Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go SpaceX!!!!!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Go SpaceX!!!!!

That was so awesome! Much needed literal uplift in a time of such seeming darkness.
    It was beautiful to watch, and I loved how they had the tandem shot of Bob & Doug in the Dragon while the Falcon 9 touched back down perfectly.
    So so so awesome!

PS...Go America, too!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    That was so awesome! Much needed literal uplift in a time of such seeming darkness.
    It was beautiful to watch, and I loved how they had the tandem shot of Bob & Doug in the Dragon while the Falcon 9 touched back down perfectly.
    So so so awesome!
    They took off, eh?

Great to see!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    They took off, eh?

Great to see!
    Bob&Doug.jpg
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

So . . .is Elon Musk a genius or a hoser?

The mission still has a long way to go, but the launch was a lot more flawless than CNN’s coverage of it.

So so so awesome!

PS...Go America, too!
    I second that emotion!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I second that emotion!
    You got that notion?

The mission still has a long way to go, but the launch was a lot more flawless than CNN’s coverage of it.
    I went with the source...NASA TV

That was really awesome. My older kid is roughly the same age as I was at the time of Challenger so I was hesitant to let him watch, but I'm glad I did. Safe travels to the crew. Will they be broadcasting the docking tomorrow morning?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    That was really awesome. My older kid is roughly the same age as I was at the time of Challenger so I was hesitant to let him watch, but I'm glad I did. Safe travels to the crew. Will they be broadcasting the docking tomorrow morning?
    I remember watching the coverage of Challenger in the Phi Kap section (first floor Wilson House). Still vivid.

I believe the answer that question is an emphatic, "YES! He is!"

Best quote of the coverage I saw, "This mission will either be a successful launch, or a failure". Ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I believe the answer that question is an emphatic, "YES! He is!"

Best quote of the coverage I saw, "This mission will either be a successful launch, or a failure". Ya think?
    Someone should tell that person there is more than one type of failure.

Weather delays, for instance, are much better than rapid unscheduled disassembly.

They left Earth. Good choice right about now.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

They will have live coverage of the docking with the ISS at 10:29 am EDT this morning.

Docked!

What did they do with Jules Bergman???

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    They left Earth. Good choice right about now.
    Yeah. As far as I know, no muder hornets in space.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Yeah. As far as I know, no muder hornets in space.
    Murder hornets were just a diversionary tactic by the animal kingdom to distract us from the real danger:

Virus-pilfering monkeys.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/monkeys...les-lab-india/

Or Wuhan Bats.

Canning the Space Shuttle was the best choice. I was a bit angry at the time, but the things SpaceX has been able to do are just amazing. Whoever thought we'd see reusable rockets!

The costs SpaceX has been able to hit are really game changing. Their ride sharing is also quite amazing and giving smaller businesses access to space they might not have had before.

To be honest, I'm more looking forward to the new Mars Rover set to launch in a few months. THAT thing is cool (60 minutes last night).