Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Her first points back were a three.
    In those 15 minutes she got 10 points, 4 steals, and 8 rebounds. Can't wait to see her starting.
    Sweet. Let's hope she can continue to get in game shape and stay healthy.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Coach Kara's first real test tonight with her squad. It's a good thing that Boykin has at least a little game time under her belt.
    I don't have any delusions that we'll win, nor that the game will even be particularly close, but I am looking forward to seeing how we play against elite talent and how we handle adversity.
    And who knows, maybe we'll surprise.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Coach Kara's first real test tonight with her squad. It's a good thing that Boykin has at least a little game time under her belt.
    I don't have any delusions that we'll win, nor that the game will even be particularly close, but I am looking forward to seeing how we play against elite talent and how we handle adversity.
    And who knows, maybe we'll surprise.
    I'm looking forward to the challenge and this game should give us some idea as to how tough mentally we are right now, if nothing else. I'll definitely be watching as it appears Fox Sports South is carrying it.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by peloton View Post
    I'm looking forward to the challenge and this game should give us some idea as to how tough mentally we are right now, if nothing else. I'll definitely be watching as it appears Fox Sports South is carrying it.
    Grrrr, your post and Awhom's thread have me doubtful that I'll be able to watch since Hulu and Fox Sports no longer have an agreement. (I'm within the blackout footprint, if one exists for this game. Reading Awhom's post it's not easy to tell if it is definitive.)
    At least I will be able to listen from GoDuke.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Grrrr, your post and Awhom's thread have me doubtful that I'll be able to watch since Hulu and Fox Sports no longer have an agreement. (I'm within the blackout footprint, if one exists for this game. Reading Awhom's post it's not easy to tell if it is definitive.)
    At least I will be able to listen from GoDuke.
    If you are in the Triangle - and have Spectrum or legacy Time Warner Cable - you can watch on Channel 50 RSN. Our DVR is set.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDad02 View Post
    If you are in the Triangle - and have Spectrum or legacy Time Warner Cable - you can watch on Channel 50 RSN. Our DVR is set.
    FoxSports South on Comcast now. LGD!!!!

Duke down by 11 now 24-35...0 for 11 on 3 pt shots (very early 2nd half).

This one is in the can..
    Devils down by 24 w/about 4 mins to go.

I was able to listen on TuneIn and follow the box score. Aside from our ugly 3 pt shooting stats, I thought that wasn't a bad outing against a top 5 team. It's a good one for both the team and the coaching staff to evaluate and learn from. Looking forward to hearing Coach Lawson's post game remarks.

...It's a good one for both the team and the coaching staff to evaluate and learn from...
    Agreed.

It's a good thing that Boykin has at least a little game time under her belt.
    PS...about that.

Unable to visually watch, I only know she missed everything she put up. How did she look besides being scoreless?

She looked disinterested.

Quote Originally Posted by grossbus View Post
    25 minutes: 0-8 and 0-3, 1 assist and 4 turnovers. I guess that could make you disinterested. Hopefully she'll get better. It won't be hard.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by grossbus View Post
    I am shocked to hear that. She's been one of the most intense players on the floor in her brief prior appearances, and she's put in just a ton of rehab work just to get out on the floor at all. Yes, her stats are bad, but that can happen. Disinterest would be a much bigger problem. I'm going to hope there's something else going on.

I’d say more frustrated than disinterested.

Saw most of the last three quarters. Duke played well defensively but did not have the offensive firepower to compete with Louisville who had the talent to just sometimes drain tough shots or take advantage of tiny lapses of concentration.

De Jesus clearly looked like a frosh playing against a potential player of the year which didn’t help but well she’ll get better over time.

Duke fell apart in the fourth after holding it reasonably tight in the first three quarters which is my biggest complaint. We don’t have the talent yet to compete with top ten teams, but if we want to spring an occasional upset we can’t fall apart If shots aren’t falling. I’m sure that’ll be the coach’s biggest concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I am shocked to hear that. She's been one of the most intense players on the floor in her brief prior appearances, and she's put in just a ton of rehab work just to get out on the floor at all. Yes, her stats are bad, but that can happen. Disinterest would be a much bigger problem. I'm going to hope there's something else going on.
    people often over-ascribe poor/frustrated play with lack of effort/heart/disinterest. Frankly, it bothers me how often people here jump on it as a reason, since perhaps one of the biggest insults you can throw at someone is that they didn't care. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen, of course.
    1200. DDMF.

Sunday's game at Miami will be a much better gauge of the team. Preseason, the "Blue Ribbon Panel" had Duke #10, Miami #11...the Coaches have Miami #10, Duke #11.

https://theacc.com/news/2020/11/10/l...-champion.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Sunday's game at Miami will be a much better gauge of the team. Preseason, the "Blue Ribbon Panel" had Duke #10, Miami #11...the Coaches have Miami #10, Duke #11.

https://theacc.com/news/2020/11/10/l...-champion.aspx
    On paper at least, it looks to be an entertaining game then.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDad02 View Post
    So that's why when we tried to watch it on ACCN+ it said it was blacked out. I never checked the broadcast listings. My bad.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

So DWBB will have two top 5 opponents in a row, with a shot at 3 if the UNCW game gets cancelled. So ummmm, yikes.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est