Page 82 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1967
    After shooting a garbage 2-18 in the first game back, Tatum has 21 points...in the first half. Gary Trent - amongst other Blazers - couldn’t do a thing. Trent does have 9 points.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    After shooting a garbage 2-18 in the first game back, Tatum has 21 points...in the first half. Gary Trent - amongst other Blazers - couldn’t do a thing. Trent does have 9 points.
    And if the Celtics continue to play well today they help the Pelicans. But way too much time left to celebrate yet. I got a bad feeling Portland is going to make a run.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    And if the Celtics continue to play well today they help the Pelicans. But way too much time left to celebrate yet. I got a bad feeling Portland is going to make a run.
    When I started to compose this post the Blazers were down 18 points. It is now a one point game. Hoping Boston can hold them off just for the benefit of NO.

But regardless of the final, I’m going to Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    When I started to compose this post the Blazers were down 18 points. It is now a one point game. Hoping Boston can hold them off just for the benefit of NO.

But regardless of the final, I’m going to Vegas.
    Gary Trent Jr.( 7 3 pointers) played a big role in this comeback... The Blazers took the lead at one point but are now down by 6 with 31.8 seconds left.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    Gary Trent Jr.( 7 3 pointers) played a big role in this comeback... The Blazers took the lead at one point but are now down by 6 with 31.8 seconds left.
    Whew! Too close for comfort, but as you say Gary was a big part of the comeback so it’s all good.

Grayson Allen had 15 points off the bench for Memphis is a two-point loss to the Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Grayson Allen had 15 points off the bench for Memphis is a two-point loss to the Spurs.
    Jim apologies for off-topic post. I'm sure you don't look at Ymm Beer thread, but I was asking curiously what you thought about who was a more dominant player during UCLA glory years? Bill Walton or Lew Alcindor / Kareem? That was before my time but would love to hear your take.

Our Harry (Giles) had 23 points in 20 mins tonight and was the highest scoring Sacramento player vs Magic.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Our Harry (Giles) had 23 points in 20 mins tonight and was the highest scoring Sacramento player vs Magic.
    Makes me so happy seeing Giles succeed. He still has a lot of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Jim apologies for off-topic post. I'm sure you don't look at Ymm Beer thread, but I was asking curiously what you thought about who was a more dominant player during UCLA glory years? Bill Walton or Lew Alcindor / Kareem? That was before my time but would love to hear your take.
    When I was 16 or so I formed the opinion that Alcindor/Jabbar was the greatest college basketball player I had ever seen and nothing in the ensuing half-century plus has changed that opinion. The discussion begins at second place. IMO.

And correct about the beer thread. Not an area of interest. But shouldn't people be discussing Bill Walton on the pot thread?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilStop View Post
    Makes me so happy seeing Giles succeed. He still has a lot of potential.
    Harry is still stuck in that super inconsistent phase of his young career, and apparently his production (like most players) is going to be determined largely by the matchup. Ie., he hasn't reached that level where his talent and skill have merged to the point where he can get his regardless. I certainly hope he can get to that point. I hope he can take advantage of this stretch of games w/o Big Marv. It's hard to say what his ceiling is since he hasn't been on the court enough in the last few years, but if his skill ever catches up to his talent he could be a starter somewhere, heck Lance Thomas carved out a career as a sometimes starter in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Grayson is also in that super inconsistent zone. He seems to have improved a lot since his rookie year, and i'm pulling for him to put it all together. For GA i'd expect that his ceiling is as an instant offense sub, or perhaps as a JR Smith type offensive sometimes starting role player for a bad team.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    Gary's 3pt shooting has really improved a lot in his 2nd season. 41% is solid regardless of role, but if he can hone other skills to go along with that type of 3pt shooting, he could find himself in the starting lineup somewhere.
    Last edited by DukieInBrasil; 08-03-2020 at 04:18 PM.

JJ is guarding Grayson right now on ESPN.

Pels looking a wee bit better tonight (it is still early). Big game versus Memphis, though the key for the Pels is to get into the #9 spot.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Zion with 11 in 10 minutes. And Grayson with 17(!) in the first half.
    Last edited by robed deity; 08-03-2020 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    JJ is guarding Grayson right now on ESPN.
    If you are not watching the Mem-NO game then what kind of Duke fan are you?!?!

Grayson is putting on a show, 17 points on 5-6 threes in the first half. He is single-handedly keeping Memphis in the game as the Dukies on New Orleans are trying to win it all by themselves. Ingram (12), Zion (11 in 10 minutes), and JJ (8) are the team leaders for the Pels. New Orleans leads by 7 at the half.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    If you are not watching the Mem-NO game then what kind of Duke fan are you?!?!

Grayson is putting on a show, 17 points on 5-6 threes in the first half. He is single-handedly keeping Memphis in the game as the Dukies on New Orleans are trying to win it all by themselves. Ingram (12), Zion (11 in 10 minutes), and JJ (8) are the team leaders for the Pels. New Orleans leads by 7 at the half.
    On ESPN. Tyus Jones cheering Memphis on from the sidelines. Hope to see him back in action soon.

Great game to watch as a Duke fan. And I'm sure it's happened, but it's gotta be a "count on one hand" situation the times JJ has missed both free throws like he did in the 4th.

Not his prettiest game but 23 points in 25 mins for Zion tonight in the big win vs the Grizzlies. And they even let him back in at the end of the 4th quarter for crunch time, which was great to see.

Still looked easily winded though ... and got worked a few times on defense. Add me to the list of folks baffled by his conditioning challenges after he was reported to be in such excellent shape entering the bubble. I dont really get it. He had plenty of high 30's and 40 minute games at Duke. So is he still not in the same condition as he was then? Plenty of folks (like Melo) came to the bubble in great shape...

Nice win for the Pelicans

Much better performance by the Pelicans in their win vs the Grizzlies. For a while, they seemed uncomfortable with the lead, with turnovers and sloppy play after a good stretch. But a strong finish down the stretch with Ingram and Zion being key contributors.

Not only did Zion score 23 points in 25 minutes, but he produced 7 rebounds, 5 assists, and key plays in the 4th quarter. Good to see.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401224728

**just a note, but Doris Burke IMO is the best at what she does -- constantly informative and entertaining. Loved her little illustration of how Zion knocks players back when he drives.

Quote Originally Posted by duke96 View Post
    Not his prettiest game but 23 points in 25 mins for Zion tonight in the big win vs the Grizzlies. And they even let him back in at the end of the 4th quarter for crunch time, which was great to see.

Still looked easily winded though ... and got worked a few times on defense. Add me to the list of folks baffled by his conditioning challenges after he was reported to be in such excellent shape entering the bubble. I dont really get it. He had plenty of high 30's and 40 minute games at Duke. So is he still not in the same condition as he was then? Plenty of folks (like Melo) came to the bubble in great shape...
    Well, 15 mins. the first two games -- now 25. Methinks I see a pattern developing.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013