Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duke96 View Post
    Not sure what thread this should go in, but the story linked on the front page about Nike taking Zion's brother's doodle to create a shoe is so cool. And its a great looking shoe!
    It is a great shoe. I was going to lament the fact I could never buy it because it's got the Jumpman on it, but then I saw the price and realized that the brand isn't the only reason I'll never buy it.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    It is a great shoe. I was going to lament the fact I could never buy it because it's got the Jumpman on it, but then I saw the price and realized that the brand isn't the only reason I'll never buy it.
    I'll sell you a pair of plain white sneakers and a color Sharpie pack for $50.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    The color scheme and graffiti pattern scream 90's fashion abomination... that said, a pair of these would probably be a pretty good investment as a collector's item.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    The color scheme and graffiti pattern scream 90's fashion abomination... that said, a pair of these would probably be a pretty good investment as a collector's item.
    Because nobody will wear them?

Fingers crossed that we get to see Zion on Thursday. Of course his long-term health is of upmost importance, but I'm hoping he's in good enough shape to play against the Jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Fingers crossed that we get to see Zion on Thursday. Of course his long-term health is of upmost importance, but I'm hoping he's in good enough shape to play against the Jazz.
    Zion himself did not have covid, nor did he have any sort of medical issue that we are aware of. I would assume he's fully healthy to play, he just has to clear all of the necessary protocols for anyone reentering the bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Zion himself did not have covid, nor did he have any sort of medical issue that we are aware of. I would assume he's fully healthy to play, he just has to clear all of the necessary protocols for anyone reentering the bubble.
    I know that. I was only referring to Zion being ready for an actual game after being away from the team and not having the benefit of any of the 3 “preseason” games.

So glad he's back! Can't wait to see him back in action.

saw on espn, he is a game time decision tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by plimnko View Post
    saw on espn, he is a game time decision tomorrow
    Hah! Coach's trick.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Hah! Coach's trick.
    Indeed. Zion will play tomorrow.

Indeed. Zion will play tomorrow.
    Let's be honest, part of the reason they set up this restart like they did is so that the masses can see more Zion. The NBA is hoping and praying they work their way into a playoff spot.

He was never not playing tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Because nobody will wear them?
    No one will ever wear them, buy them, accept them as a gift, or be caught dead in them... in 20 years, these shoes will be albino alligator rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Let's be honest, part of the reason they set up this restart like they did is so that the masses can see more Zion. The NBA is hoping and praying they work their way into a playoff spot.

He was never not playing tomorrow.
    They prayed with the left hand while writing the Pelicans the easiest schedule amongst bubble teams with the right hand. Only 2 of their 8 games are against teams that currently sit above the 8th seed. If the Pelicans finish the season with an overall winning percentage that is top 9 in the West or better, and they are within 4 games of the 8th seed, they will force a one or two game play-in scenario for the playoffs.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...seed-in-sight/

Happy Zion Second Debut Day!

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    They prayed with the left hand while writing the Pelicans the easiest schedule amongst bubble teams with the right hand. Only 2 of their 8 games are against teams that currently sit above the 8th seed. If the Pelicans finish the season with an overall winning percentage that is top 9 in the West or better, and they are within 4 games of the 8th seed, they will force a one or two game play-in scenario for the playoffs.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...seed-in-sight/

Giving the Pelicans an easy schedule in the bubble reflected that they would have had the easiest schedule down the stretch outside the bubble. The fact that the Pelicans schedule was so front-loaded was a reasonable argument for not just taking the top eight teams at the time the season was put on hiatus. The winning percentage of their opponents in the bubble is actually higher than the winning percentage of their remaining opponents in the remainder of the original season.

I completely agree that the format was motivated, at least in part, by giving the Pelicans and Zion a chance to make the playoffs, but I don't agree that the schedule itself was manipulated.

Travis
    Last edited by Travis; 07-30-2020 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    Giving the Pelicans an easy schedule in the bubble reflected that they would have had the easiest schedule down the stretch outside the bubble. The fact that the Pelicans schedule was so front-loaded was a reasonable argument for not just taking the top eight teams at the time the season was put on hiatus. The winning percentage of their opponents in the bubble is actually higher than the winning percentage of their remaining opponents in the remainder of the original season.

I completely agree that the format was motivated, at least in part, by giving the Pelicans and Zion a chance to make the playoffs, but I don't agree that the schedule itself was manipulated.

Travis
    Bingo, Travis. The Pelicans end of year schedule was already going to be easier (their schedule had been front-loaded) so there’s nothing sinister in them getting the “easier” schedule for this restart. That’s only fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post

Travis
    Bingo, Travis. The Pelicans end of year schedule was already going to be easier (their schedule had been front-loaded) so there’s nothing sinister in them getting the “easier” schedule for this restart. That’s only fair.
    You two obviously aren't Carolina fans - your responses are way to logical. The easy schedule is really because of Duke - we get all the breaks and all the calls.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    You two obviously aren't Carolina fans
    To that charge I gladly, and loudly, proclaim my guilt.