Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pandemic Hair?

Pandemic Hair?

Should we not have a thread on Pandemic Hair? (could not find one). At first I thought this was the perfect opportunity to have the mullet I've always wanted...now that I'm about three months into longer hair, I had a neighbor point out that I'm looking a whole lot like a somewhat grayer Boris Johnson...gotta say, there is something of a resemblance there. Octogenarian hairtician (single chair, ultra low risk) can fit me in two weeks from now, meanwhile it's all Hail Brittania on the hair front.

Any tips or observations out there?

I feel like letting my freak flag fly.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Should we not have a thread on Pandemic Hair? (could not find one). At first I thought this was the perfect opportunity to have the mullet I've always wanted...now that I'm about three months into longer hair, I had a neighbor point out that I'm looking a whole lot like a somewhat grayer Boris Johnson...gotta say, there is something of a resemblance there. Octogenarian hairtician (single chair, ultra low risk) can fit me in two weeks from now, meanwhile it's all Hail Brittania on the hair front.

Any tips or observations out there?
    My condolences

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    My condolences
    it's not that bad, I look like a disheveled golden retriever, people pat me on the head, and I get to say whatever pops into my mind, no matter how stupid!

I'm did my own using an electric trimmer mostly. I don't have to worry too much about styling since my part is currently 6 inches wide so the trim was mostly about stopping the hair from tickling my ears. The results weren't horrible.

The hard part was trimming in back, but I found a way to use my smartphone camera on a stand and display the video on my computer using Airserver or Reflector-3 app. This gave me an unobstructed view without having to worry about mirrors and angles.

06-haircut-before-after-airserver.jpg

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Not sure if I’m closer to Larry David or Doc Brown (Back to the Future) but after three months am going to have a hair cut this afternoon.

Son-of-weezie has hair resembling Thor's, husband-of-weezie's is developing curly bangs and I am looking strikingly like my high school graduation picture (yeah...no) albeit not the same sparkling sun-kissed light brown locks.

Brother-of-weezie keeps alarmiing me with beard pics. He's now considering trying out as a relief pitcher for the Korean Baseball League as "The Mighigan Hamfist"

Everbody is getting that post-panny haircut next week.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

it's not that bad, I look like a disheveled golden retriever, people pat me on the head, and I get to say whatever pops into my mind, no matter how stupid!
    Do you get treats if you're a good boy?

My hair is not as long as it was during my lacrosse days, and its getting closer.

Much longer, and I may have work on my Wall Street slickback.
    In my dreams I’ll have Sam Elliott’s hair from Roadhouse. 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Do you get treats if you're a good boy?
    I AM getting slow smoked baby back ribs for dinner! (but I have to cook them)...nice pandemic pastime, sit on the deck, sip some beers, smell the hickory...my version of "sit and stay" I suppose...

I'm looking a whole lot like a somewhat grayer Boris Johnson
    Declare a Brexit from New Hampshire, then wander around aimlessly complaining that New Hampshire is being mean to you.

Oh, and throw the Northern Irish under the bus for good measure.

I had about 5 months of beard and hair growth (we had 2 months of paternity leave immediately preceding the pandemic closures) but let my wife have at it with the trimmers before a big Zoom work presentation. She only felt comfortable with the one-size-fit-all approach so she buzzed it about as short as it has ever been.

Here's what I learned: all those different sized trimmers the barbers use to fade and blend and get around the ears MATTER. 6 weeks after her buzz, all the hair around my ears is growing at the same rate at everything else and pushing out like weeds above and all around my ears*. It looks very silly.

*Thankfully, I don't get much hair IN my ears yet. It was a couple of years ago that the barbers started asking me if I wanted my eyebrows trimmed though, which was depressing.

I started growing my hair out a couple of years ago and had settled into a pattern of 3ish annual trims. The last one I had was in October and I have no inclination or need to get another anytime soon. My mane is chest-length now.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I started growing my hair out a couple of years ago and had settled into a pattern of 3ish annual trims. The last one I had was in October and I have no inclination or need to get another anytime soon. My mane is chest-length now.
    Hey, chest length hair, Wilson, aren't you that FedEx pilot?

Hey, chest length hair, Wilson, aren't you that FedEx pilot?
    See signature

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    See signature
    d'oh! I wondered what that was, Tom! Best plane crash scene ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I feel like letting my freak flag fly.
    Great song!

https://youtu.be/AVsbqVJLFow
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Not sure if I’m closer to Larry David or Doc Brown (Back to the Future) but after three months am going to have a hair cut this afternoon.
    My hair too was looking like Doc Brown (my exact description early last week). But I got my hair cut last Thursday by my regular stylist at Great Clips, and I'm back to my regular short hair now! BTW, their price for a Senior hair cut went up a buck to $13, so I upped my tip to her to $4. I knew she could use a little extra money, I hope everyone does something similar.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Got my hair cut yesterday for the first time since February. My hair had not been that long since I was 15 (but, for some reason, it is now a totally different color??). Given the heat and humidity we have had lately, it feels good to have shorter hair again!

No haircut for almost 3 months now. Was almost able to pull the hair on the top of my head into a man-bun yesterday; same with the locks in the back into a small ponytail. Decisions, decisions...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.