Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't necessarily remember individual episodes, but I enjoyed the show.
    I also remember very clearly walking into a drugstore in 'downtown' Provo, Utah that had a small soda fountain/breakfast bar in it and finding Andy Griffith seated there eating a fried egg breakfast.
    Found out later that he was in town because he was guesting on the Donny and Marie show, which at that time was filmed at Osmomd Studios in Orem.

Osmond Studios, for what it's worth, looked like a high school and was located pretty much across the street from a golf course I worked at and played all the time. We used to call their studio 'Osmond High School.'

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I don't necessarily remember individual episodes, but I enjoyed the show.
    I also remember very clearly walking into a drugstore in 'downtown' Provo, Utah that had a small soda fountain/breakfast bar in it and finding Andy Griffith seated there eating a fried egg breakfast.
    Found out later that he was in town because he was guesting on the Donny and Marie show, which at that time was filmed at Osmomd Studios in Orem.

Osmond Studios, for what it's worth, looked like a high school and was located pretty much across the street from a golf course I worked at and played all the time. We used to call their studio 'Osmond High School.'
    Cool. Thanks for sharing that experience!

When I was running Siler City Frances Bouvier was one of my customers. I only spoke to her two or three times. I visited her grave site a couple times before I took another route,,,

Shout out to the fun girls from Mt. Pilot! My wife and I always say “hello doll” when hear a female with a gravelly smokers voice talk.

Also honorable mention for Rosco P Coltrain as a local guitar slinger.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Shout out to the fun girls from Mt. Pilot! My wife and I always say “hello doll” when hear a female with a gravelly smokers voice talk.

Also honorable mention for Rosco P Coltrain as a local guitar slinger.
    Actor James Best played guitarist Jim Lindsey. He was good as Roscoe too.

Fun fact - Howard Morris who played the character Ernest T. Bass was actually the Director of many of the Andy Griffith shows. Who would have thunk it.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    When I was running Siler City Frances Bouvier was one of my customers. I only spoke to her two or three times. I visited her grave site a couple times before I took another route,,,
    I had always heard that Bouvier was disenchanted with her Siler City experience. She naively thought that it was a real-life analog to Mayberry. She discovered life is more complicated than that.

Maybe so. She was nice to me, but I heard she was difficult on the AGS set..

Maybe so. She was nice to me, but I heard she was difficult on the AGS set..
    I saw her on one of the old Perry Mason shows the other day. She was a perfect fit for her character(Aunt B) on the Andy Show.

Writer was Duke graduate

I'd vote for "The Loaded Goat".
    Did you know that most of the favorites mentioned were written by Duke graduate, Harvey Bullock who was from Oxford, NC! He was also the drum major in the Duke University Marching Band aka DUMB.

Quote Originally Posted by DUMB72 View Post
    Did you know that most of the favorites mentioned were written by Duke graduate, Harvey Bullock who was from Oxford, NC! He was also the drum major in the Duke University Marching Band aka DUMB.
    Cool. Harvey Bullock gets credit for The Pickle Story, The Loaded Goat, Opie The Birdman, and others:

https://mayberry.fandom.com/wiki/Harvey_Bullock

Welcome to DBR!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Don Knotts as Barney Fife is it for me. I particularly enjoyed the episodes involving Barney and Thelma Lou.
    Another fun fact: Betty Lynn who played Thelma Lou now lives in Mount Airy, NC. Mount Airy was the hometown of Andy Griffith and the town Mayberry was based on.

Betty Lynn moved from L.A. to Mount Airy years ago. For years, she has been making monthly appearances at the Andy Griffith Museum in Mt. Airy and annual appearances at Mt. Airy's annual Mayberry Days festival to sign autographs for fans. (I'm sure she isn't meeting closely with fans right now during the pandemic.)

She's usually there every third Friday from one til three.