Thread: Perry Mason

Perry Mason

Anybody watching the new HBO series?

It's relentlessly gory and dark. I've actually had to cover my eyes in revulsion. Kind of all over the map still but hoping it settles down. One of those shows it helps to watch with a spouse or sig other since it's a brain teaser of a plot.

I'll tell you what was terrific though was "Hidden" on Acorn TV. THAT was some spectacular acting.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Yes, watching and enjoying this series. I think there’s a lot of acting talent and the potential for a great series.

Thanks for the “Hidden” recommendation. I’ll see if I can get access.

weezie, I've recorded many of the Perry Mason shows that are on Spectrum channel 477. I love the who-done-it shows. My mom used to watch the original shows when I was a child. I wish I could watch reruns of some of our favorite shows but I already know who the killer is and that spoils it for me. I'm glad that I'm not the only person watching those old shows. As for Acorn TV, I'm still trying to talk my wife into adding to our TV package.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Anybody watching the new HBO series?

It's relentlessly gory and dark. I've actually had to cover my eyes in revulsion.
    Unfortunately, this is the way of TV today. Thanks for the heads up, I’m likely to avoid this show altogether. Or at least until we are well past the current situation we find ourselves in. I’m looking for more light hearted fare.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    weezie, I've recorded many of the Perry Mason shows that are on Spectrum channel 477...
    This new Perry is an entirely different cat. He's a private detective, not a lawyer, and he holds the legal profession in thinly veiled contempt. The acting has been very good, that is certainly true but 'mamalouche' the bodies falling are adding up!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

The fact that Matthew Rhyes and Tatiana Maslany are in it is more than enough information than I need. I'll watch it very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    This new Perry is an entirely different cat. He's a private detective, not a lawyer, and he holds the legal profession in thinly veiled contempt. The acting has been very good, that is certainly true but 'mamalouche' the bodies falling are adding up!
    yeah, it's just a completely different animal than the old TV Perry Mason...hey, if Godzilla had eaten Raymond Burr way back when, there never would have been a Perry Mason.

Anyone else notice some similarities between the new Perry Mason, and Showtime's Penny Dreadful? (in which Nathan Lane is most outstanding in a dramatic role)...