Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 124
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Biggest name yet to pull out of the restart: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...amily-concerns

    While Bradley isn't a top 3 player for the Lakers, he started 44 of 49 games this season and is arguably the Lakers' best on-ball guard defender.

    Big loss. And now they're thinking about Mr Liability to take this place: JR Smith.

    Silver must be sweating bullets. All these role players backing out is fine (Bradley, Ariza), but once a big name player backs out, it could cause a chain reaction. Fortunately, plenty of time before the restart (July 31).
    I think I saw somewhere that Nikola Jokic has tested positive, too.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I think I saw somewhere that Nikola Jokic has tested positive, too.
    Given the NBA restart is more than a month away, high probability he'll be back on the court with antibodies, meaning he can't get COVID nor can he give COVID.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

    President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Now that the schedule has been posted it’s time to bring this back to page 1.

    First up: Jazz -Pelicans at 6:30 on 7/30.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    Now that the schedule has been posted it’s time to bring this back to page 1.

    First up: Jazz -Pelicans at 6:30 on 7/30.
    Rudy Gobert, the first NBA player to test positive, still hasn't fully recovered. He says:

    “The taste has returned, but the smell is still not 100%. I can smell the smells, but not from afar. I spoke to specialists, who told me that it could take up to a year.”

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Rudy Gobert, the first NBA player to test positive, still hasn't fully recovered. He says:

    “The taste has returned, but the smell is still not 100%. I can smell the smells, but not from afar. I spoke to specialists, who told me that it could take up to a year.”
    Well that stinks.*


    *And I know. I lost my sense of smell too.**


    **Five years ago.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Rudy Gobert, the first NBA player to test positive, still hasn't fully recovered. He says:

    “The taste has returned, but the smell is still not 100%. I can smell the smells, but not from afar. I spoke to specialists, who told me that it could take up to a year.”
    I assume, since this disease has been in the general awareness for about six months, "up to a year" is an optimistic guess.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Well that stinks.
    Actually no, it doesn’t.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Well that stinks.
    Smells fishy?
    President of the Marshall Plumlee fan club!

  9. #89
    Deandre Jordan out after testing positive: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ve-coronavirus

    I would *love* to be watching actual basketball games in a month, but that seems a long way away at this point.
    Carolina delenda est

  10. I have a friend who says a lot of stupid things. He's still my friend though. Until he does something truly awful, like commit a crime, I've got his back for better or worse.

    Kyrie is not a friend but he is someone I supported through Duke basketball. He says a lot of things that don't look too good. But he hasn't done anything awful, and have done many good things. How did he get on this 9-person committee? Obviously he has some level of support from his fraternity. He can be on my basketball team any time.

    If we're all abandoned because of a stupid thing we said, there's a few even on this board that will be on their own. Comments about female Asian golfers come to mind, for example.

    The press has a way of making people look bad.

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Adam Silver now says he is "fairly confident" the NBA season will happen, which is another way of saying that he's (justifiably) worried.

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by ice-9 View Post
    I have a friend who says a lot of stupid things. He's still my friend though. Until he does something truly awful, like commit a crime, I've got his back for better or worse.

    Kyrie is not a friend but he is someone I supported through Duke basketball. He says a lot of things that don't look too good. But he hasn't done anything awful, and have done many good things. How did he get on this 9-person committee? Obviously he has some level of support from his fraternity. He can be on my basketball team any time.

    If we're all abandoned because of a stupid thing we said, there's a few even on this board that will be on their own. Comments about female Asian golfers come to mind, for example.

    The press has a way of making people look bad.
    We may have the same friend.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    We may have the same friend.
    If it's someone here, we ALL have the same friend.

  14. #94
    Zion is definitely looking ready to go. Some good twitter responses to the NOP tweet in here:

    https://bleacherreport.com/zion-pic-has-twitter-buzzing

  15. #95
    I'm sure a layoff from March until whenever next season starts is difficult for these guys. But this seems like a risk not worth taking.

    With the desire still strong among the eight teams not invited to the NBA's restart to avoid an eight-month layoff between formal group activities, Chicago has emerged as a potential landing spot for a second "bubble" environment, sources confirmed.

    ESPN's Jackie MacMullan reported that the NBA is "closing in" on this second bubble, which NBPA executive director Michele Roberts said last week would have to meet the same safety protocols as the one created in Orlando, Fla. for the 22-team restart. Roberts has insisted any such scenario would have to follow the same quarantining protocol to which the 22 teams in Orlando are subjecting themselves.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-nba...220643246.html
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    I don't get it. If you're not going to have fans in the seats and you're going to keep people in one place, why not go to some place like Wyoming or South Dakota? You don't need a place like Chicago under current circumstances.

    Do what the NWSL is doing. Utah makes a lot more sense to me than Orlando or Chicago.

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    I don't get it. If you're not going to have fans in the seats and you're going to keep people in one place, why not go to some place like Wyoming or South Dakota? You don't need a place like Chicago under current circumstances.

    Do what the NWSL is doing. Utah makes a lot more sense to me than Orlando or Chicago.
    I imagine the logic was that Orlando has the huge facility, and before they got stupid down there with the virus, it wasn't a crazy choice. Now it is. I hope they don't have to pull the plug, but I bet they will.

  18. So apparently Kyrie is not the only person who 1) thinks playing basketball will take away from BLM, and 2) thinks players should not play because of health concerns.

    https://www.espn.com.sg/nba/story/_/...rt-coronavirus

    But yeah, he's a flat-earther, so obviously he's weird and crazy and undeserving of support from Duke fans.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by ice-9 View Post
    So apparently Kyrie is not the only person who 1) thinks playing basketball will take away from BLM, and 2) thinks players should not play because of health concerns.

    https://www.espn.com.sg/nba/story/_/...rt-coronavirus

    But yeah, he's a flat-earther, so obviously he's weird and crazy and undeserving of support from Duke fans.
    As I mentioned earlier, if Kyrie had phrased his comments in a different way, we might be celebrating his leadership instead of making fun.

    Of course, the NBA has an opportunity to be gun shy with the virus, but say they are canceling to focus on BLM...

    Not that any massive corporation would do something like that of course.

  20. Isn't the content and message more important than mere words?

Similar Threads

  1. Zion is not coming back
    By BD80 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-05-2019, 02:55 PM
  2. It's official: Tre's coming back!
    By Wander in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 05-30-2019, 07:09 AM
  3. WBB: Amber's coming back!
    By dudog84 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-18-2015, 01:11 PM
  4. Tiger is coming back!
    By OZZIE4DUKE in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 03:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •