Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    But having too much talent is a better problem than having too little talent.
    And one that nobody on this board could have foreseen two or three months ago. That will be a good test for both the players and the coaches.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

"This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Bios and full roster now available a goduke.com through links in that article. Seven transfers, total, and all of them high level players. (Nyah Green transferred in what would have been mid-season last year, but after our season was over.) With COVID and the mass transfers this year, there are only three players on the team that I have actually seen in person. And I'm still fantastically excited about this team and how far it has the potential to go. It's going to be an exciting season this coming year at Cameron, and I have every confidence that we will have crowds this season and that they will be as big as we have seen for a while. LGD!

Impressive -- all ranked in the top 41; three McD A-A's; four USA basketball gold medals (Oliver and Taylor). Jordyn Oliver and Celeste Taylor look like the best of the transfers, and they both have two years remaining.

Meant in jest, but a problem for "new coaches" in hoops is there may not be "3-4 years of grace" in building a program. Now, with transfers and grad students so readily available, year one could be make or break for both men's and women's coaches.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

ESPN piece which has much of same info, but good to see such publicity for program.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...2020-21-season

Looking forward to having a season, let alone a promising one! LGD!!!
    “That’s just, like, your opinion, man.”