Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Jack White crushed it on snl. Great song choices. Led me & my son down a YouTube wormhole of greatest guitarists ever. That's a fantastic way to burn an hour by the way.

As for new not classic rock: anyone else enjoying the Coriky album? Reminds me a bit of In on the Kill Taker. Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    I loved It Might Get Loud. If you haven't seen it, you should check out Under Great White Northern Lights. Worth it!
    Will definitely check it out the film. Thanks for the rec. Forgot to mention in It Might Get Loud the inclusion of Chapel Hill's Flat Duo Jets, Dex and Sara (RIP) Romweber, which is very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by mpj96 View Post
    Jack White crushed it on snl. Great song choices. Led me & my son down a YouTube wormhole of greatest guitarists ever. That's a fantastic way to burn an hour by the way.
    There’s a great UTube video of the three Yardbird lead guitarist’s together on stage playing LayLa. Clapton, Beck and Page. You could burn an hour on just them.

I don't know if this band has been discussed earlier in this thread, but Scary Pockets is fantastic if you like funk at all. Theymspend a lot of their time funkifying non-funk songs. Just got through listening to their version of Pumped Up Kicks. Just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I don't know if this band has been discussed earlier in this thread, but Scary Pockets is fantastic if you like funk at all. Theymspend a lot of their time funkifying non-funk songs. Just got through listening to their version of Pumped Up Kicks. Just awesome.
    Tasty

Not sure which thread this belongs on, because it’s old but certainly not classic rock:

B Movie Boxcar Blues Is one of the best tracks ever laid. Prove me wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rol...s-1076829/amp/

Great new artist (stage name is Beabadoobee) from London. Her debut album “Fake It Flowers” just came out on October 16; I like it a heckuva lot. Start with the song called “Trouble” — you will be instantly transported back to the early 90’s.

I found about her from my high school sophomore son about a year ago. Apparently, she is all the rage among he and his musician friends. She’s released four EPs since September of 2017 but this is her first full studio album. Highly recommended.