Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    The schedule says Charlotte at home. The front page story says at Charlotte?
    2021 in Charlotte if things are normal by then.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Not that I think the season will make it to October, but if it does, we better hope that testing figures in NC improve in a hurry or the Syracuse game will be impossible due to quarantine rules in NY state.
    Would NY's current travel restrictions allow the Syracuse football team to cross the border to play this game and return again? If Swofford has the authority to flip home-away venues under the ACC's emergency policy, could Syracuse play this game @Duke? Perhaps another venue like the Duke-BC series held @Delaware several years ago due to Boston snow?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    The schedule says Charlotte at home. The front page story says at Charlotte?
    Trust GoDuke's schedule

Latest Vegas odds I could find on whether there will be a season or not are 50-50, no bold prediction there.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Beer fog. It was 1976. It was my first year of law school and my friend and I drove to Knoxville for the game. Bill Battle was the UT coach. Duke won 21-18 and after leaving the field after the game, the team came back out and did a victory lap around the field in front of the 500 or so Duke fans in the stands in the far corner of the then 90,000 seat Neyland stadium. What a great day. Side note - it was the first game calling DUKE Games for Bob Harris.
    Nope, no way. I graduated in May of 1976, so I wasn't an undergrad in the fall of 1976. Besides, I invited a girl to go to the game with me and she did, so I'm thinking the fall of 1974. In September on '75 I started dating my now ex-wife, and it wasn't her.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Nope, no way. I graduated in May of 1976, so I wasn't an undergrad in the fall of 1976. Besides, I invited a girl to go to the game with me and she did, so I'm thinking the fall of 1974. In September on '75 I started dating my now ex-wife, and it wasn't her.
    Duke lost at Tennessee in 1973 and won at Tennessee in 1976. The two did not play in 1974 or 1975.

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Duke.htm
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Duke lost at Tennessee in 1973 and won at Tennessee in 1976. The two did not play in 1974 or 1975.

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Duke.htm
    OK, it was fall of '73 then. That makes sense with my timeline. I think we "almost" won in 1973. Enough beer-fog memories for one day!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Yep, I was there Knoxville in person for the Tennessee game in ‘81. Great victory. We ended the game on a long drive to run out the clock, then took a knee or two inside their ten yard line to finish it off instead of scoring. The next morning, the Knoxville newspaper had a story where they said they could handle a defeat by Duke, but found that Duke showing mercy on them was hard to take.

Side note: The Worlds Fair was adjacent to the football stadium, and let out at the same time that night as the football game ended. It took us until about 2:00AM to even get out of the parking lot. Surprisingly, the Vol fans were courteous and congratulated those of us wearing Duke garb.
    Not to be ‘that guy’, but since this thread has seemingly gone back in time to our collective recollections of previous games (which I guess may be what this season becomes), World’s Fair and the 25-24 victory at Rocky Top were 1982.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie View Post
    Not to be ‘that guy’, but since this thread has seemingly gone back in time to our collective recollections of previous games (which I guess may be what this season becomes), World’s Fair and the 25-24 victory at Rocky Top were 1982.
    I stand corrected. It was indeed 1982. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Duke gets one vote in the Coaches Poll.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings
    For all the pearl clutching about why can’t Duke be more like Stanford, including by me, Stanford rings in at a whopping 2 votes. I know it’s 100% more than Duke but still.