Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Can I say it?

It’s Over... for Duke South. (hoping for reverse mojo)

In all seriousness, Gentry isn’t very good, but the team came out flat across the board. Just zero energy. On top of that, Zion is out of shape. Not his fault but the Pelicans couldn’t afford that if they wanted to get into the playoffs.

This team needs some retooling. Both on the court and in the coach’s chair.
    How do you know he is out of shape? Did he or his coaches say as much? I’m not offering an opinion, just wondering.

And if he is out of shape, why would that be the case? Just a few weeks ago I was hearing that he was in great shape. What’s the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    How do you know he is out of shape? Did he or his coaches say as much? I’m not offering an opinion, just wondering.

And if he is out of shape, why would that be the case? Just a few weeks ago I was hearing that he was in great shape. What’s the deal?
    I know first off because I have two good eyes. He was huffing and puffing literally a minute into the game. I also know because David Griffin admitted as much in a sideline report.

As much as I want to agree, he looks heavy. And he looks tired. And his legs looks shot.

I want to be wrong, but he ain't our Zion right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I know first off because I have two good eyes. He was huffing and puffing literally a minute into the game. I also know because David Griffin admitted as much in a sideline report.
    Okay, thanks. I was not able to watch either of his recent games, so I don’t have an opinion.

I’m just confused, though, how just a few weeks ago it was being said that Zion was in “incredible shape”, and yet now he’s already out of shape? Why these extremes in such a short period of time?

I know you don’t have the answer; I’m just thinking out loud.

Okay, thanks. I was not able to watch either of his recent games, so I don’t have an opinion.

I’m just confused, though, how just a few weeks ago it was being said that Zion was in “incredible shape”, and yet now he’s already out of shape? Why these extremes in such a short period of time?

I know you don’t have the answer; I’m just thinking out loud.
    Honestly, I think Zion is the type that needs several weeks of five on five basketball to get into Zion basketball shape. He hasn’t had that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    As much as I want to agree, he looks heavy. And he looks tired. And his legs looks shot.

I want to be wrong, but he ain't our Zion right now.
    I’m starting to think his family emergency — whatever it was or still is — has been weighing on him emotionally and is now affecting him physically.

I’m starting to think his family emergency — whatever it was or still is — has been weighing on him emotionally and is now affecting him physically.
    He didn’t look very happy out there. But then neither did his teammates.

I agree with the others about Zion. He doesn't look good. It's not just that he's winded either. Their stated plan was to play him in short bursts and let him play all out while he's on the floor. If what we saw the first two games is all out, something's wrong.

Note, I'm not criticizing or trying to be harsh towards Zion. I'm just shocked, he doesn't look like the kid that dominated from day 1 for the Blue Devils. What ever is going on, I hope he works through it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I agree with the others about Zion. He doesn't look good. It's not just that he's winded either. Their stated plan was to play him in short bursts and let him play all out while he's on the floor. If what we saw the first two games is all out, something's wrong.

Note, I'm not criticizing or trying to be harsh towards Zion. I'm just shocked, he doesn't look like the kid that dominated from day 1 for the Blue Devils. What ever is going on, I hope he works through it soon.
    Yeah, agreed; just my .02 on this and I love Zion.

In a way, it sucks that a 20-year old young man is under a constant microscope and expected to be a superstar and face of the league before playing even half a season. But he was the #1 draft choice, has unbelievable talent, and is a joyful, charismatic guy. Unfortunately, he made a mess with his initial choice of agents, and now he faces questions about his conditioning. Going from a great appearance to huffing and puffing after a few minutes on the court, and this within 2 weeks is not a good look. His body type is such that conditioning and weight control is paramount, both in the short run and for having a long playing career.

I wish him the best and hope that he works through problem situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    He didn’t look very happy out there. But then neither did his teammates.
    If you look happy down forty, something isn't right.

They got whipped.

but, they bounced back and closed it out against Memphis...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese