Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    You'd better back-pedal from that.
    We could shift gears with this discussion - do you think one of the teams will get bounce due to 2 positive Covid tests prior to the end of le Tour?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    We could shift gears with this discussion - do you think one of the teams will get bounce due to 2 positive Covid tests prior to the end of le Tour?
    A pun off?!?! May want to draft a few more posters.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I think it should be more of a team effort.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I think it should be more of a team effort.
    Unless I spoke too soon?

This is one punfest where I'd rather be in the breakaway.

These puns are off the chain. Quite the derailers.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    These puns are off the chain. Quite the derailers.
    Lube.

The people in this thread are much more likely to handle bars than puns.

Larry
    DevilHorse

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    The people in this thread are much more likely to handle bars than puns.

Larry
    DevilHorse
    We can’t Alpe ourselves.

Any TdF updates on this thread?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Saturday's time trial was very dramatic. Roglic started yhe day with a 57 second lead over Pogacar and finished the day 59 seconds behind him. It was quite the switch.

I think it showed that Roglic had the stronger team but Pogacar was the stronger rider.

Pogacar won 3 jerseys - yellow, white, and polka dot. I believe it was the first time someone won all 3.

I think his celebration will last all night and continue through jis birthday on Monday.

Sigh

I remember when I used to watch every minute of the TdF. Now I have no idea who you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Sigh

I remember when I used to watch every minute of the TdF. Now I have no idea who you are talking about.
    Lots of new names in the peloton. First winner from Slovenia. Roglic is also Slovenia.

I am looking forward to watching Sepp Kuss (USA) to see how his career progresses. He was impressive in the mountains as he worked for Roglic.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Lots of new names in the peloton. First winner from Slovenia. Roglic is also Slovenia.

I am looking forward to watching Sepp Kuss (USA) to see how his career progresses. He was impressive in the mountains as he worked for Roglic.
    Oh yeah - looking forward to seeing Sepp Kuss for many years to come! The Durango Kid!

Kuss was incredible! I imagine he was top 5 or so on the epic mountain stages! One challenge for him as a future GC contender is that a lot of the other top guys also are young! A terrific tour! Let's hope they weren't doping or, if they were, that at least everyone was doping equally!

Great sportsmanship between the 2 Slovenians! I'm pretty sure Lance would not have been so gracious if he had lost at the end. Of course, Lance would say he would not have lost in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Sigh

Ditto. But in normal years the Tour took place during a relative U.S. sports dead zone not up against the NBA playoffs, the NHL playoffs, the beginning of the NFL and college football seasons, the end of the MLB season, U.S. Open tennis, U.S. Open golf, WNBA playoffs, well you get my drift. I actually forgot about Saturday's time trial until reading about it here.

And it's not like what's left of the News and Observer is giving updates.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Ditto. But in normal years the Tour took place during a relative U.S. sports dead zone not up against the NBA playoffs, the NHL playoffs, the beginning of the NFL and college football seasons, the end of the MLB season, U.S. Open tennis, U.S. Open golf, WNBA playoffs, well you get my drift. I actually forgot about Saturday's time trial until reading about it here.

And it's not like what's left of the News and Observer is giving updates.
    It was very strange to hear Phil Liggett advertise the Kentucky Derby one week, then the next week tell viewers about the Duke-ND football game. It was very surreal.

It was also a bit strange, and nice, to hear many new names in the TdF. Roglic isn't a new name in cycling, but he's not a perennial force (like, say, Froome). Pogacar is clearly a rookie. Bennett holding the green for most of the race from Sagan, who has previously had it locked up early in the race. I look forward to seeing Americans Sepp Kuss and Neilson Powless in future races.

It was quite a different year. Same scenery, same Phil Liggett, same gluing myself to the sofa for three weeks. Different crowds (masked and fewer people), different names making waves, and fewer crashes that shake up the leaders (glad for that!). In September. While the Derby and football happen. And hockey, baseball, tennis, basketball...no wonder why I have no idea where we are in the year.

Despite a third of the entries here being needless pun posts, the TDF was fantastic this year -- a true worldwide sporting spectacle. I admit some nervousness about the two Slovenians but am hoping the focus on drugs has worked. The super high percentage of negative Covid tests worried me too, because if anyone knows how to beat a medical test... Glad to discover some promising new riders, including a couple of Americans. And a new powerhouse team replacing Skye/Ineos (aka the Yankees) was refreshing. I did miss the NCAA Tourney but as for MLB/NBA/NHL -- not so much. NFL should just morph into a video game (fewer injuries) and golf should be relegated behind darts and snooker as far as TV time is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymax View Post
    Despite a third of the entries here being needless pun posts, the TDF was fantastic this year -- a true worldwide sporting spectacle. I admit some nervousness about the two Slovenians but am hoping the focus on drugs has worked. The super high percentage of negative Covid tests worried me too, because if anyone knows how to beat a medical test... Glad to discover some promising new riders, including a couple of Americans. And a new powerhouse team replacing Skye/Ineos (aka the Yankees) was refreshing. I did miss the NCAA Tourney but as for MLB/NBA/NHL -- not so much. NFL should just morph into a video game (fewer injuries) and golf should be relegated behind darts and snooker as far as TV time is concerned.
    For my money, the potential passing of the Peter Sagan era is the story of the Tour.

And yes, the doping issues always give me pause on many fronts.

(not sure puns are needless, but that’s a matter of personal taste I guess. It is certainly a DBR staple for better and worse).

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    For my money, the potential passing of the Peter Sagan era is the story of the Tour.

And yes, the doping issues always give me pause on many fronts.

(not sure puns are needless, but that’s a matter of personal taste I guess. It is certainly a DBR staple for better and worse).
    Is Sagan planning on riding either the Vuelta or Giro? I would like to see him try again - hopefully with stronger legs.

I figure if one is doping, many more are probably doping. I don't like it but it is probably an even playing field.

I felt bad for Lukas Pöstlberger - bee sting on Friday caused him to have to drop out. (Reminded me of Jonathan Vaughters not being allowed to have a cortisone injection to reduce the swelling on a wasp sting so he could see.)