Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Are there any results from today’s ride? (I’m not on Facebook)

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Are there any results from today’s ride? (I’m not on Facebook)
    Of course Duke won! Total output:
    Duke 27,424kj
    UNC 9,333kj

Hope this is a positive omen for tonight’s game!

Awesome. Great work everyone. I set a new 45 minute PR so I was pretty happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Awesome. Great work everyone. I set a new 45 minute PR so I was pretty happy with that.
    Way to go! My bike seems to be slower than when I first got it 9 months ago, so PRs are hard to come by. Except when I visited my son (to babysit while second child was born)—his peloton bike produces much higher output than mine, so it was a PR for every length ride!

Our Duke/UNC Rivalry Ride is heating up even more! Join us on Saturday, March 6th at 11am ET/8am PT for our final Duke/UNC Rivalry Ride of this academic year! (the same day as the Duke/UNC game in Chapel Hill!)

What makes this ride different is that the UNC General Alumni Association is going to be promoting it to all UNC alums (rather than just the law school) so we are expecting a lot more UNC riders. The scoring will be a little different -- the total output will be scored based on the team that has the lower number of riders -- that number of riders will apply to both sides. The team with the highest total output wins!

UNC's Peloton hashtag will be #UNCTarHeels (our hashtag will remain #ForeverDuke).

Just search for Ally Love's "on-demand" 45-minute HIIT & Hills Ride from 2/24/21 and join the ride right at 11:00am ET so that we can all start around the same time! Go Duke and GTHCGTH!

Join the Duke Peloton Facebook group and RSVP to the ride here! (https://fb.me/e/uxFkl4Pw)

Quote Originally Posted by NickSuperina View Post
    Our Duke/UNC Rivalry Ride is heating up even more! Join us on Saturday, March 6th at 11am ET/8am PT for our final Duke/UNC Rivalry Ride of this academic year! (the same day as the Duke/UNC game in Chapel Hill!)

What makes this ride different is that the UNC General Alumni Association is going to be promoting it to all UNC alums (rather than just the law school) so we are expecting a lot more UNC riders. The scoring will be a little different -- the total output will be scored based on the team that has the lower number of riders -- that number of riders will apply to both sides. The team with the highest total output wins!

UNC's Peloton hashtag will be #UNCTarHeels (our hashtag will remain #ForeverDuke).

Just search for Ally Love's "on-demand" 45-minute HIIT & Hills Ride from 2/24/21 and join the ride right at 11:00am ET so that we can all start around the same time! Go Duke and GTHCGTH!

Join the Duke Peloton Facebook group and RSVP to the ride here! (https://fb.me/e/uxFkl4Pw)
    Bumping this up!

Want to take a ride?!

Any update on the results?

Duke won Saturday's Peloton Rivalry Ride! See:

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...ay-competition

Meanwhile Peloton sobers up and recalls 125,000 units...I guess the lawyers made their point.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Meanwhile Peloton sobers up and recalls 125,000 units...I guess the lawyers made their point.
    To be clear, it's the treadmill, not the bike that's being recalled. I assume ALL treadmills have the same dangers, but haven't researched it enough to see if the Peloton ones have something unique about them. Maybe they do...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    To be clear, it's the treadmill, not the bike that's being recalled. I assume ALL treadmills have the same dangers, but haven't researched it enough to see if the Peloton ones have something unique about them. Maybe they do...
    Peloton treadmills are much higher off the ground, and have the tread exposed at the rear where it returns under the device. Kids and pets that brush up against the rear get pulled under unlike any other treadmill on the market.

It's a real problem.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Peloton treadmills are much higher off the ground, and have the tread exposed at the rear where it returns under the device. Kids and pets that brush up against the rear get pulled under unlike any other treadmill on the market.

It's a real problem.

-jk
    Thanks jk. I admit to not being a treadmill user. I thought all of them have tread exposed at the rear though, no? I could see height being a difference that has an impact. But I also bet that other treadmills have had similar incidences, but likely spread between manufacturers that aren't as high profile and perhaps not at the same rate as Peloton is seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

It's a real problem.

-jk
    exactly...I was looking at my non Peloton treadmill for comparison, it's just a few inches off the ground, only a flounder could get stuck under it...(though like all treadmills, if you aren't paying attention, or properly hooked up, you can definitely shoot off the back of the thing and damage yourself...

exactly...I was looking at my non Peloton treadmill for comparison, it's just a few inches off the ground, only a flounder could get stuck under it...(though like all treadmills, if you aren't paying attention, or properly hooked up, you can definitely shoot off the back of the thing and damage yourself...
    Yea, I looked at my non-Peloton treadmill and there does seem to be enough room under the back of the treadmill (where the belt rotates around) that maybe a very small child or animal could possibly get stuck there. I don't know how much higher the Peloton treadmill is but I did hear the other night on the news that, last year, there were 22,000 injuries in the US on treadmills (I assume most were people falling off the treadmill?). Furthermore, I don't fully understand how Peloton is going to "recall" all of the treadmills that they have sold. They weigh almost 450 pounds - not like you can pack them up and have the local UPS guy come pick them up to ship back to Peloton?

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Yea, I looked at my non-Peloton treadmill and there does seem to be enough room under the back of the treadmill (where the belt rotates around) that maybe a very small child or animal could possibly get stuck there. I don't know how much higher the Peloton treadmill is but I did hear the other night on the news that, last year, there were 22,000 injuries in the US on treadmills (I assume most were people falling off the treadmill?). Furthermore, I don't fully understand how Peloton is going to "recall" all of the treadmills that they have sold. They weigh almost 450 pounds - not like you can pack them up and have the local UPS guy come pick them up to ship back to Peloton?
    yep, this is why they fought the recall for so long. Not an easy fix. Though it doesn't affect ALL their treadmills, "just" 125,000, despite an erroneous CNN headline that says all its treadmills are being recalled...it's still a huge issue. It is very possible to hurt yourself on a treadmill if you don't clip on the automatic stopping clip, or even if you space out and stumble...

yep, this is why they fought the recall for so long. Not an easy fix. Though it doesn't affect ALL their treadmills, "just" 125,000, despite an erroneous CNN headline that says all its treadmills are being recalled...it's still a huge issue. It is very possible to hurt yourself on a treadmill if you don't clip on the automatic stopping clip, or even if you space out and stumble...
    Yea, good luck trying to get those 125,000 treadmills back to Peloton to be "fixed". Maybe I'm missing something here, but why can't the Peloton treadmill owners, who have small children or animals, simply take the "key" out of the treadmill and put it somewhere where the kids can't find it or get at it, so it can't be started? (I believe this is what Peloton first recommended when the controversy arose). I'm not an engineer why can't Peloton design and manufacture some sort of barrier that could be easily attached to the back of the treadmill and would block off where the tread rotates underneath the treadmill?

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Yea, good luck trying to get those 125,000 treadmills back to Peloton to be "fixed". Maybe I'm missing something here, but why can't the Peloton treadmill owners, who have small children or animals, simply take the "key" out of the treadmill and put it somewhere where the kids can't find it or get at it, so it can't be started? (I believe this is what Peloton first recommended when the controversy arose). I'm not an engineer why can't Peloton design and manufacture some sort of barrier that could be easily attached to the back of the treadmill and would block off where the tread rotates underneath the treadmill?
    yeah, that would be easier...saw some owners on TV last night who say they keep the Peloton room locked...very tough to prevent negligence, though. Maybe all kids should wear life vests?