Page 55 of 164 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 3263
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    I just watched "The Father," starring Anthony Hopkins and Olivia Colman, and highly recommend it. I might have had something in my eyes a few times along the way. There's a reason Hopkins got a Sir to put in front of his name.
    I've been trying to get folks to watch this one since January. Brilliant film that is a must see for anyone with an aging parent. So much of it hits home in a very meaningful way.

Meanwhile, I saw a screening of Space Jam tonight and it was even worse than I feared. It may take me a day or two to get my extensive (ha!) review done but whatever you do, do not spend a penny on this Warner Bros. marketing exercise masquerading as a film.

-Jason "my son said it may have been the worst film he has ever seen in a theater" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I've been trying to get folks to watch this one since January. Brilliant film that is a must see for anyone with an aging parent. So much of it hits home in a very meaningful way.

Meanwhile, I saw a screening of Space Jam tonight and it was even worse than I feared. It may take me a day or two to get my extensive (ha!) review done but whatever you do, do not spend a penny on this Warner Bros. marketing exercise masquerading as a film.

-Jason "my son said it may have been the worst film he has ever seen in a theater" Evans
    So that would make it this generation's Howard the Duck?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Probably because he didn’t see WW84 in a theater

This is pretty much what I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Probably because he didn’t see WW84 in a theater
    This is a fair response.

We started watched Frayed on HBO Max and are really enjoying it. Usually good for a couple of real laughs an episode. It's about a woman from New Castle, Australia who leaves and becomes a to-do in London with a wealthy husband and two children...then, something happens, and she's forced to return home with her kids. Not an unfamiliar story but very British/Oz humor, some quirky characters, fun stuff.

Here is my 100-word review of the train wreck that is Space Jam 2: https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2021/0...space-jam.html

Lebron is not much of an actor and, frankly, he’s not all that likeable in this role. But the biggest sin is the Warner IP that is constantly being thrown at you.
    -Jason "I'm absolutely gobsmacked that this is at 40% on Rotten Tomatoes... how did 40% of critics see this and think it was worthwhile? All of my critic friends hated it" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Here is my 100-word review of the train wreck that is Space Jam 2: https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2021/0...space-jam.html

Lebron is not much of an actor and, frankly, he’s not all that likeable in this role. But the biggest sin is the Warner IP that is constantly being thrown at you.

-Jason "I'm absolutely gobsmacked that this is at 40% on Rotten Tomatoes... how did 40% of critics see this and think it was worthwhile? All of my critic friends hated it" Evans
    He's capable--he was really quite funny in Trainwreck, and did a decent-enough job as SNL host. But sounds like this one is an actual train wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    He's capable--he was really quite funny in Trainwreck, and did a decent-enough job as SNL host. But sounds like this one is an actual train wreck.
    I thought that movie was just awful (although I didn't think LeBron was particularly bad, he was about what I would expect from a basketball player trying to act).

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I thought that movie was just awful (although I didn't think LeBron was particularly bad, he was about what I would expect from a basketball player trying to act).
    I enjoyed Trainwreck. Lebron was almost an afterthought in the movie. I recall he was in it, but didn't particularly notice his performance. Which is to his credit.

Were there snakes on the train?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Were there snakes on the train?
    That movie is 100% on my bucket list, I used to see it on the shelf at Blockbuster all the time when I would go in.

220px-Snakesonatrain.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    He was pretty good in Trainwreck... but in this film everything is either flat or forced. And, as I said, he's really unlikeable for the most part. He's a bad parent who intimidates his kids and does not listen to what they are trying to tell him. I'm shocked that his people thought this script was a good idea.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    That movie is 100% on my bucket list, I used to see it on the shelf at Blockbuster all the time when I would go in.
    On the shelf where?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    On the shelf where?
    You heard me.

“Please be kind: rewind”

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    "Space Jam: A New Legacy," which stars James alongside the Looney Tunes, brought in an estimated $31.6 million in its North America opening this weekend. That exceeded industry expectations, which projected the film to bring in closer to $20 million for its debut.
    However, it looks like the reviews didn't matter much to consumers, who gave it an 81% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes and an "A-" on CinemaScore.
    'Murica!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/18/media...ice/index.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Have people watched No Sudden Move? Thoughts? I thought it was well acted but somewhat tough to follow (although admittedly I watched it late night when I was tired) and the fisheye lens filming was a little distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    "Space Jam: A New Legacy," which stars James alongside the Looney Tunes, brought in an estimated $31.6 million in its North America opening this weekend. That exceeded industry expectations, which projected the film to bring in closer to $20 million for its debut...
    However, it looks like the reviews didn't matter much to consumers, who gave it an 81% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes and an "A-" on CinemaScore.
    I interpret that as "80% of fan reviews on Rotten Tomatoes are from LeBron stans".

I interpret that as "80% of fan reviews on Rotten Tomatoes are from LeBron stans".
    Or, you know, kids.