Lawyerly advice - EEOC

Wondering if any resident lawyers have EEOC complaint experience. My wife was named in an EEOC complaint filed by a former senior leader of a non-profit. My wife is junior to this person. She voiced corcerns to the president about this person’s behavior but was not involved in the termination, which was reviewed and approved by the board. The complaint was that it was an age-related termination.

The person has multiple formal complaints on file that include two assessments by outside HR auditors than found this person violated the ethical code of conduct and created a hostile work environment. This person was prone to very animated and angry outbursts.

I don’t know the merits of this person’s case but am concerned that my wife was named in the complaint. The organization has a lawyer.

What if anything should we do to protect ourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Wondering if any resident lawyers have EEOC complaint experience. My wife was named in an EEOC complaint filed by a former senior leader of a non-profit. My wife is junior to this person. She voiced corcerns to the president about this person’s behavior but was not involved in the termination, which was reviewed and approved by the board. The complaint was that it was an age-related termination.

The person has multiple formal complaints on file that include two assessments by outside HR auditors than found this person violated the ethical code of conduct and created a hostile work environment. This person was prone to very animated and angry outbursts.

I don’t know the merits of this person’s case but am concerned that my wife was named in the complaint. The organization has a lawyer.

What if anything should we do to protect ourselves?
    Is your wife an employee of the organization named in the complaint? I don’t do this stuff on the employee side (and don’t get involved in the finer details on the employer side), but generally an organization has both a duty and an interest in defending employees names in complaints.
    Carolina delenda est

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Is your wife an employee of the organization named in the complaint? I don’t do this stuff on the employee side (and don’t get involved in the finer details on the employer side), but generally an organization has both a duty and an interest in defending employees names in complaints.
    Yes. The organization is named and she’s an employee. The organization has a lawyer. From what I understand, this person could outside of the EEOC, whether acknowledged or rejected, could bring suit against my wife the individual, too.

I’m more thinking about what I should be doing I. The worst case scenario.

I’d be shocked if the EEOC found in her favor based on what I know about the long path to their termination but I also don’t know everything.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yes. The organization is named and she’s an employee. The organization has a lawyer. From what I understand, this person could outside of the EEOC, whether acknowledged or rejected, could bring suit against my wife the individual, too.

I’m more thinking about what I should be doing I. The worst case scenario.

I’d be shocked if the EEOC found in her favor based on what I know about the long path to their termination but I also don’t know everything.
    Message sent
    Carolina delenda est