Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Can we just move to 2021 right now?

Unprecedented. If tracks hold, 2 hurricanes will hit the U.S. within a few hours of each other, within a few hundred miles of each other. And they are also the earliest named storms ever, so I hope FEMA has lots of money stockpiled.

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane...ropical-storms

2020 cannot end soon enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Unprecedented. If tracks hold, 2 hurricanes will hit the U.S. within a few hours of each other, within a few hundred miles of each other. And they are also the earliest named storms ever, so I hope FEMA has lots of money stockpiled.

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane...ropical-storms

2020 cannot end soon enough for me.
    I wanna see the 2021 trailer first before I buy my ticket ....
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I wanna see the 2021 trailer first before I buy my ticket ...
    I'm with you!

Word. We're just a Sharknado away from closing up shop and moving to the shelter.

Ditto! I am all for 2021 being the most boring and uneventful year in history.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Unprecedented. If tracks hold, 2 hurricanes will hit the U.S. within a few hours of each other, within a few hundred miles of each other. And they are also the earliest named storms ever....
    How is that possible, given Hurricane Hanna hit Texas about 3 weeks ago?

They’d be the earliest “L” and “M” storms ever. We’ve had a bunch of earliest-ever this season.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I assume dudog84 means that they are the earliest for their respective letters.

I guess it's a good thing the GOP is not holding outdoor events early next week in Jacksonville? Even if these are in the gulf and panhandle, it could impact the entire state I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    The earliest time that the 12th and 13th named storms (L and M) have occurred on the calendar.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

And the next name in line (the "N" storm) is Nana. Seriously? This is what my daughters call my mom. We live right on the coast of NC, so it's a real possibility we'd be telling the 2 year old that Hurricane Nana is coming! I'd expect nothing less in 2020.
    *it's looking like NC will be spared for this week as these 2 look to be on a collision course in the GOM... still fascinating, as I dont think I've seen two cyclones cross paths with one another, and really an unknown as to how they will interact!

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    And the next name in line (the "N" storm) is Nana. Seriously? This is what my daughters call my mom. We live right on the coast of NC, so it's a real possibility we'd be telling the 2 year old that Hurricane Nana is coming! I'd expect nothing less in 2020.
    *it's looking like NC will be spared for this week as these 2 look to be on a collision course in the GOM... still fascinating, as I dont think I've seen two cyclones cross paths with one another, and really an unknown as to how they will interact!
    Nooooooo.

dont-cross-the-streams.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I guess it's a good thing the GOP is not holding outdoor events early next week in Jacksonville? Even if these are in the gulf and panhandle, it could impact the entire state I reckon.
    Depends on how big the storm is and how far the track leads to the Gulf side of the state. Some of the nicest summer days (lower humidity and temp) I've experienced in FL were after a tropical system went through or was nearby but not too close.

The day after Irma went through 3 years ago was very pleasant. Low 80s with low humidity (for FL). I had a giant tree down in my yard, minor damage to house, no power for a few days and the entire region was greatly impacted for a few weeks but boy the weather the day after was pleasant
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    That is a really weird name for a storm (although, I guess if I follow that line of thought much farther it is weird that we give the storms people names at all).

Could this be the year for Hurricane Aardvark? B. B King? C C Rider? D-Day? Eeyore??? (that's as far as I can go...)

Quote Originally Posted by Faustus View Post
    Could this be the year for Hurricane Aardvark? B. B King? C C Rider? D-Day? Eeyore??? (that's as far as I can go...)
    Oh, FFS . . . . . .
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Yep

Agreed. Maybe skip to 2022, but I don’t know if that will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Agreed. Maybe skip to 2022, but I don’t know if that will be better.
    SP22 is the first academic semester I have any remaining hope for. People are still in denial about how bad this is going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    Depends on how big the storm is and how far the track leads to the Gulf side of the state. Some of the nicest summer days (lower humidity and temp) I've experienced in FL were after a tropical system went through or was nearby but not too close.

The day after Irma went through 3 years ago was very pleasant. Low 80s with low humidity (for FL). I had a giant tree down in my yard, minor damage to house, no power for a few days and the entire region was greatly impacted for a few weeks but boy the weather the day after was pleasant
    Right. Often it seems to just pull the humidity right out of the air for a day or two. But have to be pretty lucky for it to pull in some (relatively) cool air also. That's a bit rarer.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    SP22 is the first academic semester I have any remaining hope for. People are still in denial about how bad this is going to get.
    Man, you and my son. He's all in on avoiding most outings other than the grocery store. Hard core fatalist. He's been spot on so far.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Man, you and my son. He's all in on avoiding most outings other than the grocery store. Hard core fatalist. He's been spot on so far.
    Been reading too many of those young adult dystopian books that are all the rage?