Page 54 of 166 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 3310
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    What, what?
    I hated it. Felt like they said “Hey, here is what worked with the first movie, let’s just turn that up 700 percent!” which took away most of the appeal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    I have no idea what show you are talking about (messages 1050 on other than Jason's message about Black Widow.)

It would help that if you're not responding to the message immediately above (and it doesn't specifically mention the show) a recap/reminder of the subject would be beneficial. It appears the message that mentions the show is at least one page back, hard to track.

Thanks from this Boomer. (And don't forget to get off my lawn, now that I have one!)
    Sorry about that - it was The Undoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    I hated it. Felt like they said “Hey, here is what worked with the first movie, let’s just turn that up 700 percent!” which took away most of the appeal for me.
    You must be a huge Fast and Furious franchise fan.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Family.

Heh heh heh.

What’s funny is that I loved the first one.

But man, after that… ugh.

Heh heh heh.

That franchise is kinda amazing. The first couple films were about stealing cars and street racing. Now the films are about a ring of high-tech globetrotting mercenaries/secret agents who need to save the world from super terrorists. Whaaaaat?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Heh heh heh.

2 fast 2 furious is pretty great too, IMO. After that, I was done with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    2 fast 2 furious is pretty great too, IMO. After that, I was done with it all.
    You don’t quit on….(vin diesel voice) family.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    That franchise is kinda amazing. The first couple films were about stealing cars and street racing. Now the films are about a ring of high-tech globetrotting mercenaries/secret agents who need to save the world from super terrorists. Whaaaaat?
    You just have to reframe it. These are nothing more than cowboy movies set in modern times. Replace the horse with a car. Replace the Indians with flavor of the year terrorists and there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    You just have to reframe it. These are nothing more than cowboy movies set in modern times. Replace the horse with a car. Replace the Indians with flavor of the year terrorists and there you go.
    Still doesn't change the fact that the first movies were about some local horse rustlers and the later ones are basically The Wild Wild West (the Will Smith version, not the awesome Robert Conrad, Ross Martin one).
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Still doesn't change the fact that the first movies were about some local horse rustlers and the later ones are basically The Wild Wild West (the Will Smith version, not the awesome Robert Conrad, Ross Martin one).
    To be fair (I'm not a fan of the franchise or anything), it was about undercover cops and criminal organizations from the very beginning, so the crazy spy stuff is a ridiculous escalation but it didn't just come from nowhere in the middle of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    To be fair (I'm not a fan of the franchise or anything), it was about undercover cops and criminal organizations from the very beginning, so the crazy spy stuff is a ridiculous escalation but it didn't just come from nowhere in the middle of the series.
    The aliens did though.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The aliens did though.
    They always do. Even in real life.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

The first one is point break with cars.

Really, really late to the game here but I just binge watched Ted Lasso. I watch very little TV other than sports, kids shows and the occasional reality game with my kid (Legomasters, Holey Moley, etc.).

What an incredible show. It took a little while to get into it but I enjoyed it a lot. So many subtle pieces of clever humor and twists and turns. The end of the series was really well done. Jason Sudeikis is brilliant, as are so many of the smaller characters. Some of the subplots reminded me a lot of Bull Durham. I think we can all identify with a lot of it. And it was fun watching it towards the end of the European Cup.

Interesting that Sudeikis and the actors who played Beard and Roy were among the writers, and Zach Braff directed an episode (one of the creators and writers was one of the creators of Scrubs, one of my favorite shows).

I'm looking forward to seeing the second season starting soon though the first one will be a very tough act to follow.

Apologies if I am redundant to earlier discussions...

I just watched "The Father," starring Anthony Hopkins and Olivia Colman, and highly recommend it. I might have had something in my eyes a few times along the way. There's a reason Hopkins got a Sir to put in front of his name.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Really, really late to the game here but I just binge watched Ted Lasso. I watch very little TV other than sports, kids shows and the occasional reality game with my kid (Legomasters, Holey Moley, etc.).

What an incredible show. It took a little while to get into it but I enjoyed it a lot. So many subtle pieces of clever humor and twists and turns. The end of the series was really well done. Jason Sudeikis is brilliant, as are so many of the smaller characters. Some of the subplots reminded me a lot of Bull Durham. I think we can all identify with a lot of it. And it was fun watching it towards the end of the European Cup.

Interesting that Sudeikis and the actors who played Beard and Roy were among the writers, and Zach Braff directed an episode (one of the creators and writers was one of the creators of Scrubs, one of my favorite shows).

I'm looking forward to seeing the second season starting soon though the first one will be a very tough act to follow.

I am a member of the Church of Lasso.

Watched it once, then a second time with MrsPK. She loved it, and I picked up a lot I missed the first time. Brilliant show.

(As if you couldn’t tell my fandom from my avatar and sig.)

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I am a member of the Church of Lasso.

Watched it once, then a second time with MrsPK. She loved it, and I picked up a lot I missed the first time. Brilliant show.

(As if you couldn’t tell my fandom from my avatar and sig.)
    I'm debating watching it again - I picked up a lot of the subtleties but I'm sure I missed a lot also. I am more attuned to accents than most Americans but I struggled with the accents at times, particularly in the early episodes.

My 11-year old was pushing me to watch it as he thought I would like it from the commercials he saw (I am the king of dad jokes). Having watched it, I don't think I will be having him join me for a second time through. There would be more explaining to do than I care for right now (or awkward silences because he actually knows what is happening).

The few reviews I have seen for season 2 look pretty positive.

It’s almost perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Just finished Mare of Eastown on HBO Max. It's a single season 7 episode mini series staring Kate Winslet who plays a detective trying to solve the murder of a young girl in the town. It's so much more than this though. I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it was really well done. The acting and writing are both great. Highly recommend.
    I loved this. I am Delco born and raised - which added some extra flavor - and I think was pretty spot on. Kind of crazy to see that area get that kind of coverage between this show and Silver Linings Playbook.