Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    And she hits a 3 to put duke up 20-4! And then next possession a steal and a drive to get free throws.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

End First Quarter, Duke struggling with the full court press when ECU has the ability to set it up...which isn't that often, because ECU has two baskets.

24-4 Duke.

Carolina Delenda Est

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Very nice 1st quarter.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Great start, 15-0 against the ECU pirates. And very good to see Mikayla Boykin playing.

24-4 after one quarter, ECU ‘is badly outclassed. Plenty of threes from multiple players.

The game is on ACCNx, using the Duke radio broadcast for audio, and I assume a robotic camera from the birds’ nest. A no nonsense announcer, since he’s solo and doesn’t have to set up a color commentator with non-topical comments.

And there’s a cutout person in my Cameron seat! Hope I can sit there again soon.

ETA: ‘looks like my feed’s behind everybody else’s!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Duke is shooting 7-13 so far from the arc.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Sooooo many turnovers. 10 already 15 minutes in.

Carolina Delenda Est

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Miela’ s winning! 19-13 with five threes. 41-13 and ECU calls their third timeout of the game halfway into the second quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Duke is shooting 7-13 so far from the arc.
    Now 9-15. Most are Goodchild's, she's blazing with 4 in just this quarter, 5-8 overall.

Sure is fun to watch Duke playing structured basketball!

13 assists on 17 FG's

The team is shooting better from 3 pt range (9-16, 56.3%) than overall (17-30, 55.2%). I'm not complaining.

De Jesus is fun to watch. Doesn’t get sped up, makes the right play and is under control. Kind of like the anti Greg Paulus (I kid, I kid).

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    De Jesus is fun to watch. Doesn’t get sped up, makes the right play and is under control. Kind of like the anti Greg Paulus (I kid, I kid).
    It's definitely her time of year!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    It's definitely her time of year!
    I see what you did there!

Like Loran pointed above, too many TOs. Those will kill us against a better team.

Like Loran pointed above, too many TOs. Those will kill us against a better team.
    You mean like Louisville on Wednesday? Through three, ECU had 12 off TOs and they only had 29 total points. Still, overall, I like what I'm seeing.

Overall a really good game, but ughhh those turnovers! 22 total.

The ladies got 44 rebounds, however, and that's awesome.

Overall a really good game, but ughhh those turnovers! 22 total.

The ladies got 44 rebounds, however, and that's awesome.
    They committed seven of those TOs against just two assists in the awful fourth quarter. They were up by 30 and the lesser lineups were in. It's not an excuse, of course. We need to clean that up. But game experience is what that time was for. Now they can analyze and correct the problems.

I am looking forward to seeing what KLaw has in store as a game plan against Louisville. They are one of the best teams in the country, and we get them twice. Oddly, twice on our home floor, but without fans, that's not going to mean much. But I'm looking forward to seeing what gets tried.

I had to miss the game for my grandson's 3rd birthday party. I see that Boykin got in for 15 minutes. How did she look?
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    I had to miss the game for my grandson's 3rd birthday party. I see that Boykin got in for 15 minutes. How did she look?
    Her first points back were a three.
    In those 15 minutes she got 10 points, 4 steals, and 8 rebounds. Can't wait to see her starting.