Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Tigers notch another record book highlight losing both 7 inning games of double header.
    That's one kookie stat.
    Other teams should allow Tigs to start every inning on 2nd base. It would shorten playing time even further and still result in a W for the competition.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Tigers notch another record book highlight losing both 7 inning games of double header.
    That's one kookie stat.
    Other teams should allow Tigs to start every inning on 2nd base. It would shorten playing time even further and still result in a W for the competition.
    The Buccos should be allowed to do the same thing. Swept by the Cubbies and hitting less than .200 on the season. Can someone test their bats for the 'Rona??

If you build it they will come... Except when there's an ongoing pandemic.

Just saw on the local news the Field of Dreams game has been cancelled. Unfortunately I think the rest of the season won't be far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    If you build it they will come... Except when there's an ongoing pandemic.

Just saw on the local news the Field of Dreams game has been cancelled. Unfortunately I think the rest of the season won't be far behind.
    Soroka is gone for the year. Let’s end it now and declare division champs.

The bastards got Yadi. Pull the plug on MLB 2020.

How ‘bout them Braves?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Soroka is gone for the year. Let’s end it now and declare division champs.
    Was going to post something about my 7-1 Yankees, but I sure don't want to screw them up now!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Five great wins in a row, but a big injury last night brings you down.

{sigh}. At least we’re hitting well.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    The Buccos should be allowed to do the same thing. Swept by the Cubbies and hitting less than .200 on the season. Can someone test their bats for the 'Rona??
    Slow news day. For some inexplicable reason; the punchless Yucco's are hosting the Twinkies on MLB. Losing of course; that park is gorgeous even when empty. That should be the end of that nonsense. I would love to noodle around the river on a kayak and listen to the game on the radio in case someone one-hops a ball into the river. (Polanco did it today for a short-lived lead)

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Slow news day. For some inexplicable reason; the punchless Yucco's are hosting the Twinkies on MLB. Losing of course; that park is gorgeous even when empty. That should be the end of that nonsense. I would love to noodle around the river on a kayak and listen to the game on the radio in case someone one-hops a ball into the river. (Polanco did it today for a short-lived lead)
    There are a few rooms in the Renaissance Hotel right across the river with outdoor patios where you would have a great view of the game, and I'm guessing rooms there are likely much cheaper than normal now. Get a sandwich at Primanti's and a bucket of Iron City and you're good to go.

Out in the AL West

where very few DBR cowpokes roam, the Oakland A's are on a 6-game win streak. Three of four against the Mariners and a three game sweep of the Rangers. They lead the AL West 9-4 and are 2-½ games ahead of their next foe, the cheatin' Astros--a three game rodeo at home. The crowds though, are very thin. Made of cardboard, doncha know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    where very few DBR cowpokes roam, the Oakland A's are on a 6-game win streak. Three of four against the Mariners and a three game sweep of the Rangers. They lead the AL West 9-4 and are 2-½ games ahead of their next foe, the cheatin' Astros--a three game rodeo at home. The crowds though, are very thin. Made of cardboard, doncha know.
    The crowds seem to be totally invested in the games, glued to their seats one could say.

^^^ Jim that's a groaner!
    But isn't it funny how we're all kind of reporting on our teams from remote locations.
    Thanks to that wanker Wuhancovid
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Today, for the first time in weeks, there are zero MLB games that will be postponed due to Covid-19. The Marlins, Phillies, and Cardinals are all back in action. I wonder how long the league can keep things going.

Meanwhile, the revised MLB schedule to get these cancelled games in is going to be brutal. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...w-mlb-schedule

The Marlins, who had their season suspended for more than a week because of a teamwide outbreak, will finish the season playing 27 games in 23 days, a stretch featuring no days off and four doubleheaders in a 10-day span.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Today, for the first time in weeks, there are zero MLB games that will be postponed due to Covid-19. The Marlins, Phillies, and Cardinals are all back in action. I wonder how long the league can keep things going.

Meanwhile, the revised MLB schedule to get these cancelled games in is going to be brutal. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...w-mlb-schedule
    Spoke too soon!

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ronavirus-test
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    That is fantastic.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    For a second there, I thought it was Rafael Palmeiro.

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    What exactly was the point of the expanded taxi squads? Other than guys who tested positive before the season began, have there been any positive tests that didn't result in cancelled games (not including the Marlins' vote to ignore the rules)? I can understand not wanting to play games with a whole bunch of minor leaguers, but if you can't turn tests around quickly enough to be confident that you can quarantine the positive guys and continue with the rest, I think you have to do wholesale call-ups, or you don't have a season. It seems awfully unlikely this is the last positive test (with this many people, short of a true bubble there's just too many opportunities for infection, even if guys behave themselves and follow protocols), so they have to come up with a better response. I'm really puzzled as to how they didn't have a plan for this. Or how they sort of seemed to have a plan for this - big taxi squads kept at alternate sites - but then have simply ignored that and cancelled lots of games rather than using those guys.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?