Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2020 Football Schedule 2.0

The football schedule is out. Now, we'll see whether the games actually get played.
    Football Schedule.jpg

Football schedule

Lot of tough games ahead. At least we're playing football in December.

"Bye" after two weeks may be more literal than we like.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    "Bye" after two weeks may be more literal than we like.
    Blah blah, can't spork.

All I know is if we beat Notre Dame we have an excellent shot at an undefeated season.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Teton Jack View Post
    Lot of tough games ahead. At least we're playing football in December.
    On paper anyway.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

The schedule says Charlotte at home. The front page story says at Charlotte?

Not that I think the season will make it to October, but if it does, we better hope that testing figures in NC improve in a hurry or the Syracuse game will be impossible due to quarantine rules in NY state.

No word yet, of course, on whether fans will be in attendance (if games are actually played). Wake Forest announced yesterday that only individual game tickets would be sold this season, and season ticket holders will get first chance to pick their games to attend (if allowed). Seems reasonable as a compromise. But I'm doubtful any of us will be going to games this season.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    The football schedule is out. Now, we'll see whether the games actually get played.
    Football Schedule.jpg
    Opener reminds me of Duke football in the early 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Opener reminds me of Duke football in the early 70s.
    You mean Alabama and Southern Cal? Yeah, those were brutal.

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    You mean Alabama and Southern Cal? Yeah, those were brutal.
    Yes those as well as Florida twice and Tennessee.

We were broke I guess and traveled for the $$$. We did win one of the Florida games and a Tennessee game later in the decade.

Yes those as well as Florida twice and Tennessee.

We were broke I guess and traveled for the $$$. We did win one of the Florida games and a Tennessee game later in the decade.
    Yep, I was there Knoxville in person for the Tennessee game in ‘81. Great victory. We ended the game on a long drive to run out the clock, then took a knee or two inside their ten yard line to finish it off instead of scoring. The next morning, the Knoxville newspaper had a story where they said they could handle a defeat by Duke, but found that Duke showing mercy on them was hard to take.

Side note: The Worlds Fair was adjacent to the football stadium, and let out at the same time that night as the football game ended. It took us until about 2:00AM to even get out of the parking lot. Surprisingly, the Vol fans were courteous and congratulated those of us wearing Duke garb.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Yep, I was there Knoxville in person for the Tennessee game in ‘81. Great victory. We ended the game on a long drive to run out the clock, then took a knee or two inside their ten yard line to finish it off instead of scoring. The next morning, the Knoxville newspaper had a story where they said they could handle a defeat by Duke, but found that Duke showing mercy on them was hard to take.

Side note: The Worlds Fair was adjacent to the football stadium, and let out at the same time that night as the football game ended. It took us until about 2:00AM to even get out of the parking lot. Surprisingly, the Vol fans were courteous and congratulated those of us wearing Duke garb.
    I was thinking about the 1976 win, but yes we also beat the Vols in early and late 1980s. I saw 2 of the 3; their fans were pleasant but in disbelief.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Duke gets one vote in the Coaches Poll.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Duke gets one vote in the Coaches Poll.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings
    Spurrier is voting again?

I was thinking about the 1976 win, but yes we also beat the Vols in early and late 1980s. I saw 2 of the 3; their fans were pleasant but in disbelief.
    I think we beat them in either '74 or '75. I remember going to the game. Their coach, Bill Battle, resigned after we beat them. Or is that all a "beer fog"?

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I think we beat them in either '74 or '75. I remember going to the game. Their coach, Bill Battle, resigned after we beat them. Or is that all a "beer fog"?
    Beer fog. It was 1976. It was my first year of law school and my friend and I drove to Knoxville for the game. Bill Battle was the UT coach. Duke won 21-18 and after leaving the field after the game, the team came back out and did a victory lap around the field in front of the 500 or so Duke fans in the stands in the far corner of the then 90,000 seat Neyland stadium. What a great day. Side note - it was the first game calling DUKE Games for Bob Harris.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Not that I think the season will make it to October, but if it does, we better hope that testing figures in NC improve in a hurry or the Syracuse game will be impossible due to quarantine rules in NY state.
    Duke football is way ahead of the curve on this one. Wade attendees have been practicing social distancing for years.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Beer fog. It was 1976. It was my first year of law school and my friend and I drove to Knoxville for the game. Bill Battle was the UT coach. Duke won 21-18 and after leaving the field after the game, the team came back out and did a victory lap around the field in front of the 500 or so Duke fans in the stands in the far corner of the then 90,000 seat Neyland stadium. What a great day. Side note - it was the first game calling DUKE Games for Bob Harris.
    Beer fog? Ozzie?? Never!!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Duke football is way ahead of the curve on this one. Wade attendees have been practicing social distancing for years.
    It was easy social distance at last year's Syracuse game. I had an entire row to myself.