Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Janet or Chrissy?

Jennifer or Bailey?
    I had to Google both of these questions, having no idea what you were talking about. I did watch a little Three's Company back in the day, but that was a long time ago and I had forgotten the characters names. I never saw the other show WKRP, or whatever it is called.

OK, so here are my picks, anyway. Chrissy over Janet. For the second choice, Bailey is the winner, and it's not close. Mind you, I never saw the show, but from one picture that had them side-by-side, Bailey was clearly better looking.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I had to Google both of these questions, having no idea what you were talking about. I did watch a little Three's Company back in the day, but that was a long time ago and I had forgotten the characters names. I never saw the other show WKRP, or whatever it is called.

OK, so here are my picks, anyway. Chrissy over Janet. For the second choice, Bailey is the winner, and it's not close. Mind you, I never saw the show, but from one picture that had them side-by-side, Bailey was clearly better looking.
    Sorry you missed WKRP, it was a fantastic comedy IMO. The Thanksgiving Day episode is something I rewatch every year. (It's on YouTube last I checked but is 23 minutes long or so.)

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Sorry you missed WKRP, it was a fantastic comedy IMO. The Thanksgiving Day episode is something I rewatch every year. (It's on YouTube last I checked but is 23 minutes long or so.)
    I'll second this. The other episode that sticks in my mind - Mr. Carlson talking to a little girl home alone when a tornado was coming - he had her put the phone down so he could hear her walk to the basement and close the door. I don't think he ever learned what happened to her.

The episode where Carlson defends the stations playlist against a Jerry Falwell doppelgänger, using John Lennon’s Imagine - I want to see it again.

Speaking of UFOs. What is that coming out of the Helicopters?
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...JcZWzF3ElbBTkt

Larry
    DevilHorse

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    Speaking of UFOs. What is that coming out of the Helicopters?
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...JcZWzF3ElbBTkt

Larry
    DevilHorse
    UnFlying Objects?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'll second this. The other episode that sticks in my mind - Mr. Carlson talking to a little girl home alone when a tornado was coming - he had her put the phone down so he could hear her walk to the basement and close the door. I don't think he ever learned what happened to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    The episode where Carlson defends the stations playlist against a Jerry Falwell doppelgänger, using John Lennon’s Imagine - I want to see it again.
    My kids and I started watching from episode 1 a couple months ago. It's a slow process since we want to have all 4 of us together to watch. We are almost through the first season. Love the storylines, the clothes, the "live" feel of it. Turkey drop is definitely the fave so far but the one where they accidentally give away $5000 instead of $50 (or something like that) is great.

Word to the wise, if getting the DVDs - Get the Shout! DVDs released in ~2014, they paid for about 85% of the music rights. Makes a huge difference!

PS - Bailey!!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

If no one's gonna stick up for Jennifer, well -- I hate to think of her just sitting alone on a Friday night so . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    When the Falwell character first appears, he's accompanied by two other revs, one, Reverend Drinkwater, is played by John Chappell. John graduated from Wake Forest with degrees in physics and math and later attended SE Theological Seminary. He was later cast as a recurring character on The New WKRP, Buddy Dornster, the station electrician. John made his home in the Southern Pines/Carthage/Pinehurst area and was a fixture in the arts community there, writing for the local paper. He toured a one-man show "Mark Twain, On Stage" for a number of years, with a strong endorsement from Hal Holbrook. I first met him when I brought a touring children's production to Southern Pines. He came backstage to meet the actors and a friendship developed.

The "Phone Cops" episode was always my favorite. Johnny Fever's paranoia is fully unleashed when the station's transmitter is blown up by a terrorist organization.

Johnny Fever and the on-air sobriety test Always made me chuckle.

More News, and Les Nessman!

We sure know how to hijack a thread...
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Ok, I'll get back on track. I found this discovery particular amusing, especially considering Mrs. dd and I have ballroom dancing as one of our empty nest activities (of course there has been very little of that since about mid-March, because social dis-dancing simply doesn't work very well ):

3b3e5364c4f39fe1d3390d4a7923ccb4.jpg
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    And one of the great ones, I'm sure inspired by Cameron...

https://www.thefarside.com/2020/10/23/1

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Janet or Chrissy?

Jennifer or Bailey?
    Cheryl or Carol?

Quote Originally Posted by niveklaen View Post
    Cheryl or Carol?
    Lana, Malory, Cheryl/Carol/Charlene, or Pam?

PAM or Olive Oyl?

Cambrian Crazies?

cambrianCrazy1.jpg

Larry
    DevilHorse

Should have known that you would get that reference...

though most people would not have included Malory in the options list - you must be a member of the greatest generation.