Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    There are several incredible posters, and I mean no disrespect to anyone not named jimsumner. But I’ll stand by my opinion, and respect those who feel otherwise.

To the original point (sorta), I’ve toyed with the idea several times of retiring my OPK character and starting fresh as an anonymous new poster. 2020 may be the time, why not.
    "you must spread sporks around before giving them to newphikap again"
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    "you must spread sporks around before giving them to newphikap again"
    I was thinking of OldPieKap, and betting heavily on random things.

There are several incredible posters, and I mean no disrespect to anyone not named jimsumner. But I’ll stand by my opinion, and respect those who feel otherwise.

To the original point (sorta), I’ve toyed with the idea several times of retiring my OPK character and starting fresh as an anonymous new poster. 2020 may be the time, why not.
    Nooooooo!

We love and respect you!

If you come hot and new to compare Paolo to LeBron, I won't know to respect your weird opinion.

Former aliases: Thespie, TheseRtheDays (big Natalie Merchant fan) and Slappy the Human Fanbelt.

Say it ain't so! 😉

On your settings page, it shows the last 5 posters you sporked and that sporked you. I'm guessing if you want to spork someone again, you have to spork 5 other people first? I'm not sure that is an optimal algorithm. Sporks should be not be like A's at UNC.

Nah, we’d find you out after 2 or 3 posts. There’d be no point to it. Sure, you’d have a new moniker, but to what end? Like Thor, I say thee nay!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Nah, we’d find you out after 2 or 3 posts. There’d be no point to it. Sure, you’d have a new moniker, but to what end? Like Thor, I say thee nay!
    You've made a sea change in your sporks! Props to your maturation as a DBR poster!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    You've made a sea change in your sporks! Props to your maturation as a DBR poster!
    I hope that’s a good thing! 😉 If so, I thank you most sincerely.

I hope that’s a good thing! 😉 If so, I thank you most sincerely.
    Well, I can't spork you, so I think that is evidence of my sincerity.

Well, I can't spork you, so I think that is evidence of my sincerity.
    Good point, and thanks again.

You know, a previous poster suggested the number of possible sporks should not be capped at eleven, and maybe they’re right. But I can only imagine how many sporks you, pfr, im, Jason, OPK, Mike, Bud, Sage, jk, Stray, Crazy, Cameron, Dudog, Jeff, Rich, Bob, Elvis, Trouble, CDu, Scott, Moon, BD, David, Mark, uh no, MCh, jv, rev, throaty, indoor, COYS, Rich, fuse, bundaberg, Wander, grad, Truth et al. would have if there were no cap.

It would be a bit embarrassing for the rest of us who have a comparatively meager number of sporks. Many DBR denizens would probably skip our posts altogether thinking “What does this guy/gal know? He/she only has eight sporks while Mtn. Devil over here has 37.” The current spork system helps give a perception of a more level playing field, even if we all know it really isn’t.

Some Random thoughts:

The old board (remember that) used to retain a number of the responses that each person gave on the board. But if your response was a 'magic' number, coinciding with the number of points in a Duke Player's career (or some other big value) their name would appear next to your number. That was fun.

Perhaps Sporks could be given out with colors in addition to just a plain spork, to indicate the kind of 'value' attributed to the post. Indicating quality, level of agreement, applauding the work, ... perhaps too much on this limited platform.

Thinking of reducing the number of sporks to keep it tractable on a monthly basis based on the Fibonacci like sequence (sort of). For example, If you have 11 sporks, reduce to 7. if you have 7 reduce to 4, 4 to 3, 3 to 2, 2 to 1, leave at 1.

Replace the your well of sporks by adding new sporks based on how many sporks you lose on your own ledger/line, up to a total tally of 11 (cumulative). Do this once a month.

Larry
    DevilHorse

I thought we got Sporkz based on how many time outs we hoarded. But I could be thinking of IC instead.

NO OPK. Just be you.

Hurley!

I have no problem with a maximum. But I'd like to be able to dope out more freely.
    Many of us probably dope out far to frequently, if not more freely.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    Some Random thoughts:

The old board (remember that) used to retain a number of the responses that each person gave on the board. But if your response was a 'magic' number, coinciding with the number of points in a Duke Player's career (or some other big value) their name would appear next to your number. That was fun.

Perhaps Sporks could be given out with colors in addition to just a plain spork, to indicate the kind of 'value' attributed to the post. Indicating quality, level of agreement, applauding the work, ... perhaps too much on this limited platform.

Thinking of reducing the number of sporks to keep it tractable on a monthly basis based on the Fibonacci like sequence (sort of). For example, If you have 11 sporks, reduce to 7. if you have 7 reduce to 4, 4 to 3, 3 to 2, 2 to 1, leave at 1.

Replace the your well of sporks by adding new sporks based on how many sporks you lose on your own ledger/line, up to a total tally of 11 (cumulative). Do this once a month.

Larry
    DevilHorse
    The formula described is much deeper that most of the posters on the board, especially me.

How about "OlyPhiKap" as a tribute to an esteemed former poster? Though you might have to brush up on your history to make that work (no offense, but he set the bar pretty high on that).

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    How about "OlyPhiKap" as a tribute to an esteemed former poster? Though you might have to brush up on your history to make that work (no offense, but he set the bar pretty high on that).
    Yeah, I threw out a lame joke about Woodrow Wilson and boy did he jump me for that.

I’m not worthy, but I LOVE that suggestion!

(“You must spread some Comments around before commenting on CrazyNotCrazie again.”)

You know, a previous poster suggested the number of possible sporks should not be capped at eleven, and maybe they’re right. But I can only imagine how many sporks you, pfr, im, Jason, OPK, Mike, Bud, Sage, jk, Stray, Crazy, Cameron, Dudog, Jeff, Rich, Bob, Elvis, Trouble, CDu, Scott, Moon, BD, David, Mark, uh no, MCh, jv, rev, throaty, indoor, COYS, Rich, fuse, bundaberg, Wander, grad, Truth et al. would have if there were no cap.
    I'm truly honored to be included with this esteemed group of DBR posters...not once, but twice!

My only regret is not coming up with a more creative moniker (such as my favorite, UrinalCake)
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

It would be a bit embarrassing for the rest of us who have a comparatively meager number of sporks. Many DBR denizens would probably skip our posts altogether thinking “What does this guy/gal know? He/she only has eight sporks while Mtn. Devil over here has 37.” The current spork system helps give a perception of a more level playing field, even if we all know it really isn’t.
    Blatant sporks farming, calling out all the most esteemed posters...

J/K