Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC

    Patrick Ewing hospitalized with COVID-19


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA.
    I hope he gets better soon. I remember sitting in the stands watching him play in the NCAA tournament. That was a very talented and exciting Georgetown team, and Ewing was phenomenal.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    In the summer of 1982, I was doing a PPS internship with a DC lobbying group and lived in Georgetown Us Village A apartments. Late one evening, I was alone in the laundry room and Ewing entered, seeing that someone had taken his clothes out of the dryer. Fortunately, my things were still in the washer because that giant man was angry! Im 64 myself but that guy dwarfed me.

    I hope he recovers quickly. He was a great player and I hope he proves to be a great coach as well.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlBluRew View Post
    In the summer of 1982, I was doing a PPS internship with a DC lobbying group and lived in Georgetown Us Village A apartments. Late one evening, I was alone in the laundry room and Ewing entered, seeing that someone had taken his clothes out of the dryer. Fortunately, my things were still in the washer because that giant man was angry! Im 64 myself but that guy dwarfed me.

    I hope he recovers quickly. He was a great player and I hope he proves to be a great coach as well.
    Ewing has to be in the higher risk group as he hasn't played for years. Best wishes for his speedy recovery.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    Ewing has to be in the higher risk group as he hasn't played for years. Best wishes for his speedy recovery.
    Also, when he did last play it was In New York.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Also, when he did last play it was In New York.
    He played his last year for Orlando. And Seattle the year before that.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    He played his last year for Orlando. And Seattle the year before that.
    Seattle? No team there...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-20-2020, 04:41 PM
  2. Native American COVID relief and a Duke connection
    By clinresga in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-07-2020, 06:57 AM
  3. Patrick Ewing nearly went to UNC if not for the KKK?
    By nmduke2001 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-17-2013, 12:11 PM
  4. A Clemson player supporting hospitalized kids
    By Jim3k in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-08-2011, 09:56 PM
  5. Capel Hospitalized
    By MulletMan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 04:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •