Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Some would say that Duke football has been practicing socially distanced seating the past several seasons(announced attendance averages of 25-27K/40K WW capacity).
    "Play and practice like you are trying to make the team." --Coach K

Go student only...

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    They could socially distance if just the students attended and used the whole stadium. Not sure this will happen but it would allow spectators.
    Generally a lurker, but been thinking about this (maybe because my daughter starts at Duke this fall). Going all student using the whole arena for about half capacity (if allowable in January) would be a great Duke move, and I am sure that the Crazies would have a lot of fun, socially distancing distraction antics that could create a whole new environment in Cameron. As for football, we already have a lot of experience with socially distant football, so shouldn't be a problem.

Have fans at home, pipe their collective yelling into Cameron via the magic of the internetz...Coach K may want to design a filter that suits him...

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Hell, Oly jumped my butt for jokingly praising Woodrow Wilson.

Much to y’all’s chagrin, no doubt, I still post regardless.
    And get off your lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Have fans at home, pipe their collective yelling into Cameron via the magic of the internetz...Coach K may want to design a filter that suits him...
    Wanker?

Put a court on the football field. Let folks spread Out in the stadium

Just kiddin.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanarkel View Post
    Some would say that Duke football has been practicing socially distanced seating the past several seasons(announced attendance averages of 25-27K/40K WW capacity).
    Ouch. That’s going to leave a mark.

Maybe we should ask our friends in Chapel Hill about this...they have lots of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    Maybe we should ask our friends in Chapel Hill about this...they have lots of experience.
    Our what? Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    And get off your lawn.
    Hey!! I'm not the Prime Minister of Australia!

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...uncement-video

Duke sets up 9000 IPads on tripods in Cameron . Folks FaceTime in and yell and cheer. Come up with some crazy flashing app to distract players during free throw shooting. Virtual Crazies

Duke sets up 9000 IPads on tripods in Cameron . Folks FaceTime in and yell and cheer. Come up with some crazy flashing app to distract players during free throw shooting. Virtual Crazies
    Tim Cook knows where we can get some...

What about our Cameron sellout records?

Tim Cook knows where we can get some...
    Important discussion. And lots of good ideas as well as other kinds of ideas...:-)

What about our records [which I hear were mostly genuine] for selling out Cameron?!

Can we still sell some tickets, and have the students submit proxy cards? Do their iPods on tripods count as dukelifer suggests? Virtual Crazies!

I'm a Wanker for saying this, but could we see how UNC handled students not going to class, but their attendance still counted. I don't usually go to the Dark Side, but couldn't pass it up. [And I happen to have respect for most UNC players, as do most of our own guys. but I digress.]

Please help, this is gnawing at me. Not really, really, but it would be nice to see us figure this out.

Oh, and I really, really hope that our team gets to play basketball! That is definitely gnawing at me.
    “I love it. Coach, when we came here, we had a three-hour meeting about the core values. If you really represent the core values, it means diving on the floor, sacrificing your body for your teammates, no matter how much you’re up by or how much you’re down by, always playing hard.” -- Zion

Quote Originally Posted by hustleplays View Post
    Important discussion. And lots of good ideas as well as other kinds of ideas...:-)

What about our records [which I hear were mostly genuine] for selling out Cameron?!

Can we still sell some tickets, and have the students submit proxy cards? Do their iPods on tripods count as dukelifer suggests? Virtual Crazies!

I'm a Wanker for saying this, but could we see how UNC handled students not going to class, but their attendance still counted. I don't usually go to the Dark Side, but couldn't pass it up. [And I happen to have respect for most UNC players, as do most of our own guys. but I digress.]

Please help, this is gnawing at me. Not really, really, but it would be nice to see us figure this out.

Oh, and I really, really hope that our team gets to play basketball! That is definitely gnawing at me.
    if all available tickets are allocated, it's a sell out, regardless of capacity....or how many are actually "sold"
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    if all available tickets are allocated, it's a sell out, regardless of capacity...or how many are actually "sold"
    yes, we've had football "sellouts" where you could have squeezed in an extra 20,000 people or so...same for hoops, quite a few evident voids in the student section (and elsewhere) from time to time.

if all available tickets are allocated, it's a sell out, regardless of capacity...or how many are actually "sold"
    Every time I see a game and the corners are totally empty I realize what a bogus record this is for us to advertise. If there are two people at a game but we have "allocated" the tickets to the good people of Aruba but they couldn't make the trip, would that be a sellout?

Quote Originally Posted by Spanarkel View Post
    Some would say that Duke football has been practicing socially distanced seating the past several decades (announced attendance averages of 25-27K/40K WW capacity).
    Clarification.

Not picking on you as we've been among the real/live attendees for the last ~17 years (why so short? raising kids comes with a price, well, lots of them, but, when our middle child went to Duke, we became regulars in the Blue Lots tenting and then on Devil's Alley) and have seen those "crowds" up close and personal.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

That ought to be cost effective.

That was easy!

So that I understand your point, We could allocate, say, three tickets, and voila we have a sellout!

I just hit my "That Was Easy!" button -- thanks!
    “I love it. Coach, when we came here, we had a three-hour meeting about the core values. If you really represent the core values, it means diving on the floor, sacrificing your body for your teammates, no matter how much you’re up by or how much you’re down by, always playing hard.” -- Zion

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Every time I see a game and the corners are totally empty I realize what a bogus record this is for us to advertise. If there are two people at a game but we have "allocated" the tickets to the good people of Aruba but they couldn't make the trip, would that be a sellout?
    the corners are "sold" to the student body pre-season, and paid for by the student activities fee.

Covering seats and then reporting sellouts is a long-honed tradition at the professional level.
    1200. DDMF.