Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 286
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Where is Boykin?
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Where is Boykin?
    I haven't gotten a great look, but I think she's the one on the bench with a crutch. If true, I'm heartbroken for her.

    Edit: Announcers just confirmed that she is out due to a "sore knee".
    Last edited by Phredd3; 11-25-2020 at 12:30 PM.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    They just said. Sore knee. Damn.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    I just saw this on GoDuke.com. " Duke women's basketball sophomore forward Jennifer Ezeh will be sidelined for a second consecutive year after suffering another knee injury during practice on Saturday."
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  5. #65
    Because you know youíre wondering ...

    Eight turnovers in the first half, but I donít remember any that were cringe-worthy.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I'd tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Because you know youíre wondering ...

    Eight turnovers in the first half, but I donít remember any that were cringe-worthy.
    And that's with a freshman point. I'm only looking at the box score, is she the primary ballhandler?

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Because you know youíre wondering ...

    Eight turnovers in the first half, but I donít remember any that were cringe-worthy.
    Seven assists help to balance the passing. I'd like to have a positive ratio, but seven assists on seventeen made buckets is a pretty good start.

    And yet another knee issue for Ezeh. Argh. Does it ever end?

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    And that's with a freshman point. I'm only looking at the box score, is she the primary ballhandler?
    Pretty much, yes, although she's been scoring more than assisting. Jaida Patrick is the surprise. She has 10 points (one shy of her career high) and 3 assists in the first half. Our defense seemed to get tired in the second quarter. We still won the quarter, but allowed 19 v. allowing 10 in the first.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Durham
    thank god sara's injury is not another leg. not that head/neck injuries are GOOD...but i was like "oh god...here we go again"
    basketball is back, baby!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    thank god sara's injury is not another leg. not that head/neck injuries are GOOD...but i was like "oh god...here we go again"
    Pretty clearly a concussion. Hopefully a minor one, since we only have eight players available, even including her.

  11. #71
    I watched some of the game. Good to see the women playing MTM.

    The background sound seemed odd and annoying to me. I think they were piping in a low hum that didn't seem adjusted to what was happening on the floor. It didn't sound right to me at all. The piped in crowd noise that I've heard at football games has sounded much better -- more natural, even if it is artificial. What I heard today wasn't enough to disguise the shouting that the players and coaches were doing. I don't think we want the world hearing what Coach K is saying. This needs work before Saturday.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    What a fun game to watch. 94 points, and decent, if not truly stifling, defense. Did we play zone even once? I don't think I saw us do that. De Jesus looked really, really good in her debut. She has really good ball control and pretty fair court awareness, too. Granted this is Longwood, but I liked what I saw.

    Agree about the "crowd noise", which seems more like a white noise generator than anything. I could do without that completely. That's just for the broadcast, correct? They can't actually run background sound in Cameron, correct?

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    I watched some of the game. Good to see the women playing MTM.

    The background sound seemed odd and annoying to me. I think they were piping in a low hum that didn't seem adjusted to what was happening on the floor. It didn't sound right to me at all. The piped in crowd noise that I've heard at football games has sounded much better -- more natural, even if it is artificial. What I heard today wasn't enough to disguise the shouting that the players and coaches were doing. I don't think we want the world hearing what Coach K is saying. This needs work before Saturday.
    i'm surprised they're allowed to at all, as artificial noise is generally not allowed during gameplay. I don't THINK it is, but are we sure they're not just adding the sound to the TV feed?

    Either way, I assume they have some rules on how loud the sound is allowed to be, and undoubtedly it will never replicate the crazies.
    basketball is back, baby!

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I'd tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya
    Re A/TO, we had 19A/16TO, but I believe 6 of the TOs were in the 4th quarter. Things can get sloppy in a blowout.

    I know it's only one game, but in last year's first game against a similarly out-womanned opponent (93-57 score), we had 12A/16TO. On the year we had 417A vs. 546TO. So it's promising start.

    Also, Miela was the only player under 50% from the field. So as she warms up, another good sign for the team.

    Edit: Now for the all-important post-game presser!

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Re A/TO, we had 19A/16TO, but I believe 6 of the TOs were in the 4th quarter. Things can get sloppy in a blowout.

    I know it's only one game, but in last year's first game against a similarly out-womanned opponent (93-57 score), we had 12A/16TO. On the year we had 417A vs. 546TO. So it's promising start.
    for sure. hard to know much for sure given it's the first game with a new coach/system. Greatly looking forward to that matchup in a couple weeks with UL
    basketball is back, baby!

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Jaida Patrick was a revelation. Wow, where did that come from. She is quick and was knocking down jumpers all over and on the move. Our new freshman point guard was really solid and confident. If we can get Boykin back and healthy our backcourt will be able to compete with just about anyone. Our frontcourt, on the other hand looks slow, mechanical and limited.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    i'm surprised they're allowed to at all, as artificial noise is generally not allowed during gameplay. I don't THINK it is, but are we sure they're not just adding the sound to the TV feed?

    Either way, I assume they have some rules on how loud the sound is allowed to be, and undoubtedly it will never replicate the crazies.
    The NCAA is allowing piped in crowd noise subject to some decibel limitations. I'm pretty sure there was some background artificial hum today.

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    The NCAA is allowing piped in crowd noise subject to some decibel limitations. I'm pretty sure there was some background artificial hum today.
    yeah. i just wasn't certain that it wasn't just added to the TV feed...but was pretty sure it was live.

    there was at least one time it did a shot-clock count down...though frankly, I'd prefer just to hear the court noise and could skip the fake crowd.
    basketball is back, baby!

  19. #79
    I was in meeting for most of the game but did catch about 15 minutes of real time. De Jesus looked great for her first game. The style of play seemed much faster paced than under coach P which is welcomed in my book. Looking forward to more games.

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    yeah. i just wasn't certain that it wasn't just added to the TV feed...but was pretty sure it was live.

    there was at least one time it did a shot-clock count down...though frankly, I'd prefer just to hear the court noise and could skip the fake crowd.
    I thought the count down was the players on the bench.

    Good start, but as usual, too many injuries (maybe it was not Pís fault.). Two more ACLs (Ezeh and Adams) in practice, and Boykin (hopefully short term.). We only have eight eligible players right now, letís hope no more injuries.

    Strong effort from most players. Miela was playing point for a good part of the game, she apparently worked hard over the summer improving her all-around game. de Jesus had a very good first start, controlling the ball when Miela didnít (and a good part when both were in.) Onome had what I thought was a quiet double-double (admittedly I was distracted for much of the game by a one year old.). And, of course, Jade and Jaida and Jada (wanted to type that) all were solid.

    The only negative Iíd mention is that I thought Sara Anastasieska had a tough first game. Four out of the teamís 16 turnovers, and some defensive miscues.

Similar Threads

  1. 2020 NFL Season
    By bundabergdevil in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 263
    Last Post: 03-18-2021, 10:13 AM
  2. 2019-20 DWBB Season
    By CameronBornAndBred in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 1505
    Last Post: 06-27-2020, 07:41 AM
  3. Lacrosse: The 2020 Season
    By burnspbesq in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 215
    Last Post: 04-15-2020, 12:13 AM
  4. 2020-21 CBB Season
    By hallcity in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2020, 07:47 PM
  5. DWBB: 2018 Season
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 640
    Last Post: 04-17-2018, 11:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •