Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Buy long stock on Mavs

Moved to Dallas last year, thinking about Mavs season tickets once this pandemic is over. This kid might be the best player in the league for the next decade.

Son and I had tix to see Mavs play against hapless wizards in DC but pandemic beat us out. I'm really sorry we missed it.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Paul quote: “I tried to get by him,” he said. “It was incidental. I know when I did it on purpose, that was in college. That was a long time ago. I checked on Ben, he said he was fine. I know Mike. He's gonna get mad, he's gonna yell and scream."

I can’t remember him admitting the college incidents were on purpose before...very ballsy of him all these years later.
    Ummm, it is more than just in college. Here is a video of Paul also nut punching Kevin Durant and Chris Kamen:
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Ummm, it is more than just in college. Here is a video of Paul also nut punching Kevin Durant and Chris Kamen:
    Are we sure that isn’t Alfonso Ribeiro?

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Celtics need another player to have a shot of getting to the finals - too bad Hayward is out. Still Tatum is rising in the league. Kid likes the big moment.
    The Celtics trio of Tatum (23.4 ppg this season, 27.0 thus far in the playoffs) Kemba Walker (20.4 ppg reg, 24.3 ppg playoffs) and Jaylen Brown (20.3 ppg reg, 21.5 ppg playoffs) may be the best 1-2-3 punch in the league. I actually think the best 5 they can put on the floor is with Smart and not Hayward... though losing Hayward certainly affects their depth a lot.

I'm not saying they are a favorite to reach the finals -- I ain't foolish -- but I think they have a decent shot at it. I am really eager to see Siakam and Tatum match up in the next round, the two best young PFs in the game facing each other (until we see what a healthy Zion is like).

Current odds to make the finals among Eastern Conference teams:

Bucks - 1.87 to 1
    Raptors - 3.7 to 1
    Celtics - 4.5 to 1
    Heat - 10 to 1
    Pacers and Magic - 241 to 1

Out West it is
    Clippers - 2.5 to 1
    Lakers - 2.7 to 1
    Rockets - 6 to 1
    Mavs - 13 to 1
    Jazz - 13 to 1
    Thunder - 61 to 1
    Blazers - 81 to 1
    Nuggets - 121 to 1

-Jason "I think the winner of that Mavs-Clippers series will be favored over Houston... what Luka is doing is absurd. He's a major MVP candidate for the next decade" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

He's a repeat offender. It's baffling to me - he is an amazing talent, and by all accounts a really great guy off the court. He doesn't have to do these things.

I know I'll get hammered for this, but it's like Grayson. Paul is clearly a superior talent to Allen, but still - you don't have to do bush league crap like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    He's a repeat offender. It's baffling to me - he is an amazing talent, and by all accounts a really great guy off the court. He doesn't have to do these things.

I know I'll get hammered for this, but it's like Grayson. Paul is clearly a superior talent to Allen, but still - you don't have to do bush league crap like that.
    Personally, I would prefer being a victim of Grayson’s crap than a victim of Paul’s crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

while it's a bit early to say, it appears that Grayson may have learned his lesson. He's had one incident in the 2 years he's been in the NBA, so it's too early to say he won't do it again. Of course there's at least a couple of incidents that people wanted it to be that Grayson tripped somebody that turned out to be a big ol' nuthin'burger. Paul on the other hand, has incidents stretching over 2 decades. Well, technically, Chris is in his 3rd decade of nut-punching at the highest levels.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Well, technically, Chris is in his 3rd decade of nut-punching at the highest levels.
    Well, technically, Chris is aiming his fist at a lower level.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    while it's a bit early to say, it appears that Grayson may have learned his lesson. He's had one incident in the 2 years he's been in the NBA, so it's too early to say he won't do it again. Of course there's at least a couple of incidents that people wanted it to be that Grayson tripped somebody that turned out to be a big ol' nuthin'burger. Paul on the other hand, has incidents stretching over 2 decades. Well, technically, Chris is in his 3rd decade of nut-punching at the highest levels.
    Chris Paul is also a significantly better basketball player than Grayson Allen. Among other things, accolades and opprobrium follow accordingly.
    Carolina delenda est

Brett Brown out in Philly. They’ve got some things to figure out. I was in the “he deserves more time” camp the last few seasons but it’s time now. Brand made some aggressive moves and I don’t fault him for taking a swing but they didn’t work. Time for a new strategy and a new guy to lead it.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Brett Brown out in Philly. They’ve got some things to figugivibg re out. I was in the “he deserves more time” camp the last few seasons but it’s time now. Brand made some aggressive moves and I don’t fault him for taking a swing but they didn’t work. Time for a new strategy and a new guy to lead it.
    Brand made a huge mistake by signing Al Horton, and perhaps an even bigger one in giving Tobias Harris a $180 million contract.

But I’m glad he did both of those deals as the 76ers are my team’s biggest conference rival.

Oops, I meant Al Horford. I knew something didn’t sound right.

That’s what happens when you’re hurrying because the wife is giving you that look (you know the one) when you are supposed to be joining her for drinks in the hot tub rather than writing a DBR post.

It's just one game but I'm about ready to give the title to the Lakers. They just took Portland to the woodshed.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    It's just one game but I'm about ready to give the title to the Lakers.
    Please don’t say that.

The Celtics trio of Tatum (23.4 ppg this season, 27.0 thus far in the playoffs) Kemba Walker (20.4 ppg reg, 24.3 ppg playoffs) and Jaylen Brown (20.3 ppg reg, 21.5 ppg playoffs) may be the best 1-2-3 punch in the league. I actually think the best 5 they can put on the floor is with Smart and not Hayward... though losing Hayward certainly affects their depth a lot.

I'm not saying they are a favorite to reach the finals -- I ain't foolish -- but I think they have a decent shot at it. I am really eager to see Siakam and Tatum match up in the next round, the two best young PFs in the game facing each other (until we see what a healthy Zion is like).

Current odds to make the finals among Eastern Conference teams:

Bucks - 1.87 to 1
    Raptors - 3.7 to 1
    Celtics - 4.5 to 1
    Heat - 10 to 1
    Pacers and Magic - 241 to 1

Out West it is
    Clippers - 2.5 to 1
    Lakers - 2.7 to 1
    Rockets - 6 to 1
    Mavs - 13 to 1
    Jazz - 13 to 1
    Thunder - 61 to 1
    Blazers - 81 to 1
    Nuggets - 121 to 1

-Jason "I think the winner of that Mavs-Clippers series will be favored over Houston... what Luka is doing is absurd. He's a major MVP candidate for the next decade" Evans
    Yes- I am more concerned about their depth - that can matter a lot in a playoff run.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Brand made a huge mistake by signing Al Horton, and perhaps an even bigger one in giving Tobias Harris a $180 million contract.

But I’m glad he did both of those deals as the 76ers are my team’s biggest conference rival.
    Tobias Harris at $180 million is (to me, anyway) inexplicable.

19. Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    I'm not usually that tuned in to the NBA season until at least 2nd round of the playoffs. I watched bits and pieces of bubble games just because I've mised sports so much. Damien Lillard and Portland have caught my attention, so I'm looking forward to seeing them matchup against Lebron and Co. Dame is moving into Steph Curry range almost at will now... I'm talking 2-3 dribbles past half court, pull-up, nothing but net. CJ McCollum can get red hot at any moment and becomes almost unstoppable as well. This can be an explosive, fun team to watch... as an added bonus, they have a Dukie playing better and better in Gary Trent Jr. I hope they give the Lakers at least a couple of close games, but still expect Lebron to advance.
    Bears repeating -- this Blazers team is completely different with Nurkic on the floor.

We've seen the Blazers without a good big man and it's a team that has explosive scoring talent but can't consistently win because they are too one dimensional.

Lillard is amazing, but he needs Nurkic for the team to excel.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Tobias Harris at $180 million is (to me, anyway) inexplicable.
    It’s explainable, but it was dumb. Butler left, The 76ers wouldn’t match Redick, so Harris was the only option. He asked for the max or else he’d bolt. The 76ers caved. Dumb move? Absolutely. But Harris makes sense.

Horford, on the other hand? Very confusing and arguably a much dumber move. To me, it’s another way the Celtics have screwed over the 76ers in the last 5 years.