a 3 point win...playoff bound!

  19. #179
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Fantasy playoffs are here (at least in one league)! And now come the big decisions:

    League #1 (have to pick three): Corey Davis, Robby Anderson, Deebo Samuel, Jamison Crowder, Cole Beasley, Keke Coutee

    I'm leaning Davis, Anderson, and Deebo, but Coutee could be a really good play too. Kicking myself for not starting Cam Akers at the flex after picking him up off waivers

    League #2: Wayne Gallman, Robby Anderson, Deebo Samuel, Kenyan Drake, Corey Davis, Jamison Crowder

    I'm leaning Gallman, but feel like any of these guys could have a big game. Hate sitting Davis after the stretch he's had.

  20. #180
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NC
    My team wound up in the next to last playoff spot, but we are pulling the upset this week. Redskinsí D, Ekeler Taysom Hill, Hopkins, AJ Brown, James Robinson, Blankenship, Gesicki, and Gallman got it done.

    Next week I will roll with SF DEF against Dallas. Unfortunately, I am facing the top team in the league. Gonna need some good luck to get through.

Similar Threads

  1. Need some fantasy football help
    By duketaylor in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2018, 03:07 PM
  2. 2017 Fantasy Football Thread
    By elvis14 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 151
    Last Post: 12-25-2017, 11:56 PM
  3. Fantasy Football Q&A
    By DukeBlueNV in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 10:05 AM
  4. DBR Fantasy Football
    By duketaylor in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 09:32 AM
  5. Fantasy Football
    By ehdg in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 11:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •