Na-no, no, na-no, no-no, na-no, no-no, no, no-no, no
    Nobody can do the (Shing-a-ling) like I do
    Nobody can do the (Skate) like I do
    Nobody can do (Boogaloo) like I do
    Nobody can do (Philly) like I do

And nobody can convince me that a Duke-UNC final would be a good thing

1. Always always always want to play in the championship game
    2. Never never never want UNCheat to win anything
    Therefor, what I want is, we play in championship and WIN, UNCheat goes 14-17, doesn’t make NIT, Old Roy has another famous meltdown and this time throws himself under the bus.

Oh, and rule number [9] is never joke about toe injuries.

My blood pressure can barely stand the regular season games and sometimes acc tourney games against those cheating you know what's! And playing each other for the ncaa title? NO!

This question yet again?

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    This question yet again?
    Would you want to see a Duke vs UNC National Championship game?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Would you want to see a Duke vs UNC National Championship game?
    Let me put it this way: If there were such a game, there's no way I WOULDN'T see it.

While I understand the anxiety/fear caused by the stakes of such a game, I have to say I'm shocked at how overwhelming the "No" votes are.

We can't know important factors (e.g., injury, etc.) in this hypothetical, but all things being equal, I generally tend to like our chances against UNC in ANY game. Maybe it's blind optimism. As such, I'd love the opportunity to own ultimate bragging rights against our biggest rivals.

Given the history of Duke-UNC that ESPN likes to throw up for every Duke-UNC game (i.e., points scored is virtually even, record is pretty much even), I'd put general odds at 50-50. Coach K > Roy all day, so say 51-49. 51-49 to own ultimate bragging rights (not to mention another championship)? I'd take that all day in Vegas. I'm a gambler, though.

Don't get me wrong, I'd have sweated through both of my Duke jerseys and have gone through every word in the expletive dictionary, but I'd love every minute of it.

Heck NO!

I live and die with every made basket when the two teams are playing a regular season game. Losing to the CHEATS means I have to listen to their fans talking smack. Plus they'd bring out all their CHEAT wear and that makes me want to puke. No way I want to hear them talking about how they beat us in the Championship game or even it we beat them, all I'd hear is the refs gave the game to you guys.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by wjuns7 View Post
    While I understand the anxiety/fear caused by the stakes of such a game, I have to say I'm shocked at how overwhelming the "No" votes are.

We can't know important factors (e.g., injury, etc.) in this hypothetical, but all things being equal, I generally tend to like our chances against UNC in ANY game. Maybe it's blind optimism. As such, I'd love the opportunity to own ultimate bragging rights against our biggest rivals.

Given the history of Duke-UNC that ESPN likes to throw up for every Duke-UNC game (i.e., points scored is virtually even, record is pretty much even), I'd put general odds at 50-50. Coach K > Roy all day, so say 51-49. 51-49 to own ultimate bragging rights (not to mention another championship)? I'd take that all day in Vegas. I'm a gambler, though.

Don't get me wrong, I'd have sweated through both of my Duke jerseys and have gone through every word in the expletive dictionary, but I'd love every minute of it.
    I too am surprised by the responses. If the same question were posed on IC I bet the majority would say bring it on. That should be our attitude. Let’s go Duke!

If Duke wins 5 games and gets to the championship game...I really don't care who is on the other side of the bracket.

Very Proud of the 5 Banners...6 would be wonderful.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    I feel like answering this question affirmatively would be akin to going all-in at the poker table before either player has seen their cards.

Fact is, were this to ever happen the winning team would have incontrovertible bragging rights for years, possibly decades, to come. That’s a high-risk high-reward proposition.

If you asked me “would you rather lose in the semis to avoid playing UNC in the title game”, the answer would of course be no. I never want my team to lose, and I know our team will never be cowards thanks to Coach K’s leadership. The answer also depends on WHEN this would happen. 2019 with Zion? Yes please. 2011 with Austin Rivers, even though we took them down in Chapel Hill? Maybe not.

But, entirely in the abstract? I think I’d like to avoid it if possible. Why risk altering what is already the best rivalry in sport?

Nope.

I'd rather see this year's UNC record become the template for their future seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Nope.

I'd rather see this year's UNC record become the template for their future seasons.
    What? But they didn't even get an invite to the...

Oh... I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    I feel like answering this question affirmatively would be akin to going all-in at the poker table before either player has seen their cards.
    You're one of two left at the final table in the WSOP Main Event. You get pocket aces, you're happily going all-in every time and hoping that the opponent calls. I'll take that!

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    Why would I want UNC to win five games in the tournament?
    Or even be in the tournament?
    Or win a game, ever?
    This is the correct answer. Close this thread.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Duke and the heels are in the final 4. Heels play first, I pull like hell for them to lose but they win. Am I going to pull for Duke to lose the 2nd game. Of course not. I take any option that has Duke in the final game, including 1991 against Vegas.

I have lived my entire life living behind enemy lines in NC. Their fans are insufferable to the nth degree all the time - and they are omnipresent. And they would continue to be regardless of the outcome of a Duke-Heel final.
    You think Heel fans are insufferable? Come visit me in Austin some time ...

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    You think Heel fans are insufferable? Come visit me in Austin some time ...
    How's next weekend for you?
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Are you sure you really want to travel to Texas now?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I wouldn’t recommend it.

No, I never want to play uNC in the NCAA Tournament. And that would not ever preclude DUKE from making the title game because I also never want uNC to make it to the second weekend, much less the Final Four.
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil