Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chase Jeter eying a payout from his Duke career

Chase Jeter is selling off his Duke gear on Instagram

https://www.si.com/college/duke/bask...duke-equipment

He responds to the haters via his EYEG account:

yhase_
    A lot of our fears derive from the things that we do not understand. During this time in quarantine eye have worked towards embracing some of those fears and straying away from old habits. In doing so, eye have set out goals for myself and my family in regards to our health and well being all in hopes for leading a healthier lifestyle in which we are more in tune with the mind, soul, and body. Recently eye have received some backlash for my actions regarding the sale of my own Duke apparel and memorabilia that eye wore during my tenure there. Eye am
    eternally grateful for my experiences, relationships, and memories that were made during my time there, likewise to my time at Arizona. A lot of what was physically left behind in terms of old gear and jerseys did not hold the same sentimental value in my mind and heart as those same memories, relationships, and the feeling of playing in that uniform does. As eye am no longer an amateur under the rules of the NCAA in which Eye made zero dollars off of my name, image, likeness... eye am not only allowed to choose what eye want to do with my old apparel, but eye have earned the right to profit. A wise man once said, “wealth is in the mind and not the pocket” With that being said, with the proceeds eye have earned from the sale of my old memorabilia Eye decided to invest in a Kangen Water machine. A major step in the process of becoming is managing health. Eye am choosing to live a life filled with peace, love, positivity and for me it starts with the water eye am drinking on a daily basis. Health is wealth. Thank you to everyone who has supported my journey and if you want to know more about the water you drink, fear not to ask questions... Peace and Love🤘🏽💙💚🌍💧🌿👁 #OpenYourEye

Eye don't have a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    And eye don't care what he does. Eye just hope he and his family remain healthy and safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post

yhase_
    A lot of our fears derive from the things that we do not understand. During this time in quarantine eye have worked towards embracing some of those fears and straying away from old habits. In doing so, eye have set out goals for myself and my family in regards to our health and well being all in hopes for leading a healthier lifestyle in which we are more in tune with the mind, soul, and body. Recently eye have received some backlash for my actions regarding the sale of my own Duke apparel and memorabilia that eye wore during my tenure there. Eye am
    eternally grateful for my experiences, relationships, and memories that were made during my time there, likewise to my time at Arizona. A lot of what was physically left behind in terms of old gear and jerseys did not hold the same sentimental value in my mind and heart as those same memories, relationships, and the feeling of playing in that uniform does. As eye am no longer an amateur under the rules of the NCAA in which Eye made zero dollars off of my name, image, likeness... eye am not only allowed to choose what eye want to do with my old apparel, but eye have earned the right to profit. A wise man once said, “wealth is in the mind and not the pocket” With that being said, with the proceeds eye have earned from the sale of my old memorabilia Eye decided to invest in a Kangen Water machine. A major step in the process of becoming is managing health. Eye am choosing to live a life filled with peace, love, positivity and for me it starts with the water eye am drinking on a daily basis. Health is wealth. Thank you to everyone who has supported my journey and if you want to know more about the water you drink, fear not to ask questions... Peace and Love🤘🏽💙💚🌍💧🌿👁 #OpenYourEye
    I'm not sure I (eye?) understand this mumbo jumbo.

Doesn't matter though, good luck to him, he seemed like a good guy when he was at Duke.

More power to him.

Kind of a cringe but I hope he's ok and makes whatever money he or his family needs. Good luck young man.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Kind of a cringe but I hope he's ok and makes whatever money he or his family needs. Good luck young man.
    Via Con Dios.

Go With God.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post

yhase_

Interesting lens through which to look at things. Kind of an amusing post, if a little vitreous humor.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    And eye don't care what he does. Eye just hope he and his family remain healthy and safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    I'm not sure I (eye?) understand this mumbo jumbo.

Doesn't matter though, good luck to him, he seemed like a good guy when he was at Duke.
    I got no problem with Chase Jeter. Nice kid --academic All-ACC in his one year at Duke. Liked the school -- didn't like the hoops program. C'est la vie. Bonne chance!
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by TywinBlue View Post
    Via Con Dios.

Go With God.
    Vaya con dios is correct translation...

Something tells me chase and Bill Walton would get along.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Interesting lens through which to look at things. Kind of an amusing post, if a little vitreous humor.
    Iris you would stop making puns. I'm cilious.

Oh, and by the way, WTH is he talking about with the 'water machine'?

Never mind. I looked it up. Alkaline water. What a farce. I don't understand this idea at all. Your body carefully regulates its acid-base balance. It has a nice system of buffers, etc that it uses to make sure your pH is always maintained at the proper values. They call it homeostasis for a reason. Nobody really thinks that one can change one's acid-base balance by drinking alkaline water, right? I mean, if it were that easy to alter your acid-base balance, I know a couple of people who would have phosphoric acid for blood by now what with all the coke they consume.

I wish him the best, but alkaline water is a crock.
    Last edited by rsvman; 05-11-2020 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I got no problem with Chase Jeter. Nice kid --academic All-ACC in his one year at Duke. Liked the school -- didn't like the hoops program. C'est la vie. Bonne chance!
    He had problems at AZ. Almost fell out of the rotation his senior year. Missed quite a few games due to back spasms (like at Duke) and was suspended for last two regular season games (for "violation of team rules").

Not to mention wasting that money on alkaline water. Should just flush it down the toilet instead.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I agree. May he raise enough to get the finest Kangen Water machine that money can buy.

At least I think that is his goal. Attempting to comprehend his message made my head hurt - maybe I need a Kangen Water machine too!

Maybe I just need to learn what I Kangen Water machine is.

On a serious note, I really do wish him well. As far as I could tell, he seemed like a good kid while he was at Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Not to mention wasting that money on alkaline water. Should just flush it down the toilet instead.
    Sadly, he’s misguided on the magic water, but if he doesn’t want the Duke stuff, so be it. Maybe he’s too close to the Walton belt.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Iris you would stop making puns. I'm cilious.

Oh, and by the way, WTH is he talking about with the 'water machine'?

Never mind. I looked it up. Alkaline water. What a farce. I don't understand this idea at all. Your body carefully regulates its acid-base balance. It has a nice system of buffers, etc that it uses to make sure your pH is always maintained at the proper values. They call it homeostasis for a reason. Nobody really thinks that one can change one's acid-base balance by drinking alkaline water, right? I mean, if it were that easy to alter your acid-base balance, I know a couple of people who would have phosphoric acid for blood by now what with all the coke they consume.

I wish him the best, but alkaline water is a crock.
    Your first eye pun was much cornea than the second one!

I'm pretty sure there is a poster on this board who is an ophthalmologist in Durham. This is HIS thread!

Eye wonder what Jeter’s Swag went for? Eye might pay a few bills for Brotherhood warm up tee-shirt but eye fear nothing else would fit.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Vaya con dios is correct translation...
    Veyea, you mean.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Your first eye pun was much cornea than the second one!

I'm pretty sure there was a poster on this board who is an ophthalmologist in Durham. This is HIS thread!
    Minor correction.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.