Thread: Blue Planet!

Thumbs up Blue Planet!

The Blue Planet website is up and running and simply amazing!

It looks super great and I know I'm going to spend way more time than I should on it

http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/default.asp

Kudos to the Duke Basketball Program for making such a great site!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCraziex3 View Post
    The Blue Planet website is up and running and simply amazing!

It looks super great and I know I'm going to spend way more time than I should on it

http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/default.asp

Kudos to the Duke Basketball Program for making such a great site!
    I looked through the site this morning and it is terrific. Truly informative and enjoyable to a history nut like me. Even saw my late father-in-law in the picture of the '41 team!

Kudos

Wow. That's as close as you can get to the Duke experience without sneaking into Schwartz-Butters.

It's simply terrific! I am sending the message to all my friends~~~

Yeah, I can tell that when they fill in all the content, I will be able to spend many hours there. A great procrastination tool, haha. I especially like the videos on the site. Particularly the one about the Cameron Crazies--I like feeling appreciated. :-)

I thought that poster was really cooooooooool !

It has this historic and artistic look about it. I am going to get one on Monday~~~

What do you think about BluePlanet.com?

Loving the site! The team that designed it, I think, really captured who "we" are. Mad props!

My favorite parts are
    A. The videos - easily the coolest stuff on the site. I wish I could download them? I rank them
    1. Blue Planet Hype
    2. the one about us Crazies - obviously, it makes me proud
    3. The Duke Way
    4. the one on reading with the Blue Devils
    ???the other two are way boring
    B. The Crazies section - that is mad loaded with fun stuff!
    C. Cameron Indoor - I love the bit on Crazy Towel Guy
    D. Players Lounge

I'm sure there is more great stuff to come.

What do you guys think? And to the administrators that I know contribute to this site, what kinda stuff can we look forward to?

Duke Blue Planet

I'm happy to see that the basketball program has created dukeblueplanet.com. It will be great to get information directly from the team. However, I do have a few concerns.

First off, the site is too busy. It has a lot going on and doesn't flow smoothly. It seems that whoever designed it needs to tone it down a bit. It's almost as if they tried to put all sorts of bells and whistles into it to make it a fancy site. The effort is appreciated but I think they went over the top. They should throttle it down a bit and stick with the old coaching acronym, "KISS".

The video features are nice but there is way too much flash going on. I find it distracting when all I truly want is to read interviews, perspectives, and team updates (injuries, etc.) from the players and coaches.

I don't mean to bash dukeblueplanet. I understand it is the first go around and very much appreciate the effort. I was hoping that the DBR regulars could give some constructive suggestions to make it a site worth visiting regularly.