The final RSCI has been published.

Duke recruits:

Jalen Johnson: #11
    Jeremy Roach: #20
    DJ Steward: #24
    Mark Williams: #25
    Jaemyn Brakefield: #33
    Henry Coleman: #49

According to the RSCI gurus, Duke has the #2 recruiting class in the country, close behind #1 Kentucky and far ahead of #3 UNC.

I was wondering when the final RSCI would be released. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    According to the RSCI gurus, Duke has the #2 recruiting class in the country, close behind #1 Kentucky and far ahead of #3 UNC.
    But you buried the real headline: "If the G League were an actual college team, it would have come in 4th overall. It isn't, so it didn't."

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    But you buried the real headline: "If the G League were an actual college team, it would have come in 4th overall. It isn't, so it didn't."
    Saw it, agreed with it, thought it was funny but wasn't sure why it mattered.

In 2003, the players who didn't play in college were #1 LeBron James, #4 Ndubi Ebi, #5 Kendrick Perkins, #14 Travis Outlaw, and #20 James Lang. Would've been the #1 class by a lot (the actual #1 class, LSU, had just #12, #24, and #37), but you'd expect the guys good enough to be picked by the NBA to be the best "recruiting class." Yeah, it's only the G-League this year, but these guys were recruited by the League. If the experiment works for Green, Nix, Todd, and Soto, expect future G-League "recruiting classes" to be #1 almost every year.

Thanks for posting!

Maybe it's just me

I don't get Tennessee's #4 ranking. Or perhaps I am underestimating Rick Barnes.

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    I don't get Tennessee's #4 ranking. Or perhaps I am underestimating Rick Barnes.
    There are only four teams in the nation with more than one top 25 recruit, and Tennessee is one of them.

FWIW, Duke has the most top 25 recruits in the country, with four.

That's the part that I find confusing

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    There are only four teams in the nation with more than one top 25 recruit, and Tennessee is one of them.
    Maybe it's just me, but if I were a top 25er, I would try to find a better coach. But then again I was never a top 25 recruit, except for my intramural team.

As far as the number of top 25 recruits, the numbers you posted are quite different compared to Duke's recent recruiting classes:

Jalen Johnson: #11
    Jeremy Roach: #20
    DJ Steward: #24
    Mark Williams: #25
    Jaemyn Brakefield: #33
    Henry Coleman: #49

I can only hope that some of these guys stay around so that we can get to know them better. It's hard for me to believe that Jayson Tatum, Harry Giles, and Frank Jackson were in the same recruiting class as Javin and Jack. It seems like they were here ten years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    As far as the number of top 25 recruits, the numbers you posted are quite different compared to Duke's recent recruiting classes:
    Yeah, it's a different kind of class for us, with no top 10 recruits, only one top 15, but four top 25. The only year in the RSCI era that we had a similar profile was the class that were freshmen in 2007, which included one top 10 (#10 Gerald Henderson -- perhaps analogous to #11 Jalen Johnson) and three other top 25-ish (#20 Lance Thomas; #25 Brian Zoubek; #28 Jon Scheyer -- perhaps analogous to #20 Jeremy Roach; #24 DJ Steward; #25 Mark Williams). That class obviously had a lot of issues as freshmen, lost its top guy three years in, and then won a national championship built around the remaining three top 30 seniors (although with the addition of a top 10 junior, a top 20 junior, and two top 20 freshmen and a top 25-ish freshman).

FWIW, in the 21st century, Duke has had an average of 5.4 top 25 guys on its roster. If you add in high-performance transfers (e.g., Seth Curry, Dahntay Jones, Rodney Hood) and guys who overachieved a bit (e.g., #26 Mike Dunleavy, #28 Jon Scheyer, #31 Quinn Cook, #33 Cassius Stanley), the average increases to 6.6. This coming season, we'll have 6 top 25 guys on the roster.