Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Any news floating around about whether Zion is going to play tonight? The last I heard is that he participated in a shootaround this morning but his status for tonight's game is undecided.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Any news floating around about whether Zion is going to play tonight? The last I heard is that he participated in a shootaround this morning but his status for tonight's game is undecided.
    Zion is playing and has 5 points. The time outside the bubble wasn't good for his physique or stamina. He committed a charge and put forth a poor defensive effort on a fast break layup by Ingles.

Good last few minutes for the Duke guys. Zion now with 9, Ingram with 12 and Redick with 8.

I’d like to see a lot more of Zion. I thought he was healthy and in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    Zion is playing and has 5 points. The time outside the bubble wasn't good for his physique or stamina. He committed a charge and put forth a poor defensive effort on a fast break layup by Ingles.
    In 9 days you think he got out of shape?

Quote Originally Posted by duke96 View Post
    In 9 days you think he got out of shape?
    He played 6 minutes 35 seconds in the first half. I don''t know what his conditioning was like before he left the bubble but I do know it's far from ideal now. His build was a lot more defined when he entered the bubble compared to how he looks now. So far he has 1 foul and 9 points on 4 of 4 fgs. New Orleans has done quite well with him on the bench largely due to Ingram's dominant offensive performance.

He played 6 minutes 35 seconds in the first half. I don''t know what his conditioning was like before he left the bubble but I do know it's far from ideal now. His build was a lot more defined when he entered the bubble compared to how he looks now. So far he has 1 foul and 9 points on 4 of 4 fgs. New Orleans has done quite well with him on the bench largely due to Ingram's dominant offensive performance.
    I mean maybe if he ate Taco Bell all day and didn’t work out at all but I doubt it. Especially since he showed good discipline in getting in shape during the break.

He is looking a step slow late in the game. It's I believe his 20th NBA game, but he has work to do.

JJ looks like a stud, and Ingram looks like he's finally learning how to use his length.

Looked like Zion was limping a bit before he went out?

Ingram was not good down the stretch. I would have had Redick take that final shot.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Ingram was not good down the stretch. I would have had Redick take that final shot.
    Easier said than done. A major part of the defensive strategy for that last segment was not to let JJ get a shot.

Ball was halfway down and then rattled out. Basketball can be cruel sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post

Ball was halfway down and then rattled out. Basketball can be cruel sometimes.
    Right. I'm not disappointed in Brandon for that shot at all. It was actually a good look and it was halfway down and popped out.

It isn't halftime yet but this game is about done; if the NBA wants to see Zion in the playoffs, something needs to change in a hurry. The Pelicans have all but given up before the midpoint. Watching an opponent hit 16 three pointers must be demoralizing but watching teammates put forth a partial effort has to be pretty demoralizing as well.

It isn't halftime yet but this game is about done; if the NBA wants to see Zion in the playoffs, something needs to change in a hurry. The Pelicans have all but given up before the midpoint.
    This game is over.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    This game is over.
    I completely agree. If the Pelicans are genuinely attempting to get Zion back into gameshape via these contests, we should see him some in the 2nd half. I am interested to see if that happens.

It isn't halftime yet but this game is about done; if the NBA wants to see Zion in the playoffs, something needs to change in a hurry. The Pelicans have all but given up before the midpoint. Watching an opponent hit 16 three pointers must be demoralizing but watching teammates put forth a partial effort has to be pretty demoralizing as well.
    Is the Pelicans game on tv tonight?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Is the Pelicans game on tv tonight?
    Was on. Got murdered by Kawhi and George.

Gentry isn’t a good coach. Period.

Can I say it?

It’s Over... for Duke South. (hoping for reverse mojo)

In all seriousness, Gentry isn’t very good, but the team came out flat across the board. Just zero energy. On top of that, Zion is out of shape. Not his fault but the Pelicans couldn’t afford that if they wanted to get into the playoffs.

This team needs some retooling. Both on the court and in the coach’s chair.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Was on. Got murdered by Kawhi and George.

Gentry isn’t a good coach. Period.
    A 23-point loss, and it wasn't nearly that close.

Not much good to say about the Pelicans from watching that, and that includes Zion. Ugh.

If the Pelicans can’t use Zion, can we have him back?