Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Zion leaves the bubble for family medical situation

Hope all works out ok

www.nypost.com/2020/07/16/zion-williamson-suddenly-leaves-nba-bubble-for-family-emergency
    Last edited by duke96; 07-16-2020 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Fix link

Prayers for the Williamson family!

No further details available yet...

Pelicans giving space to Zion Williamson while away from the team
    https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/2...from-the-team/

J.J. Redick, Williamson’s teammate on the Pelicans, said Thursday on his podcast that he felt awful for him as Williamson appeared to be in a good place prior to leaving the team.

"I reached out to Zion and I told him we’re going to do our best to hold it down for him until he gets back, whenever that is. As a teammate, he is a family member so we’ll do our best to keep this thing rolling. Whatever is going on, we want the best for him. I feel awful for him because so much of this season has been a rollercoaster for him and it seemed like he was in such a good place so, hopefully, we get him back soon."

Of course, his undisclosed family medical matter takes precedence over playing basketball and the Pelicans have seemingly given Williamson the space needed during this time.

The Pelicans will play their first scrimmage game on Wednesday vs. the Brooklyn Nets.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    No further details available yet...

Pelicans giving space to Zion Williamson while away from the team
    https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/2...from-the-team/
    I absolutely respect Zion's right to privacy. The mere fact that we haven't heard a peep about the reason suggests others are respectful of that too. Nice surprise. Let's Zion disclose on his own timetable if he wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I absolutely respect Zion's right to privacy. The mere fact that we haven't heard a peep about the reason suggests others are respectful of that too. Nice surprise. Let's Zion disclose on his own timetable if he wishes.
    Agree completely. Frankly, surprising and somewhat encouraging in this day and age that he could receive such privacy. Hope it keeps up for as long as he and his family want it to.

I just hope that eventually he can get beyond the various distractions surrounding him so he can concentrate on developing his immense talent...

Saw that the Pelicans signed Sindarius Thornwell (yep, the Duke killer). I hope that is not a sign that Zion isn't coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I just hope that eventually he can get beyond the various distractions surrounding him so he can concentrate on developing his immense talent...
    I agree; but if it's a health-related family issue, it's hard to avoid those types of "distractions". I hope he and his family are able to resolve this soon with a positive outcome; and make it back to Orlando. If not, Zion will have the entire summer to workout and continue honing his body and skills in prep for next season.

No timetable for Zion Williamson's return to Pelicans
    https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/...v1idrnjlgtzub6

"[Williamson] has been getting tested daily for COVID-19 while away from the team and continues to produce negative results," the Pelicans said in a statement. "While there is no current timetable for his return to campus, he fully intends to rejoin the team."

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    No timetable for Zion Williamson's return to Pelicans
    https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/...v1idrnjlgtzub6
    I am trying to recall... how long does he have to stay in the bubble before he can play in games? I think it is 7 or 8 days. If so, he only has a couple days left before he starts missing games.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I am trying to recall... how long does he have to stay in the bubble before he can play in games? I think it is 7 or 8 days. If so, he only has a couple days left before he starts missing games.
    It has sounded to me like he was going to miss some time all along, so that wouldn't be surprising.

I copied this from a July 17th article on cbssports.com

Anyone entering the Orlando "bubble" is required to quarantine for up to 48 hours until they register two negative COVID-19 tests. Any players who leave the bubble environment would undergo quarantine of up to 10 days upon their return to Disney, and will need to register two negative tests as well as an antibody test before returning to play.

I remember reading somewhere it would take 4 days if or when Zion returns, but don't quote me.

From WRAL SportsFan site:
    ZION UPDATEZion Williamson could still make re-opening night of the NBA season.
    The Pelicans said Wednesday that Williamson, who left the NBA bubble last week for a family matter, is being tested daily for the coronavirus and continues showing negative results. If that continues, Williamson may have to quarantine for only four days when he returns to the team.
    And if that return comes in the next few days, that means he could still have a shot of playing when New Orleans faces Utah on July 30 in the first of the 88 seeding games at Disney.
    “While there is no current timetable for his return to campus, he fully intends to rejoin the team,” the Pelicans said in a statement. “Per NBA protocol, his quarantine period will be determined upon his return.”
    The minimum quarantine Williamson would have to serve for leaving, even though he was officially excused, is the four-day option.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    From WRAL SportsFan site:

The minimum quarantine Williamson would have to serve for leaving, even though he was officially excused, is the four-day option.
    What is this... the 4-day is an "option"? What would be the other "options"...

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    What is this... the 4-day is an "option"? What would be the other "options"...
    My understanding is that the four day scenario is only on the table if Zion tests negative each day he is gone.

My understanding is that the four day scenario is only on the table if Zion tests negative each day he is gone.
    Thanks... I obviously don’t know the details of the rules

Right, and so far he has. Fingers crossed.

Not sure what thread this should go in, but the story linked on the front page about Nike taking Zion's brother's doodle to create a shoe is so cool. And its a great looking shoe!

Zion Returns

Reports out now that Zion has returned to the bubble today (7/24).

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...bubble-friday/

Happy to see he should be back for real games. Happier that the populous has given him privacy for his family issues.