Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Solid game for the Lakers, as I expected with all the rest they’ve had. It all comes down to Game 2. If the Nuggets win we have a legit series, if not it’s over.

2. Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Interesting that you post that like Smart's outburst is a negative. I LOVE it. I love that passion. Sometimes things need to be said...and said loudly. Down 2-0, what's going on isn't working and if there are guys going through the motions or being selfish, whatever maybe it's best to call them out and move forward instead of staying quiet and just losing.

Kyrie is a great player but even those of us that love his game admit that he says a lot of cringe-worthy stuff. I think Smart might not always live up to his last name but down 2-0, guys should be mad.
    It's tongue in cheek about how outcomes disproportionately affect narratives. The Celtics locker room - like most locker rooms - have issues beyond one person.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I turned the game off when LBJ was gifted the and 1 at the end of the first half on an obvious travel. Were the Nuggets even allowed to play defense in the second half?

As for Danny Green. He's done a great job of riding the coattails Tim Duncan, K.Leonard and now LeBron. He's a stand around shooter who's defense is overrated and he's the #1 reason I hope the Lakers lose this series 4-1. He is from UNC, therefore, he seems like a d-bag. I hope he misses every shot he ever takes at any level and that includes just trying to throw crumpled paper in a waste basket. F#$#$# him and every single one of his teammates from UNCheat now and forever. Sorry if this seems too kind to Green and the Cheaters, I softened it up a bit to avoid the wankerizer and try and not be too over the top on this sad sad night.
    If a Lakers win makes you feel this angry, I guess the best thing is that you will only have to feel this way three more times in this series.

Even better

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Interestingly, if the Lakers win it all this year, it will add 2 players to the list of players to have won championships with 3 different teams: LBJ and Danny Green.

Weird.

Danny doesn't both me too much mostly because UNC's presence in the league, particularly among the stars, has really dried up and been replaced by Duke alum so a few role players here and there are fine. Green seems like a professional.
    Quin Cook could win his second championship with different teams, plus he’s making $3,000,000. Good for him.

I’m not big on Danny Green, but at least he’s not the Black Falcon. I just don’t know why Nike is taking so long to launch the Black Falcon line of shoes and apparel. I’m sure there’s demand out there.

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    I’m not big on Danny Green, but at least he’s not the Black Falcon. I just don’t know why Nike is taking so long to launch the Black Falcon line of shoes and apparel. I’m sure there’s demand out there.
    Probably locked up in copyright disputes over this

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/1gtruo/key-and-peele-power-falcons

I think there is a solution

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Probably locked up in copyright disputes over this

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/1gtruo...-power-falcons
    Harrison Barnes could work on his Nike line with Danny Green and that way everybody would be happy.

https://vimeo.com/54164639

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    Quin Cook could win his second championship with different teams, plus he’s making $3,000,000. Good for him.

Gawd, what a stupid nickname.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    So Game 1 played out just as I thought it would. Joker got his points but the easy assists were not there. The height and athleticism of the Lakers front line definitely made a difference. Yes, the fouls absolutely didn’t help Denver’s cause. But I don’t think that made the difference in the game.

Now comes the fun of Denver trying to adjust.
    I'll also acknowledge that the agitating physical defense and off ball jostling that Dwight was doing to Jokic had an impact on the Joker's demeanor and took him out of his game.

Let's hope that Game 1, like many Game 1s, won't be representative of the whole series as I'd like to see it go 5+.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Solid game for the Lakers, as I expected with all the rest they’ve had. It all comes down to Game 2. If the Nuggets win we have a legit series, if not it’s over.
    Don't the Nuggets have to get down 3-1 first?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Don't the Nuggets have to get down 3-1 first?

-jk
    Haha 🤣. Nicely done, jk.

And you might be right. Can you even comprehend the possibility of Denver doing that three series in a row? That would be legendary.

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Barring a setback in pregame warm-ups, there's significant optimism within the Boston Celtics that forward Gordon Hayward will make a return to the lineup for Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals against the Miami Heat on Saturday night, sources told ESPN.

Hayward has missed a month with a right ankle sprain, but has progressed in recent days to the cusp of a return on Saturday with the Celtics trailing the Heat 2-0 in the best-of-seven series.

I guess we’ll see if all that yelling made a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    If a Lakers win makes you feel this angry, I guess the best thing is that you will only have to feel this way three more times in this series.
    I wish it made me angry. I'm more apathetic and that sucks worse. I'd prefer the Nuggets to win because they are the more interesting, positive team to me. As much as I think Lebron is often great off the court, I always find myself rooting against him when he plays no matter which team he plays for (might be the way he cries after every call that doesn't go his way). Note, that doesn't mean that I don't recognize how brilliant he is...he's fantastic.

Plus, the Lakers have Danny Green - see my previous comments about that Cheater

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Plus, the Lakers have Danny Green - see my previous comments about that Cheater
    I meant to ask after your previous post why you were going so easy on the UNC cheat?

I could not agree with you more. I simply refuse to root for a team, even a team with a Dukie riding the bench, that starts a Heel. That it’s Danny Green, who has indeed ridden the coattails of multiple superstars on other teams to championships, makes it that much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I meant to ask after your previous post why you were going so easy on the UNC cheat?

I could not agree with you more. I simply refuse to root for a team, even a team with a Dukie riding the bench, that starts a Heel. That it’s Danny Green, who has indeed ridden the coattails of multiple superstars on other teams to championships, makes it that much worse.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLfg_ZcRocA

Unfortunately, every time someone mentions Danny Green this imagery pops into my head. The obnoxiousness of this ridiculous dance is off the charts.

Tyler Herro is no joke.

Celtics look more cohesive on offense.

Game 2 redux parte dois?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Tyler Herro is no joke.

Celtics look more cohesive on offense.
    They have a good coach. He figured out the best way for the Celtics to attack the Miami zone.

Celtics have terrible end of game ball security. They just can't wait to give it away. This could be a choke even more epic than the Gone in 50 seconds game at Maryland...

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Celtics have terrible end of game ball security. They just can't wait to give it away. This could be a choke even more epic than the Gone in 50 seconds game at Maryland...
    They really do! I was actually saying this early in the fourth. They don’t know how to play with the lead or put a game away. It’s absolutely terrible watching them try and choke this.

Taking stupid, long threes early in the shot clock. Driving into double teams and coughing up the ball. They just don’t know how to close out games.