Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

GoT: House of the Dragon - Warning: Spoilers!

I haven't seen the official release date but House of the Dragon is due out this year. Let's hope it takes from seasons 1-5 of GoT...

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/12/ho...ff-1234688212/

Just saw a trailer for thr house of dragons .
    Next month .is anyone watching or has everyone written off GOT and its spinoffs due to the abysmal
    Ending of GOT.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Next month .is anyone watching or has everyone written off GOT and its spinoffs due to the abysmal
    Ending of GOT.
    I'll take it for a spin.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Ending of GOT.
    I will watch. The story centers on the Targaryen civil war known as the Dance of the Dragons, which should be interesting. And Benioff and Weiss (the GOT showrunners who didn’t have a clue on how to handle the series once the source material ran out) are not involved, so it has potential.

I’ll definitely watch with hope in my heart and fire and blood everywhere else.

Premiere this season. I'm getting a little geeked out in anticipation. I was reading an interview w/ GRRM recently in which he said the GoT showrunners essentially stopped consulting him and having him do script reviews after Season 4 --- then I read another interview from the House of Dragons guy that said he wasn't going to make the same mistake.

We shall see.

Fall is Coming

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Premiere this season. I'm getting a little geeked out in anticipation. I was reading an interview w/ GRRM recently in which he said the GoT showrunners essentially stopped consulting him and having him do script reviews after Season 4 --- then I read another interview from the House of Dragons guy that said he wasn't going to make the same mistake.

We shall see.
    Looks like HotD starts this Sunday (8/21/22) at 9am Eastern on HBO.
    No doubt dozens of replays throughout the week.

Larry
    DevilHorse

I'm ready.

Been doing a background rewatch of GoT and just purchased the GRR Martin book this new series is based on.

I'm willing to forgive and forget, regarding the end of GoT.

Saw the trailer 2 days ago and I'm looking forward to it. (and I'm posting so this thread will show up in my user dashboard - my daily starting point)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'm ready.

Been doing a background rewatch of GoT and just purchased the GRR Martin book this new series is based on.

I'm willing to forgive and forget, regarding the end of GoT.
    I may give it a shot .wife does not forget. Lol soon as I mentioned GOT
    She was not happy lol.
    Ironically I was three seasons in before she knew what got was.
    It's Sean bean's fault ill watch any show he's involved in.
    Bandwagon fans what can you do...

I’m a little geeked up for tonight.

Just got to the Red Wedding in my rewatch waker today. I can't imagine watching not knowing it was coming. (Book reader)

Hope it's good but I don't have high expectations. The preview clips make it look like a poor man's version of GOT with more emphasis on dragon fighting than creating great characters. I don't know if that will be the case, but it is the way they are selling it so far.

After watching episode 1, I’m optimistic. Time will tell but for now, I’m in.

Fantastic first episode. Wow.

Agree. Much better than I expected. Here’s hoping they can successfully land the plane this time around.

Some interesting connections or little drops related to GoT, most notably the revelation about the Song of Ice and Fire prophecy.

(I am assuming this thread is fine for discussing actual events in the show and spoiler alerts are not necessary).

I thought it was just fine.

Certainly not the attention grabbing beginning from GoT with immediate White Walkers and beheading of deserters.

I felt like they went a little over the top with the tournament/birthing sequence - we got the metaphor, you don't have to smash it into us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I thought it was just fine.

Certainly not the attention grabbing beginning from GoT with immediate White Walkers and beheading of deserters.

I felt like they went a little over the top with the tournament/birthing sequence - we got the metaphor, you don't have to smash it into us.
    We pretty much lost my wife with the tournament/birthing sequence. Her exact words were 'you can go on without me'. Pretty much what she says when she's done but knows I'll still watch.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    We pretty much lost my wife with the tournament/birthing sequence. Her exact words were 'you can go on without me'. Pretty much what she says when she's done but knows I'll still watch.
    I mean, I understand the point they were making. I get the allusion. But when it goes on longer than an uncomfortable Family Guy sketch with a chicken, you're trying too hard.