Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    I see a correlation that leads me to a regretful conclusion ... Clemson wins in chapel hill to start out the pandemic...NC State beats unc in Raleigh right when vaccines are rolled out...

Roy get your team back on track so that we can get out of the pandemic!!
    I see it a different way. Two highly unusual events occur, signaling the beginning and nearing the end of the pandemic. UNC can continue to suck all it wants (and I hope it wants to in a big way); the die is already cast. Those two events were just harbingers; nothing more.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    i see it a different way. Two highly unusual events occur, signaling the beginning and nearing the end of the pandemic. unc can continue to suck all it wants (and i hope it wants to in a big way); the die is already cast. those two events were just harbingers; nothing more.
    i...am...definitely...with...you...gthc!!!!!!!!

I see a correlation that leads me to a regretful conclusion ... Clemson wins in chapel hill to start out the pandemic...NC State beats unc in Raleigh right when vaccines are rolled out...

Gee, tough choice! UNC sucking or no pandemic! Let me get back to you on that. Have to think about my choice.

As we on the East Coast bring ourselves to the cusp of 2021 (as requested!), I want to say a heartfelt “thank you” to this community for helping me remain informed and, more importantly, keep my sanity through the madness that was 2020.

May all DBR’ers everywhere have a safe and enjoyable NYE.

My deepest gratitude.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    As we on the East Coast bring ourselves to the cusp of 2021 (as requested!), I want to say a heartfelt “thank you” to this community for helping me remain informed and, more importantly, keep my sanity through the madness that was 2020.

May all DBR’ers everywhere have a safe and enjoyable NYE.

My deepest gratitude.
    And to you, your alter egos, and the whole DBR community!

Well, we can move to 2021 very soon!

Wishing everyone a happier, healthier, more reasonable new year.

My favorite tweet of the day-

I still don't know what I'm wearing to the living room New Year's Eve. I may not even go.

Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    I still don't know what I'm wearing to the living room New Year's Eve. I may not even go.
    Respect. I will celebrate and ring in this new year likely from my bed. Awake or not.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    And to you, your alter egos, and the whole DBR community!
    The Department of Redundancy Department tells me that, except for you, the bolded are the same thing . . . . .
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

I guess this thread has run its course.

Someone hit the lights.

We need the 2022 thread.

It doesn't feel like 2021 yet.

We're not really there until I habitually put "2021" when I write my checks.* So, some time in February or March.

*This is no longer a reliable indicator since I currently write only about a dozen checks per year.

Correlation does not equal causation.

If anything UNC sucking it up was meant to give us hope and strength during the dark year of 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Correlation does not equal causation.

If anything UNC sucking it up was meant to give us hope and strength during the dark year of 2020.

Correlation doesn't necessarily mean causation.

Does causation necessarily mean correlation?

Asking for a friend, just 'cause.

Some musings on the first day of 2021.

With all the analyses of 2020 focusing on the bad aspects (and there were certain many), there were some (forced) “petals among the thorns”.

Time with loved ones, shorter commutes to work (i.e., into the next room), reconnecting with many, recognizing the power of technology to overcome obstacles, resiliency - it remains to be seen what will be sticky as we emerge from the tunnel.

Love, joy, happiness, and health to all in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Some musings on the first day of 2021.

With all the analyses of 2020 focusing on the bad aspects (and there were certain many), there were some (forced) “petals among the thorns”.

Time with loved ones, shorter commutes to work (i.e., into the next room), reconnecting with many, recognizing the power of technology to overcome obstacles, resiliency - it remains to be seen what will be sticky as we emerge from the tunnel.

Love, joy, happiness, and health to all in 2021.
    Before 2020 I would meet with fraternity brothers and college classmates at Surfside beach for one weekend per year to visit and retell old stories. With the coming of COVID we couldn't do that so we now have a weekly Zoom meeting. The end result is that we have much more talking and less drinking. Is that a positive?

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    How many got up this morning and just wanted to shower 2020 away...

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    How many got up this morning and just wanted to shower 2020 away...
    Already ahead of you there.
    Frankly I was ready to start a new toothbrush, razor, EVERYTHING, if it would make a difference.