Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1350
    This is not good. I was hoping to see a game that was a bit more competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    This is not good. I was hoping to see a game that was a bit more competitive.
    Agreed. Thought we were going to get it after Q1, too. Maybe Lakers won’t continue to shoot that successfully over the zone?

I’m worried about Bam’s injury.

Well, that was an utter distaster. Top three guys seemed to sustain meaningful injuries. Dragic probably out for the series, per Heat Twitter. Not sure about Bam. Jimmy will probably tough it out. But dragic is a huge loss. You have to hope Nunn can come in and play like he did for much of the regular season. His minutes were the only encouraging part of game one for the heat.

The Lakers were winning that game regardless of injuries. If they shoot 13-19 from 3 point land to start the game, it renders everything the heat are trying to do meaningless. The heats best chance is to force one of the worst shooting teams in the league to shoot. But if they shoot insanely well, it's game over. I had hope that game one would just be an anomaly, but then the injuries started rolling in, and at that point its hard to remain optimistic.

Just a rough watch tonight.

Yeah that game was a ratings disaster for the NBA, who invested a ton of money into the bubble hoping to recoup some lost revenue. I’m rooting for the Lakers, I like LeBron and feel like he doesn’t get enough credit for what he’s done over his career, but if the rest of the series goes like this then the media will discount this title, claiming the Lakers were never challenged and deserve and asterisk. Hopefully the Heat can rebound and at least make things competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabdul Doobakus View Post
    The Lakers were winning that game regardless of injuries. If they shoot 13-19 from 3 point land to start the game, it renders everything the heat are trying to do meaningless.
    Jim Boeheim nods in approval.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Yeah that game was a ratings disaster for the NBA, who invested a ton of money into the bubble hoping to recoup some lost revenue. I’m rooting for the Lakers, I like LeBron and feel like he doesn’t get enough credit for what he’s done over his career, but if the rest of the series goes like this then the media will discount this title, claiming the Lakers were never challenged and deserve and asterisk. Hopefully the Heat can rebound and at least make things competitive.
    Do you discount the title of Toronto last year? Or the title of the Warriors against Cleveland when Irving and Love were injured? Injuries are part of sports, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Do you discount the title of Toronto last year? Or the title of the Warriors against Cleveland when Irving and Love were injured? Injuries are part of sports, sadly.
    The first Bad Boys title came with Byron Scott out all series and Magic missing most of games 2-4. No asterisk on that one either. This will be seen as legit.

To each his zone.

It's too bad that the finals may not be all that great, because I think the league has displayed a whole lot of compelling basketball in The Bubble. Didn't think it was possible.
    I absolutely love the lack of home court advantage, I think it made many of the series way more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    It's too bad that the finals may not be all that great, because I think the league has displayed a whole lot of compelling basketball in The Bubble. Didn't think it was possible.
    I absolutely love the lack of home court advantage, I think it made many of the series way more interesting.
    And we don't have to see constant crowd shots of annoying Jack Nicholson and random C-list LA celebrities (says the Knicks fan...).

I had the game on but was only partially paying attention. I am hoping for more competitive games but I am not optimistic. The bubble games overall have been great, so it would be sad for it to end with a lousy finals.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    To each his zone.
    Brevity really earning the moniker today...bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by Mabdul Doobakus View Post
    I had hope that game one would just be an anomaly, but then the injuries started rolling in, and at that point its hard to remain optimistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    It's too bad that the finals may not be all that great, because I think the league has displayed a whole lot of compelling basketball in The Bubble.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I am hoping for more competitive games but I am not optimistic. The bubble games overall have been great, so it would be sad for it to end with a lousy finals.
    Folks really reading a lot into LA's 18 point win in Game 1. Great game for LA but the Finals aren't over. Heck, just look at how other series have gone this year:

First Round
    The Magic beat the Bucks by 12 in Game 1. Milwaukee would win the series 4-1.
    The Trailblazers beat the Lakers by 7 in Game 1. LA would win the series 4-1.
    The Rockets beat the Thunder by 15 in Game 1. The series would go 7 games.

Second Round
    The Celtics beat the Raptors by 18 in Game 1. The series would go 7 games.
    The Rockets beat the Lakers by 15 in Game 1. LA would win the series 4-1.
    The Clippers beat the Nuggets by 23 in Game 1. Denver would win after 7 games.

This is without going back to past years. Yes, injuries will be a concern, but why are we so quick to assume that the outcome of Game 1 fortells how the series will go? Anything can still happen, and if the Heat have demonstrated one quality this postseason, its a relentless resiliency. So let's not write this series off yet.

heat lost their mojo, and lakers dominated them...yeah, the heat closed it up a bit at towards the end, but, really...lakers were just bored by then.

game 2 should be interesting...

Most important person on each team?

Miami - Spo

LA - Lebron
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Folks really reading a lot into LA's 18 point win in Game 1. Great game for LA but the Finals aren't over. Heck, just look at how other series have gone this year:

First Round
    The Magic beat the Bucks by 12 in Game 1. Milwaukee would win the series 4-1.
    The Trailblazers beat the Lakers by 7 in Game 1. LA would win the series 4-1.
    The Rockets beat the Thunder by 15 in Game 1. The series would go 7 games.

Second Round
    The Celtics beat the Raptors by 18 in Game 1. The series would go 7 games.
    The Rockets beat the Lakers by 15 in Game 1. LA would win the series 4-1.
    The Clippers beat the Nuggets by 23 in Game 1. Denver would win after 7 games.

This is without going back to past years. Yes, injuries will be a concern, but why are we so quick to assume that the outcome of Game 1 fortells how the series will go? Anything can still happen, and if the Heat have demonstrated one quality this postseason, its a relentless resiliency. So let's not write this series off yet.
    I hear you, but if Bam and Dragic are not able to go, or are severely limited because of injury, "Jimmy and the Scrubs" is not a band that is going to beat the Lakers.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

I’m rooting for the Lakers, I like LeBron and feel like he doesn’t get enough credit for what he’s done over his career.
    You and me both, brother. I have spent many a restless night tossing and turning while agonizing over the one burning thought in my head of “You know who doesn’t get enough credit? LeBron James.” 😉

Herro was roasted on D all night. Lakers went after him whenever they could. I think I saw his +/- for the second half was -30. Not great Bob.

I thought Van Gundy had a good comment last night. While he didn't mention Jordan, he hinted at MJ when he said that most people don't think that Lebron is the best player of all time, but if he manages to win this title with the Lakers, you could argue that he's put together the best career of all time. I think he'd need a few more solid years to make such a claim, including passing Kareem as the NBA All Time leading scorer (which may mean that he has to play 5 more years given the uncertainty of future season length with COVID) but I think that's a good way to give him his due without proclaiming him to be better than MJ or whomever you may think is #1 (Russell, Kareem, Mark Eaton, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    I thought Van Gundy had a good comment last night. While he didn't mention Jordan, he hinted at MJ when he said that most people don't think that Lebron is the best player of all time, but if he manages to win this title with the Lakers, you could argue that he's put together the best career of all time. I think he'd need a few more solid years to make such a claim, including passing Kareem as the NBA All Time leading scorer (which may mean that he has to play 5 more years given the uncertainty of future season length with COVID) but I think that's a good way to give him his due without proclaiming him to be better than MJ or whomever you may think is #1 (Russell, Kareem, Mark Eaton, etc.)
    Running around from team to team constantly looking for greener pastures while leaving your former teams in devastated ruins is not exactly something I look favorably upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Any Mark Eaton reference earns sporks.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I hear you, but if Bam and Dragic are not able to go, or are severely limited because of injury, "Jimmy and the Scrubs" is not a band that is going to beat the Lakers.
    Agreed. This thing will be over in 4 or 5 games if both those guys can't get back on the court quickly.