How many Duke games/highlights have you watched during quarantine?

No amount is too high! When it comes to Duke, the more the better!

Quite a few actually. Boy,it sure is a lot better on the nervous system watching those games when you know the outcome!

I've been watching a ton of games from 1990-94--slightly before my time. I was well familiar with these teams from all the banners and knew the highlights, but hadn't sat down and watched a lot of games from start to finish. A number of them are available on youtube--and it's been a ton of fun!
    • Talent level / confidence of these teams was sky high
    • Pace and spacing are completely different from a game today
    • Charges were called waaaay more often. If a defender fell down, it was a charge, and everyone (announcers included) never questioned it
    • And most importantly -- so many great wins!

Strangely, I've watched very little sports of any kind. I've spent a lot more time outdoors, working/playing in the yard, going on walks, etc. And when I've been indoors, my wife has been hogging the TV to binge watch Tiger King and Handmaid's Tale.

I've seen parts of a few of Zion's games, and the 2015 title game, but that's about it. I may go back and rewatch the 2010 and 2015 title games though. Aside from the return of Serie A, it appears I'll still have lots of time left before any new sports to watch.

37.. Currently watching 2001 season. I mentioned on the Duhon thread that I watched one of my favorite wins over UNC. 95-81 at CH, fresh off the Boozer injury, yesterday. Currently, watching the ACCT.. Watched opening round win over State. Maryland game is up next with Nate James tip in at the buzzer.

A bit of insomnia last night caused me to decamp to the den couch and the Feb game this year at carholewhina.
    I discovered anew that Ol Roy is indeed a master at teaching his bigs the subtle foot slide pick. The refs are completely blind to it. And so is Bilas.
    Still though, that was an enjoyable way to await the dawn. Much more fun than tossing and turning.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilStop View Post
    No amount is too high! When it comes to Duke, the more the better!
    Watched a lot early but not any of late. I have sort have got over my Sports withdrawal. Not sure I am excited to see Sports under these conditions - feels a bit forced. We shall see as things begin to open up more- assuming no second wave in the Fall.

YOU TUBE GOLD (TM)

Just stumbled upon this one last night: https://youtu.be/zqIjzISwF2w

FEB-22-1986: #10 Oklahoma 84 at #2 Duke 93
    An important game in the history of Duke Basketball

The context of this game:
    Two days earlier, Len Bias lights up #1 North Carolina for 35 points in the Dean Dome and a 77-72 OT Maryland upset win.
    Dawkins #24 is retired in pre-game.
    For the first time under Coach K, Duke can ascend to #1 in the upcoming polls with a victory.

A fun watch to see the differences in the gameplay of college hoops, the Cameron atmosphere, the broadcast, the rules of the time.
    Also, David Henderson plays one heck of a game.

Well worth 88 minutes of your time.

I love that they show the very end of that Bias game - Maryland ball up 3 with seconds left, UM ball with Bias throwing it in. Kenny Smith turns his back on Bias so Len throws the ball in off Kenny's butt and lays it in the basket. A perfect end to a perfect game.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide