Women's lax gets top transfer from Penn

Saw some annoying news on ACCNetwork online.The longest win streak in Division 1 NCAA Sports is UNC Field Hockey 30 days and 30 months since the last loss. Duke Field Hockey is competitive but has a huge hill to climb to beat UNC. Underfunded and inferior facilities to the arrogant women 12 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Saw some annoying news on ACCNetwork online.The longest win streak in Division 1 NCAA Sports is UNC Field Hockey 30 days and 30 months since the last loss. Duke Field Hockey is competitive but has a huge hill to climb to beat UNC. Underfunded and inferior facilities to the arrogant women 12 miles away.
    do we not give full field hockey scholarships?...I know little about the program, but the field hockey stadium is pretty nice looking, IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    do we not give full field hockey scholarships?...I know little about the program, but the field hockey stadium is pretty nice looking, IMO...
    Don't know current status, but the NCAA Div 1 limit is 12.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    To quote the esteemed philosopher, Ole Roy; I don’t give a ---- about UNCheat women’s field hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Duke went pretty far in the NCAAs a few years back I believe. Think they give scholarships and if they didn’t have a full load I’d imagine White would have done that for Title IX before building a softball field.

What does all the field hockey talk have to do with the original post?

Quote Originally Posted by bigperm13 View Post
    What does all the field hockey talk have to do with the original post?
    Zip.

If you got distracted by the weird field-hockey sidebar, the Duke women's lacrosse team will add an All-American from Penn to next year's roster. Yes, an All-American. A grad-student transfer. Immediately eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    If you got distracted by the weird field-hockey sidebar, the Duke women's lacrosse team will add an All-American from Penn to next year's roster. Yes, an All-American. A grad-student transfer. Immediately eligible.
    Terrific. Another blessing courtesy of the Ivy League's extra-strict eligibility rules--I believe they declined the NCAA's offer to extend spring sport eligibility for an extra year.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    She is Penn's all-time leading scorer! Great addition.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide