Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Tyler Herro is no joke.

Celtics look more cohesive on offense.
    Nice to have Hayward back- he gives an experienced player for depth. If he can give them 10 a game- the Celtics can come back from this hole. Some time to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    They really do! I was actually saying this early in the fourth. They don’t know how to play with the lead or put a game away. It’s absolutely terrible watching them try and choke this.

Taking stupid, long threes early in the shot clock. Driving into double teams and coughing up the ball. They just don’t know how to close out games.
    well, they managed to make their clutch FTs and force Miami into empty possessions at the end. So they finally figured out how to do something right.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Celtics have terrible end of game ball security. They just can't wait to give it away. This could be a choke even more epic than the Gone in 50 seconds game at Maryland...
    I don’t think of that game as a choke by Maryland. To me it was more about Jason being awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Nice to have Hayward back- he gives an experienced player for depth. If he can give them 10 a game- the Celtics can come back from this hole. Some time to rest.
    Yep. 👍🏻

I did not expect Hayward to get any court time in this series. What a welcome surprise! And although the box score doesn’t really show it, he was a big contributor in this game, making several key plays on both sides of the ball. He was moving well, jumping well, his handle was strong, he was mentally alert — he looked pretty darn good.

I know I said if Boston were to go down 2-0 the series would essentially be over. However, I was not expecting them to have a talented, versatile, well-rested player suddenly added to the lineup. Well, here we are. The C’s are back in this thing, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Yep. 👍🏻

I did not expect Hayward to get any court time in this series. What a welcome surprise! And although the box score doesn’t really show it, he was a big contributor in this game, making several key plays on both sides of the ball. He was moving well, jumping well, his handle was strong, he was mentally alert — he looked pretty darn good.

I know I said if Boston were to go down 2-0 the series would essentially be over. However, I was not expecting them to have a talented, versatile, well-rested player suddenly added to the lineup. Well, here we are. The C’s are back in this thing, baby!
    I agree about Hayward's impact on the game, he was a real stat-stuffer although he didn't shoot particularly well. His veteran presence seemed to have a real impact relative to other reserve players. There might be a psychological impact in that, as a team, they have built their identity with Hayward as an important contributor, and without him the identity is different. Perhaps other players were unfamiliar or uncomfortable in their new role without him, and are now able to play to their established role and within their comfort zone.

Have a game with about a minute to go. Jokic just hit a 3 to bring Denver within 1...

The Lakers would be so much better with JJ on their team. This team cannot shoot under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Have a game with about a minute to go. Jokic just hit a 3 to bring Denver within 1...
    Jokic plays like a dad and the opposing players are his kids- there is nothing they can do when he backs them down.

Wow - AD is unbelievable

The Lakers would be so much better with JJ on their team. This team cannot shoot under pressure.
    Anthony Davis just did a pretty damn good impression. Wow, what a final minute of ball!

what a finish!!! back and forth lead changes in the last minute with a buzzer-beater for the win!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Anthony Davis just did a pretty damn good impression. Wow, what a final minute of ball!
    Yep- mighty impressive but everyone else was pretty poor in the 4th quarter.

Yes. AD saved LeBron’s bacon there. I haven’t seen James look so bad in the latter stages of a playoff game in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Yes. AD saved LeBron’s bacon there. I haven’t seen James look so bad in the latter stages of a playoff game in a long time.
    Anyone know what MP2 was doing there, other than giving AD an open look for the win? Anticipating Lebron rolling to the rim?

Agreed.

That shot was why AD came to the Lakers. Especially if they go on to win this series and the championship, that’s high on his legacy reel.

Man...Mason is getting destroyed on social media for his switch on that basically phantom screen. I feel bad for him...echoes of rookie Daniel Ewing coming in cold off the bench and getting roasted by Raja Bell when the Clippers were about to head to their first West Conference Finals.

Meanwhile, I kept wondering why I knew PJ Dozier...he was on the South Carolina team that sent us packing in the 2nd Round back in 2017. He had a heck of a 4th quarter.

Jokic was brilliant, but Davis got the last laugh. Tough 4th Q for Lebron, but his squad prevails. Those missed FTs came back to haunt Denver. How many crazy 3s did the Lakers hit in the 4th? It was their night I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Man...Mason is getting destroyed on social media for his switch on that basically phantom screen. I feel bad for him...
    Post-game guys spending a good five minutes talking about Plumlee’s D. They are sorta killing him but also say he was making sure LeBron didn’t get an easier look. Tough Catch 22 for Mason.
    Last edited by pfrduke; 09-20-2020 at 11:06 PM.

This post didn't age well.

Hard uphill climb for Nuggets now. This win would have upped their confidence.

Having said that, the Nuggets have been fighting uphill all post season. But the Lakers are a different level of opponent.

Jasmine Thomas WNBA

Best game of her career 10 years in WNBA.
    https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id...as-vegas-heels

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    Anyone know what MP2 was doing there, other than giving AD an open look for the win? Anticipating Lebron rolling to the rim?
    I’ve watched the last play 20 times. There is no plausible explanation for what Mason was doing there. None. LeBron wasn’t moving and was completely guarded. Mason wasn’t even screened. He just decided to let him go and get to a point where a pass could be made to him. It’s indefensible. Just a mental lapse that may have cost the Nuggets the series. I’m not convinced they can’t come back because they’ve done it twice already and I don’t think the Lakers are quite as good now as they were in February. But damn that it is a hard one to overcome emotionally. I’d like to see a replay of the shot Caruso missed and see how the Nuggets weren’t able to corral that rebound. That set the final play in motion.