Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buredemon View Post
    If you get a chance to read the affidavit and the correspondence between the lawyers--you should. The affiant, Donald Kreiss, appears to have gotten suckered in a sophisticated financial fraud where he thought he was loaning tens of thousands of dollars in exchange for millions later from Zion's marketing money. There appear to be fake phone calls, a fake license, fake signatures. If this plays out the way it looks, this is actually really sad for Kreiss. He may believe every word of that Affidavit.
    You've made TWO posts in 9 years? That's got to be some kind of record.

The driver's license is obviously photoshopped. The font sizes are all different, look especially at the zip code and the last two numbers don't match the first three. There is an accompanying document that Wallach also tweeted that includes the letter from Zion in which he admits receiving a loan. His name is literally misspelled in that document.

Exclamation

Proof that Zion took money.

5B59B7E1-E47E-4FBC-8955-2767100420B3.jpg
    Last edited by UrinalCake; 07-09-2020 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    Not everyone posts. We have a bunch of lurkers I wished would post more...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    The driver's license is obviously photoshopped. The font sizes are all different, look especially at the zip code and the last two numbers don't match the first three. There is an accompanying document that Wallach also tweeted that includes the letter from Zion in which he admits receiving a loan. His name is literally misspelled in that document.
    Yep...also, drivers licenses in SC (like most states) is vertical for under 21. So, it's literally the wrong way. In addition, the Governor is incorrect (at the time of the issue date) in the lower right...and as you mentioned, fonts are misaligned on the zip code and final E. Whoever did the forgery is worse than a fake ID shop!!

Finally, the signatures of the drivers license and document are IDENTICAL. Nobody signs exactly the same every time. They should be close, but not exactly the same...

Wait, do you mean to suggest that the zip code for Darlington, SC is not 29532?

Speaking of which, I thought Zion was from Spartanburg. Why would he have a driver’s license from Darlington? I understand that Derrick Rose (allegedly) had to travel from Chicago to Detroit to pass his SAT. Is Zion such a bad driver that he had to travel from Spartanburg to Darlington to pass his driver’s test?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Yep...also, drivers licenses in SC (like most states) is vertical for under 21. So, it's literally the wrong way. In addition, the Governor is incorrect (at the time of the issue date) in the lower right...and as you mentioned, fonts are misaligned on the zip code and final E. Whoever did the forgery is worse than a fake ID shop!!

Finally, the signatures of the drivers license and document are IDENTICAL. Nobody signs exactly the same every time. They should be close, but not exactly the same...
    Still would have worked to get you into Crazy Zack’s at Myrtle Beach underaged back in the day. Or so I hear...

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Not everyone posts. We have a bunch of lurkers I wished would post more...

-jk
    But, do we have a bunch of posters you wished would lurk more?

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Aside from the obvious photoshopping you mentioned, it takes all of 10 minutes on Google to see it's a fake DL (nevermind the Height/Weight thing). SC apparently changed the DL design in 2017 for Real ID, so a DL issued in 2018 would not have looked like that. But even if that were the correct design for 2018, a real SC DL uses the Zip+4, prints the expiration date in red, and uses a dash between the feet and inches for the height. Also, that doesn't look like Governor Henry McMaster's signature, either. The GIS results show a bunch of fake SC DLs, too, and they just so happen to look a lot like the Zion one. Who'd-a-thunk it?

DL Comparison.jpg
    Pre-2017 SC DL | Zion Forgery | 2017-Present DL
    (Click to embiggen)

This is a pretty blatant Rule 11* violation. If I were the judge I would seriously consider sanctioning Ford's attorneys if they don't withdraw the motion. Attorneys can't just go around submitting motions supported by exhibits that are obvious forgeries.

*Rule 11(b) essentially says that by signing a motion, pleading, or other paper submitted to the court, the attorney has conducted a reasonable inquiry into the matter and is certifying that, among other things, the factual contentions are supported by evidence. It's kind of a big deal, and violating Rule 11 is a big no-no that can carry with it substantial sanctions.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    This is a pretty blatant Rule 11* violation. If I were the judge I would seriously consider sanctioning Ford's attorneys if they don't withdraw the motion. Attorneys can't just go around submitting motions supported by exhibits that are obvious forgeries.

*Rule 11(b) essentially says that by signing a motion, pleading, or other paper submitted to the court, the attorney has conducted a reasonable inquiry into the matter and is certifying that, among other things, the factual contentions are supported by evidence. It's kind of a big deal, and violating Rule 11 is a big no-no that can carry with it substantial sanctions.
    It seems to me that Zion himself has grounds for a libel suit. That could end things quickly. "I drop mine, you drop yours."
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    It seems to me that Zion himself has grounds for a libel suit. That could end things quickly. "I drop mine, you drop yours."
    Ford's FL case is going to die on the vine when Zion wins his NC suit.

As a lawyer, I can't get over how egregious this filing is. "But Judge, how could we know it was all fake? I have an affidavit of a guy saying these are the copies of documents he was given by another guy who says he got the documents from Zion and his step-dad. I'm telling you, Judge, we did everything we could to vet this."

Sanction these clowns and report them to the disciplinary board.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

As a lawyer, I can't get over how egregious this filing is. "But Judge, how could we know it was all fake? I have an affidavit of a guy saying these are the copies of documents he was given by another guy who says he got the documents from Zion and his step-dad. I'm telling you, Judge, we did everything we could to vet this."

Not just libel for Ford and sanctions for the lawyers...wouldn't the fake ID and various other forgeries have a reasonable likelihood of leading to criminal charges given the high profile?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Not just libel for Ford and sanctions for the lawyers...wouldn't the fake ID and various other forgeries have a reasonable likelihood of leading to criminal charges given the high profile?
    They didn't make the forgeries, though. The scammer who defrauded the California man that signed the affidavit made them. That guy may already be in jail since he tried to defraud Luka Doncic in 2018.

What's wrong with his (or her) post? I appreciated it.

And in 2024 he will make his next post. I’m already anxiously awaiting it.

Looks like we've figured out Richard Linklater's DBR username!

“Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue.“— Proverbs 17:28

Quote Originally Posted by Buredemon View Post
    “Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue.“— Proverbs 17:28
    And then there is the quote, possibly from Maurice Switzer:
    "It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it."

Or the more succinct advice that I am usually not able follow:
    "Never miss a good chance to shut up." - Will Rogers

I even checked wikipedia...

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    And then there is the quote, possibly from Maurice Switzer:
    "It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it."
    Which is the great thing about social media...we get to see who all the idiots are.