Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 392
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    USC is scheduled to play Washington for the Pac 12 Championship in LA.

    Colorado, which like USC is in the South, is undefeated but since they only played 4 conference games due to Covid and USC played 5 then USC is in the title game.

    Colorado is supposed to play Oregon in a match up of 2nd place teams. The game will be played not at Oregon nor at Colorado but at USC. This way if either USC or Washington can not play, then the team from that division will play in the title game and I guess the other team goes home.

    Of course the games will be played without fans in the stands.

    To be this is just total abuse of the players to make TV money.

    SoCal
    I noticed today for the first time that the Colorado coach (they're in second place in the PAC 12 South) is one Karl Dorrell, who happened to be Joe Alleva's initial choice for Duke football coach the year we hired Cut.
    It's his first college head coaching job since he was canned by UCLA in 2007...(he's had a number of good assistant coach jobs in the NFL since then)

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Northwestern looking good in the BIG10 Championship Game. Wildcats are up 10-3 on Ohio State early in 2nd quarter.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    That probably could have been called a catch and fumble.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Halftime: Northwestern 10, Ohio State 6

    Northwestern intercepts in the end zone to deny Ohio State then takes a knee to end the half.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    One handed interception:

    https://twitter.com/thebenswain/stat...985975296?s=21

    DB looked back for the ball.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Iíd love to see NW maintain this but it feels like everything went perfectly for its defense and OSU will be able to exert its will in the second half.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Feels like they got a little too cute there.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Iíd love to see NW maintain this but it feels like everything went perfectly for its defense and OSU will be able to exert its will in the second half.
    I think they prefer "NU". Or so my brother tells me!

    -jk

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Ohio State takes the lead 13-10. Buckeyes did not throw a single pass on that TD drive. Northwestern needs to respond.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I think they prefer "NU". Or so my brother tells me!

    -jk
    Great effort by NU (my apologies to your brother and the team earned my respect) but it wonít be enough.

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Final: Ohio State 22, Northwestern 10

    Buckeyes offensive line dominated in 2nd half.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Hard to imagine that we pretty much manhandled NW just two years ago; I know the score was only 21-7, but Jones got hurt in the first half, didn't play in the second when we had zero offense, yet our defense just ate them up the entire (scoreless) second half. And that despite Gilbert going out with that ugly dislocated hip injury...

  13. #93
    I wasn't really rooting against Northwestern, but it's still nice to know that one of the CFP semifinal games won't be Bama(or Clemson) 42, NW 3.

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    I wasn't really rooting against Northwestern, but it's still nice to know that one of the CFP semifinal games won't be Bama(or Clemson) 42, NW 3.
    Iím not convinced anyone can do much better against Bama (ok somewhat better but I think Bama is about 14 points better than the rest of the nation...)

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    I wasn't really rooting against Northwestern, but it's still nice to know that one of the CFP semifinal games won't be Bama(or Clemson) 42, NW 3.
    Think Tex A&M would have been in playoff if NW had won (will never know will we?). And the way Clemson looks so far, A&M still has a chance.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Iím not convinced anyone can do much better against Bama (ok somewhat better but I think Bama is about 14 points better than the rest of the nation...)
    Very possible. I'll say though that Bama always looks better than Clemson during the regular season, but then when they meet up in the postseason, Clemson wins or gives them a great game. That's what I lean towards happening again.

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Very possible. I'll say though that Bama always looks better than Clemson during the regular season, but then when they meet up in the postseason, Clemson wins or gives them a great game. That's what I lean towards happening again.
    That has been true lately. Clemson just has not been as dominant this year and no one has even come close to Bama in a better conference. Clemson is healthier now and might be peaking at the right time (now watch ND win and make all of this moot...)

    Edit: I may have short changed Clemsonís season. Other than BC and the loss without Lawrence I guess it has been dominant.

  18. #98
    Brittain Brown has a career-best 212 yard game tonight, putting UCLA in position to clinch a comeback win over Stanford. However, with a 7-point lead and the ball and 1:30 left in the game, a botched handoff leads to a fumble and Stanford scores to send the game into overtime. I'm not staying up to slog through however many overtimes they'll have.

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The 'burbs of Cary
    Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Brittain Brown has a career-best 212 yard game tonight, putting UCLA in position to clinch a comeback win over Stanford. However, with a 7-point lead and the ball and 1:30 left in the game, a botched handoff leads to a fumble and Stanford scores to send the game into overtime. I'm not staying up to slog through however many overtimes they'll have.
    In the 2nd overtime the UCLA QB hands off to Brown on a 2 pt conversion attempt (to tie it) but he came up short, so Stanford w/the win.

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    That SEC Championship game was great fun!

Similar Threads

  1. Other People's NCAA Hoops - 2019-2020
    By sagegrouse in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 385
    Last Post: 03-08-2020, 12:59 PM
  2. Other peopleís college football
    By OldPhiKap in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 300
    Last Post: 12-04-2019, 04:32 PM
  3. I'm Not Going To Jinx It-College Football 2019/20 Edition
    By devildeac in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-18-2019, 10:54 PM
  4. Other people's football -- 2016 college edition
    By OldPhiKap in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 166
    Last Post: 11-13-2016, 01:28 PM
  5. Other People's Football (2015 edition)
    By OldPhiKap in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 354
    Last Post: 12-06-2015, 05:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •