Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The Book of Boba Fett (Disney+) -- a bounty of spoilers!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Episode One of The Book of Boba Fett dropped today, about to watch it with SonPK. Not sure if it needs a separate spoiler thread, I guess it depends on how many folks are planning to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I think we should definitely have a dedicated "Book of Boba Fett" spoiler thread like we did for The Mandalorian, I think we have enough Star Wars fans here to sustain that while the season is active. I won't be starting it though, because I haven't watched it yet.
    Here you go...

bobafett.jpg

(source)

Episode one — a fun start. More intro than anything, but done by the same folks as Mandalorian and has a similar feel.

Episode one — a fun start. More intro than anything, but done by the same folks as Mandalorian and has a similar feel.
    I think they jumped the shark with the WWE cross-over Macho Mandalorian character. This is the way. OOOOOOoooooohhhhhhhh Yeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    And now we know how Boba isn't still being digested.

I liked it. Nothing flashy, but made sense. RIP random storm trooper guy.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    And now we know how Boba isn't still being digested.

I liked it. Nothing flashy, but made sense. RIP random storm trooper guy.
    Been a short series if he had been!

I really enjoy the closing credits in this and The Mandalorian with the animated panes. The theme song to BF doesn’t hold a candle to The Mandalorian though….that is just a perfect score.

Drew Magary, SFGate: 'The Book of Boba Fett' premiere is an abysmal failure on every level

It’s been a long time since I’ve watched something as embarrassing as "The Book of Boba Fett." I’ve seen better acting in home movies. I’ve played iPhone games that have better special effects. I’ve seen more convincing fight scenes on reality television. The whole affair, from beginning to end, is the worst episode of television I’ve seen this year, or any other year. It’s worse than polio. It makes me never want to watch anything related to "Star Wars" ever again, and maybe I won’t.
    Magary provided some entertainment value while at Deadspin and on that episode of Chopped (NSFW review by former NFL player Chris Kluwe), but this wholesale denouncement after watching a single episode was just bizarre.

I have seen the episode, and I have the feeling it's going for something different than The Mandalorian, something slower and more contemplative, and I have yet to decide whether I will like that. While Magary was down on the casting of Temuera Morrison here, I believe in continuity (he played Jango Fett in the prequel trilogy and voiced adult Boba and the Stormtroopers, so he should live-action play all of his clones*) and had no problem with it.

With Betty White's death in the news, it seems fitting to make this comparison.

The Book of Boba Fett (premiered December 29, 2021)

Temuera Morrison, age 61
    Ming-Na Wen, age 58
    Jennifer Beals, age 58

The Golden Girls (premiered September 14, 1985)

Betty White, age 63
    Bea Arthur, age 63
    Estelle Getty, age 62
    Rue McClanahan, age 51

*Thinking about it more now, it's interesting that Boba Fett escapes from the Sarlacc using resources off his "brother", some unknown half-digested Stormtrooper.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Drew Magary, SFGate: 'The Book of Boba Fett' premiere is an abysmal failure on every level

Magary provided some entertainment value while at Deadspin and on that episode of Chopped (NSFW review by former NFL player Chris Kluwe), but this wholesale denouncement after watching a single episode was just bizarre.

I have seen the episode, and I have the feeling it's going for something different than The Mandalorian, something slower and more contemplative, and I have yet to decide whether I will like that. While Magary was down on the casting of Temuera Morrison here, I believe in continuity (he played Jango Fett in the prequel trilogy and voiced adult Boba and the Stormtroopers, so he should live-action play all of his clones*) and had no problem with it.

With Betty White's death in the news, it seems fitting to make this comparison.

The Book of Boba Fett (premiered December 29, 2021)

Temuera Morrison, age 61
    Ming-Na Wen, age 58
    Jennifer Beals, age 58

The Golden Girls (premiered September 14, 1985)

Betty White, age 63
    Bea Arthur, age 63
    Estelle Getty, age 62
    Rue McClanahan, age 51

*Thinking about it more now, it's interesting that Boba Fett escapes from the Sarlacc using resources off his "brother", some unknown half-digested Stormtrooper.
    Wow. I think Drew is taking this a bit too seriously, eh?

It’s a fun story. It was a fine episode. Get over yourself, Drew.

Wow. I think Drew is taking this a bit too seriously, eh?

It’s a fun story. It was a fine episode. Get over yourself, Drew.
    Yeah. Trying to be the Stephen A of entertainment critics.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Spoiler

I just watched Chapter 1. I thought it was very cool from start to finish!

Loved the way it started with Fett alive inside the sand monster, where he fell in SW Episode VI. I'm not sure exactly how this time line goes with all the jumping around. I've never watched any of the animated series so I don't have any of the background info.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I just watched Chapter 1. I thought it was very cool from start to finish!

Loved the way it started with Fett alive inside the sand monster, where he fell in SW Episode VI. I'm not sure exactly how this time line goes with all the jumping around. I've never watched any of the animated series so I don't have any of the background info.
    The sand monster?

The SAND MONSTER?!

Seriously. I can't even.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    The sand monster?

The SAND MONSTER?!

Seriously. I can't even.
    Well sarlaccs aren't known for being "cute and fuzzy sand creatures". I don't think the one in that pit got his feelings hurt too much by Ozzie's comment.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

The sand monster?

The SAND MONSTER?!

Seriously. I can't even.
    What? It's not a sand monster? What the hell is it then?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

A Dirt Devil.

“Prove me wrong.”

(Hell, I had to have my son explain who Boba Fett was, and why I should care.)

A Dirt Devil.

“Prove me wrong.”

(Hell, I had to have my son explain who Boba Fett was, and why I should care.)
    Birds are real

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Birds are real
    “The Force is strong with this one”

It’s then sarlacc!!!

I enjoyed the second episode… the raider storyline was a bit cliche, but… and loved the intro of the Hutts and the Wookie bounty Hunter.

It’s then sarlacc!!!

I enjoyed the second episode… the raider storyline was a bit cliche, but… and loved the intro of the Hutts and the Wookie bounty Hunter.
    Didn’t know that #2 was out — are they doing them on Wednesdays? I need to synchronize schedules with my son.

Yes, Wednesdays.

Decent episode. As was said, a bit cliche, but fun nonetheless.

The Pyke Syndicate is one of my favorite collections of Star Wars baddies. (They were ones running the train.) They are well known for not being nice once you get on their bad side. Since Boba lets them all walk off, it will be interesting to see how their relationship unfolds. As a crime lord, they are allies he'd want.

I'm totally curious about the Tusken that trained Boba. Is it a he or a she? Regardless, he/she also seems to be very fast and nimble for a Tusken, shall I say even almost Jedi-esque? (Yes, I shall say so.) Watching him/her make their way through the train disposing of Pykes at will was a hoot.

PS...the psychedelic lizard was great.

It’s then sarlacc!!!

This article has a really good history of that Wookiee, Black Krrsantan.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/hist...201716403.html