Page 84 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 3288
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Has anyone seen the movie Europa Report? It popped up on my Prime last night, and looks interesting, along with good reviews. (80+% on RT) I'd never heard about it though. The trailer makes it look good, but then that's what trailers do.
    It has a bad audience score on RT (57%) so I know I probably wouldn’t like it. I almost always side with the public versus the critics.

As an example, Supertroopers has a 90% audience score on RT but only 35% for critics. I love me some Supertroopers!

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    It has a bad audience score on RT (57%) so I know I probably wouldn’t like it. I almost always side with the public versus the critics.

As an example, Supertroopers has a 90% audience score on RT but only 35% for critics. I love me some Supertroopers!
    I may have to go re-watch it meow.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post

Critics in general are not noted for having a great sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Critics in general are not noted for having a great sense of humor.
    Here’s a review: critics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    My wife and I started watching Ozark a few weeks ago. Last night we watched Season Three, Episode 1.

We used to watch a fair number of tv shows in the mid-90’s and early 2000’s — Seinfeld, Sopranos, the first few seasons of ER, a couple of the later seasons of Tales From the Crypt, etc. But once she began medical school at Duke all of that abruptly stopped…..until recently with Ozark. She’s seriously addicted to this show.

Should I be worried?
    I just hope for your sake she doesn’t identify too much with Darlene. Or Wendy. Ruth could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Anybody else as excited as I am for Jackass Forever this weekend?
    I missed the screening earlier this week but several critic friends who saw it just raved that it is hysterical.

Be warned there is a LOT of male nudity in it.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Here’s a review: critics suck.
    Want to know who really sucks? People who paint with a broad brush.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Hey!!!!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Has anyone seen the movie Europa Report? It popped up on my Prime last night, and looks interesting, along with good reviews. (80+% on RT) I'd never heard about it though. The trailer makes it look good, but then that's what trailers do.
    I saw it and thought was ok. It’s “found footage” style, which logically works for an abandoned ship (start of Expanse, etc), but which I think is a bit played out by now. It does build to a nice climax.

Otherwise, like a lot of weaker sci fi movies, the plot depends on crew members inexplicably doing the opposite of what any sensible safety protocols should dictate: “Well, my light's out and I’m outside of the ship on alien terrain…but I’m sure walking away to check on something in the dark won’t lead to any problems…”

I missed the screening earlier this week but several critic friends who saw it just raved that it is hysterical.

Be warned there is a LOT of male nudity in it.
    Whatever, I look at (beautiful, chiseled) male nudity in the mirror every day.
    But yeah, noted.
    Given my feelings on previous offerings in the franchise, I'm quite confident that I will enjoy it.

See. No sense of humor!

I hate intolerant people. And the Dutch.

(Austin Powers not me)

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I hate intolerant people. And the Dutch.

(Austin Powers not me)
    You see they have to take apart a major bridge in Rotterdam to get Bezos’ boat through?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You see they have to take apart a major bridge in Rotterdam to get Bezos’ boat through?
    Yup. I just hope he can afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Anybody else as excited as I am for Jackass Forever this weekend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    In a word, yes! I’m strongly considering buying tickets for the 9:45 showing at Silverspot in Chapel Hill on Saturday.

I think it would top off the evening nicely to go directly from having watched Duke beat UNC in the Dean Dome to Silverspot to watch JF. ��
    Seems redundant, but okay.

jackassforever.jpg

Moonfall was awful. Just a worthless mess. Here is my 100-word review: https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2022/0...-moonfall.html

I know there are films that critics hate but audiences love, but this does not appear to be one of them. I'm hearing that the opening night Cinemascore for Moonfall was a C+, which is horrifically bad. It takes hard work for any film to get less than like a B/B+ in opening night Cinemascore (as opening night viewers tend to be folks who are excited about a film, coming in with a good attitude).

Opening weekend Boxoffice is gonna be around $10 mil, maybe less. The Chinese investors who poured $140 mil into this film are going to lose buckets of money. It will be lucky to hit $25 mil in domestic ticket sales.

I watched The Tinder Swindler last night on Netflix and thought it was very captivating and well done. As a fairly recent single man I began using Tinder and other dating apps last year so maybe I had more interest in the subject than others here, but I still recommend it. It's an age old story of fraud and exploitation, updated for modern times.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I just wrapped up Creamerie on Hulu. It's a dark comedy set in an "post-apocalyptic" time after all of the men on the planet were killed off by a virus. The women are ruled over by The Wellness Center, who has a periodic lottery to see who the lucky ladies are that get to be impregnated from saved seed.
    The story focuses on three women years after all of the guys died out, or so at least they thought. They learn that isn't true in the first episode, as they run over a some guy roaming around in the middle of the night. And the story takes off from there.
    It's really engaging, at times really funny, and at times very intense. Solid acting throughout, filmed and set in New Zealand.

Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I watched The Tinder Swindler last night on Netflix and thought it was very captivating and well done. As a fairly recent single man I began using Tinder and other dating apps last year so maybe I had more interest in the subject than others here, but I still recommend it. It's an age old story of fraud and exploitation, updated for modern times.
    It’s a pretty spectacular level of fraud. I was astonished.