Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    There are crayola experience attractions in several locations - we drive by the one near their corporate HQ in Easton, PA. We have meant to stop in but have never had the chance - usually we distract the kids as we drive by so that they don't see it and ask to go. They serve food but there is no mention of edible crayons, though that could be a fun idea.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    There are crayola experience attractions in several locations - we drive by the one near their corporate HQ in Easton, PA. We have meant to stop in but have never had the chance - usually we distract the kids as we drive by so that they don't see it and ask to go. They serve food but there is no mention of edible crayons, though that could be a fun idea.
    I forgot about that place. Stopped once when the kids were young to break up the road trip. I don't recall much about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Don't give them any ideas. Ben and Jerry's has collaborated with New Belgium Brewing a couple times in the past to produce a couple pretty forgettable flavors like Salted Caramel Brownie Ale and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Beer.

(can move to Ymm, Beer if more appropriate )
    One of my favorite all-time flavors of B&J's was Black and Tan - a cream stout ice cream with a dark chocolate fudgy ripple running through it. They yanked it when people complained about the historical context of the name. I have pleaded with them to bring it back under another name, like Ebony and Ivory, but no response. It was sooooo good!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    One of my favorite all-time flavors of B&J's was Black and Tan - a cream stout ice cream with a dark chocolate fudgy ripple running through it. They yanked it when people complained about the historical context of the name. I have pleaded with them to bring it back under another name, like Ebony and Ivory, but no response. It was sooooo good!
    Paul and Stevie might object.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

In the Good Olde Days, Ben and Jerry's had a dedicated cooler in our wee corner store, with dozens of flavors including experimental ones that would come and go...alas they've gone Unilever big corporate, and they don't do that any more..wee stores have to buy thru distributors.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    In the Good Olde Days, Ben and Jerry's had a dedicated cooler in our wee corner store, with dozens of flavors including experimental ones that would come and go...alas they've gone Unilever big corporate, and they don't do that any more..wee stores have to buy thru distributors.
    Still surprises me they went Unilever but it’s a pretty interesting, relatively novel relationship for such a behemoth.

Guys like B&J and Patagonia have had their values commodified and turned into a coveted brand. When Unilever was considering acquiring BJ, I’m sure there were discussions about what they were really investing in was a scoop of trust and not ice cream. Must be thrilling to build a business like that but also a little sad when it goes that big.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Still surprises me they went Unilever but it’s a pretty interesting, relatively novel relationship for such a behemoth.

Wonder if the B&J and Patagonia guys have any regrets that their values became commodified and a coveted brand.
    Ben and Jerry of course left with a barge full of money, and a somewhat surprising amount of leeway from Unilever to back causes they like, and to express themselves quite freely. But I agree, it's not what we expected...the early days of B&J operating out of a former gas station were quite a bit of fun...kind of like Cheech and Chong do ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I forgot about that place. Stopped once when the kids were young to break up the road trip. I don't recall much about it though.
    I live about 45 minutes from Easton and took the kids (now 21 and 17) a few times when they were younger. I remember them as really positive experiences and a good way to spend a day. Oh, and the retail store before the exit is AMAZING!
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I live about 45 minutes from Easton and took the kids (now 21 and 17) a few times when they were younger. I remember them as really positive experiences and a good way to spend a day. Oh, and the retail store before the exit is AMAZING!
    In the 15 or so years my sister lived close by, I never did get a visit in when I went to see them. Now that she's back in Kansas, maybe we can make a trip to the marble factory.

Isn't there a well-known/loved Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood episode that involves the crayon factory tour?