Get off my lawn!

All of this week’s rain here in the south appears to have brought a new visitor to my lawn. Last night I took a picture of this crayfish wandering through the grass here in Cary, NC. I don’t live near any notable body of water — just your typical retention ponds in the area. In 16 years here in the triangle, I’ve never seen a crayfish on my or any other lawn. Anyone else seen this before and/or have any insight? Or is this the first sign of the Armageddon?

29540904-2CF6-40CC-B3D0-EEBAF1ED60CC.jpg
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Crayfish are often found away from water. Here in the yard of my business in New Bern, we have mounds popping up from time to time that they make. In fact, it had me so curious that I looked it up earlier this week and found this informative link.

Pretty amazing how many species we have.
    https://www.ncpedia.org/crayfish-nc-wins
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I've got some voles in my yard, in my garden in particular. They are hitting the onions hard. Traps have been set, so far unsuccessful. There will be reprisals. You take one of mine, I take two of yours!

They make excellent bass bait. No other critter is imitated so much in plastic baits with the possible exception of worms..

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I've got some voles in my yard, in my garden in particular. They are hitting the onions hard. Traps have been set, so far unsuccessful. There will be reprisals. You take one of mine, I take two of yours!
    Get a cat, or catch a black rat snake and release him in your garden. Black rat snakes will ,put a huge dent in your vole issues. We had rats take up housekeeping in my barn a few years ago. I caught a black rat snake and released him in the barn. Within a month, we saw fewer and fewer rats.. Have not seen one in two years.
    We still see "Charlie" ( my youngest granddaughter's name for the snake) on guard from time to time.