Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Maybe there is a way to make the images bigger, but I'm gonna go blind trying to see what is on the "new stuff" page.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Oh crap! Today's top panel I did not appreciate 30 years ago.

I do not know how to paste it here, maybe someone else can do the honors. I'm sure I'm not the only one to sigh at it.
    Being in the same boat as you, I can only assume you mean this one

Screenshot_2020-08-14 The Far Side Comic Strip by Gary Larson - Official Website TheFarSide com.jpg
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Being in the same boat as you, I can only assume you mean this one

Screenshot_2020-08-14 The Far Side Comic Strip by Gary Larson - Official Website TheFarSide com.jpg
    Absolutely, thanks. And regarding CB&B's comment, I already contacted them to suggest that! (haven't heard back)

I especially like the tire tread up the back.

In most browsers, <ctrl><+> increases the size of the page. It works for me on the new stuff.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    In most browsers, <ctrl><+> increases the size of the page. It works for me on the new stuff.

-jk
    Hah! That decreases it on my computer...<ctrl><-> increases it. Go figure.

Thanks for the tip!

(makes sense MY computer is back ***wards...no comments from the peanut gallery)

Thanks for the tip!

(makes sense MY computer is back ***wards...no comments from the peanut gallery)
    Is Bob Green allowed to comment, especially since he just reviewed a coffee peanut butter porter as an early entry for Virtual Pub tomorrow?

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Thanks for the tip!

Forewarned is forearmed, and just fyi, I have seen several articles within the last couple of months that say that the phrase 'peanut gallery'is racist and offensive. I'm sure you mean no harm, and I am not offended, but this is a phrase that you should perhaps be careful about going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Is Bob Green allowed to comment, especially since he just reviewed a coffee peanut butter porter as an early entry for Virtual Pub tomorrow?

Bob's ex-military. He can do whatever he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Forewarned is forearmed, and just fyi, I have seen several articles within the last couple of months that say that the phrase 'peanut gallery'is racist and offensive. I'm sure you mean no harm, and I am not offended, but this is a phrase that you should perhaps be careful about going forward.
    Seriously, how so? Link?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut...e%20performers.

Just so I can get in more trouble, screw these new people that are offended.

Bob's ex-military. He can do whatever he wants.
    Not quite as he was not a Fleet Admiral...

He's also the host of Virtual Pub tomorrow!! Advance warning, err, notification.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Not quite as he was not a Fleet Admiral...

He's also the host of Virtual Pub tomorrow!! Advance warning, err, notification.
    If he's bringing a coffee peanut butter porter to the party, I'd say he's doing whatever he wants.

If he's bringing a coffee peanut butter porter to the party, I'd say he's doing whatever he wants.
    Excellent point!

Bob is the honey badger of Ymm, beer.

Thanks for the tip!

Do toilets also flush backwards where you are?

Seriously, how so? Link?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut...e%20performers.

Just so I can get in more trouble, screw these new people that are offended.
    There are a lot of links. Just enter 'peanut gallery racist' into Google and you will find a bunch.

I'm not necessarily saying I agree with it. I'm just saying that if you use it again sometime and somebody calls you out on it, you will have been forewarned.

Apparently there was a history of it in New Orleans a long time before the Howdy Doody show popularized it.

There are a lot of links. Just enter 'peanut gallery racist' into Google and you will find a bunch.

I'm not necessarily saying I agree with it. I'm just saying that if you use it again sometime and somebody calls you out on it, you will have been forewarned.

Apparently there was a history of it in New Orleans a long time before the Howdy Doody show popularized it.
    Thanks, I had never heard that.

I will say, though, the first article I clicked on argued that “The Masters” played here at the Augusta National was somehow a racist name derived from slavery. So — I gotta call BS on that at least.

Yeah, a lot of people not liking use of the word 'master' at all... seems they are forgetting that it also means to become really good at something, like mastering the violin or the piano.
    Change toward more neutral speech is good, but we have to make sure we don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. I hope it is still ok to say that, lol.

Yeah, a lot of people not liking use of the word 'master' at all... seems they are forgetting that it also means to become really good at something, like mastering the violin or the piano.
    Change toward more neutral speech is good, but we have to make sure we don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. I hope it is still ok to say that, lol.
    Absolutely agree. It is important to be mindful that words can hurt others unintentionally. It is also important to remember that no one has a right not to be offended. The people on both extremes of that make it difficult.

And since this is a thread about humor, it probably goes without saying that comedy often involves pushing uncomfortable envelopes. Or, like George Carlin and Lenny Bruce and several “shock comics,” just obliterating those lines.

Also one of my favorites:

77f5c14f68088e196fb57f248edf17cf.jpg

Apologies to cat lovers.

ee814b9eb211b746a27a819c948e5d70.jpg

For "equal" representation.